2015 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid 2.0 MPV

Zavi

hi, long time no see king hehe

when wanna change full hybrid serena? :D

Haha... I no king la. You then the king. Contented with S-hybrid. No money to change Liao.. Haha

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

I am seriously considering to buy a Serena but I have a concern that with the two car batteries.

Will it be difficult and costly to maintain ? Are these two normal car lead batteries?

Wong Y

Hi

Welcome! If you look at the info just posted, it's not a full hybrid, but making use of the technology to make it a little more efficient.

Yes, both are lead batteries, one big and one small capacity. One is 55D23L, while the other is NS40ZL or 46B24L. I don't think by having another battery will cost much than normal cars. Anyway after three free servicing, TC has servicing packages for us and it is categorize under the 2 liter car bracket. Like other Nissan 2 liter car. After warranty is over, I think you can go to outside workshop if you choose to.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Tony. This is helpful.. Btw I believe most Serena spare parts are easily available ? I intend to make the purchase after CNY... My current car COE expire in May 2016.

Just collected my Serena, the drive back to home is enjoyable and my mum loves it. My SE is kind enough to throw in auto fold side mirror and visor on top of the usual.

Thinking of doing the paint protection as recommended by King this Friday. Also actively looking for boot mat and mat for side-step. Any lobang, King?

Cheers

Just collected my Serena, the drive back to home is enjoyable and my mum loves it. My SE is kind enough to throw in auto fold side mirror and visor on top of the usual.

Thinking of doing the paint protection as recommended by King this Friday. Also actively looking for boot mat and mat for side-step. Any lobang, King?

Cheers

Hi congrats!

Still sourcing for cheaper alternative locally. Will go source around this week. If not then down to two options: DIY or from Japan .

Remember to do the puncture proof when you are doing pps.

Thanks Tony. This is helpful.. Btw I believe most Serena spare parts are easily available ? I intend to make the purchase after CNY... My current car COE expire in May 2016.

HI,

You are welcome. As long as TC honors the warranty, then the parts are readily available locally. If not if you are someone who drives across the causeway, there are plenty of spares and parts in Malaysia. You can also ship it in, definitely cheaper than from Japan.

Hoped to see the Singapore Serena family grows. Maybe after CNY we should have a get together soon.

Finally saw my first Serena this afternoon at 4pm driving from along Tampines Ave 7 towards Tampines Central.

SKX plate blue moon white pearl highway star. Belongs to any bro here? I was on the opposite lane somewhere near TPJC.

Think I catch a glimpse of a maroon Singapore registered Serena today at JB near KSL city. Any bro driving in to JB already? I'm driving my old civic instead of my new ride

Hi King,

Mine is a blue moon white pearl but SKZ. Done the pps with Tribos but couldn't get the same price as you coz Donovan says that your price is a "special special" one fit for the king. :(

Think I catch a glimpse of a maroon Singapore registered Serena today at JB near KSL city. Any bro driving in to JB already? I'm driving my old civic instead of my new ride

Hi King,

Mine is a blue moon white pearl but SKZ. Done the pps with Tribos but couldn't get the same price as you coz Donovan says that your price is a "special special" one fit for the king. :(

hi,

Wah you already drove your car to JB? then you should be able to do up a lot of things there. So what did you add for your Serena in JB?

Sorry to hear about that. really have no control over the pricing as I have no affiliation to the company. But Tribos is really a good product. Remember not to use wash and wax shampoo. if you wash weekly, wash with water will do. if its a little dirty, then can car shampoo with no wax. 

I am using this once a fortnight. 

Sonax Car Wash Shampoo

Gentle on paint surfaces – won’t strip wax
Brilliant, surfactant-rich formula
Phosphate free, ph-neutral formula
Thick lathering action and pleasant scent
Safe for all finishes and leaves a brilliant, clean shine

post-98810-0-08469700-1453853383_thumb.jpg

I wonder how long can our car battery last with this idling start-stop. A normal car battery can last 2 years if it starts 2 times a day. Our car can easily start 20 times a day. So, will it even last 6 months?!

Hence, I think a portable USB jumpstarter will save the day. Looking at this mode. around $50. 

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/18000MAH-EMERGENCY-CAR-JUMP-STARTER/419903231

It has the following spec. 

Battiry capacity:15000/18000/22000mAh

Output:5V=2A ; 12V=2A ; 19V=3.5A

Starting current: >200A

Peak current:400A(<3S)

Does anyone know if this battery has sufficient power to start a Serena?

Hi Bros, few questions I will like to consult all the Serena bros here.

