2015 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid 2.0 MPV

Zavi

You compare to these high end car, Serena confirm lose out lor. Hahahaha....

Lucky I always drive lower end car (lancer, vios , and Datsun van) that's why can accept most noise level.

Got many school of thoughts on how to run in lah, some say cannot go beyond 80, some say 90, some say 100, some even say strictly at 85 only, 86 also cannot. So I just kiasu keep it at 80. But I guess the rule of thumb is to keep your rpm low, and dun go too fast cause the engine still new and got debris in the engine. These debris May damage your engine if travel at high speed.

So depends on what you believe. Those conti car, dun even need to run in lor.

This is what I got from the Malaysian counterparts. But like you said, there are many schools of thought. I only follow this till 1000km.

post-98810-0-46510900-1451725166_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement

This is what I got from the Malaysian counterparts. But like you said, there are many schools of thought. I only follow this till 1000km.

Thanks for sharing. I've so far kept mostly to below 2.5k rpm, occasionally revving up to 3k rpm, so should be fine :)

Did a bit of DIY today on car mat. The 3M mat the SE provided (mine was $180) did not include the area underneath the 3rd row and boot area. The original car mats were the same, so I guess it's fair. Anyway, I bought 4 pieces of rectangular mats (quality similar to 3A mat), cut them to fit the boot contour and installed them with Velcro underneath (so that they do not slide around), attached are some pics.

post-151054-0-57319200-1451735822_thumb.jpgpost-151054-0-83065900-1451735834_thumb.jpg

I also noticed that if u switch off the VDC (aka traction control) besides the engine idling stop switch, the anti collision also turns off:

post-151054-0-88365500-1451735935_thumb.jpg

Btw, how to rotate photos so that they are upright when I post?

Thanks for sharing. I've so far kept mostly to below 2.5k rpm, occasionally revving up to 3k rpm, so should be fine :)

Did a bit of DIY today on car mat. The 3M mat the SE provided (mine was $180) did not include the area underneath the 3rd row and boot area. The original car mats were the same, so I guess it's fair. Anyway, I bought 4 pieces of rectangular mats (quality similar to 3A mat), cut them to fit the boot contour and installed them with Velcro underneath (so that they do not slide around), attached are some pics.

attachicon.gifSerena boot mat 1.JPGattachicon.gif

Serena boot mat 2.JPG

I also noticed that if u switch off the VDC (aka traction control) besides the engine idling stop switch, the anti collision also turns off:

attachicon.gifSerena Dashboard.JPG

Btw, how to rotate photos so that they are upright when I post?

Sorry till now still didn't go play around. The ave mileage how do you reset it? Tks!

Sorry till now still didn't go play around. The ave mileage how do you reset it? Tks!

Press and hold the button with a dot when u r on the screen with the average mileage. Can do the same to reset the cumulative idling stop timing.

Press and hold the button with a dot when u r on the screen with the average mileage. Can do the same to reset the cumulative idling stop timing.

Thank you