1) Currently, driving a Feb 2009 Honda city bought at 52k, sgcarmart selling a March 2009 at $49800. Will it make sense for me to trade in my car for a serena now as I won't be needing to downpay so much or should I drive till say 2017 or 2018 before I change my ride. But of cos by then I will have to downpay a lot more if I sell my car later.  How much can my ride fetch based on the figures I shown u guys (rough estimate). In a dilemma, to change my ride now or later. Need some advice from you guys.

2) What make u guys choose serena over Toyota voxy? Is it because of the price?

3) I know that serena is not a full hybrid, but as a s-hybrid does it helps in the fuel consumption?

Do hope u bros can give me some advice. Thanks!!!

No lah, driving in JB using my old car

Reasons for choosing Serena over Toyota triplets

1) my kids love the looks of Serena instead of the triplets

2) Serena has been the best selling MPV of its class in Japan in 2014

3) Easy availability of spare parts up north

4) Seats configuration

No lah, driving in JB using my old car

Reasons for choosing Serena over Toyota triplets

1) my kids love the looks of Serena instead of the triplets

2) Serena has been the best selling MPV of its class in Japan in 2014

3) Easy availability of spare parts up north

4) Seats configuration

I would think the fact that the PI is owned by TC had a significant effect on the decision-making process for some owners.

Hi Bros, few questions I will like to consult all the Serena bros here.

1) Currently, driving a Feb 2009 Honda city bought at 52k, sgcarmart selling a March 2009 at $49800. Will it make sense for me to trade in my car for a serena now as I won't be needing to downpay so much or should I drive till say 2017 or 2018 before I change my ride. But of cos by then I will have to downpay a lot more if I sell my car later. How much can my ride fetch based on the figures I shown u guys (rough estimate). In a dilemma, to change my ride now or later. Need some advice from you guys.

2) What make u guys choose serena over Toyota voxy? Is it because of the price?

3) I know that serena is not a full hybrid, but as a s-hybrid does it helps in the fuel consumption?

Do hope u bros can give me some advice. Thanks!!!

Sgcarmart listed at 49.8k does not mean you can sell it for that same amount, normally it will be 5-7k lower than what u see.

why not you go to T8 and get the SE to work out the finance. And see how much they offer you. Nobody will know how much the car can fetch in 1 year time, as it all depends on the COE price at that time. If COE high, you can sell a it higher, vice verse.

I choose Serena over triplets mainly because of the difference between a Car warranty by PI or AD. Hear too much stories of PI , but of course there are good PI around. It's just me. The other car that I almost brought is biante. The spec is quite similar to Serena.

And also I like Serena 7 or 8 seat flexible configuration, I can happily change it anytime as needed.

The space in the car, the available of "zing" on taobao or up north, the multiple compartment that can be found within the car, and of course strong mandate from the CO aka wifey. Without her saying yes, whatever I like abt the car, is just a comments only.

I am still getting less than 10km/l, so can't tell you how good is the fuel consumption , some bros here are getting better than me. Maybe it's the way I drive, or maybe it's because I m 70%city, 30% highway

Edited by HHHuat

Sgcarmart listed at 49.8k does not mean you can sell it for that same amount, normally it will be 5-7k lower than what u see.

why not you go to T8 and get the SE to work out the finance. And see how much they offer you. Nobody will know how much the car can fetch in 1 year time, as it all depends on the COE price at that time. If COE high, you can sell a it higher, vice verse.

I choose Serena over triplets mainly because of the difference between a Car warranty by PI or AD. Hear too much stories of PI , but of course there are good PI around. It's just me. The other car that I almost brought is biante. The spec is quite similar to Serena.

And also I like Serena 7 or 8 seat flexible configuration, I can happily change it anytime as needed.

The space in the car, the available of "zing" on taobao or up north, the multiple compartment that can be found within the car, and of course strong mandate from the CO aka wifey. Without her saying yes, whatever I like abt the car, is just a comments only.

I am still getting less than 10km/l, so can't tell you how good is the fuel consumption , some bros here are getting better than me. Maybe it's the way I drive, or maybe it's because I m 70%city, 30% highway

Did consider Biante but was told that the OMV is less than 20k which means the AD is earning an obscene amount of profits considering it is selling almost the same price as Serene which has a higher OMV of 27k

Thanks for the advice!! Btw who is yr se which handle yr deal?

I can pm you my SE if you need to test drive the Serena

Did consider Biante but was told that the OMV is less than 20k which means the AD is earning an obscene amount of profits considering it is selling almost the same price as Serene which has a higher OMV of 27k

Ya, that's was also 1 of the main reason that put me off . And the SE at ubi kind of piss me off, ask her 10 things, 9 things she try to smoke me. Told her go do her homework before trying to sell something she dunno.

↡ Advertisement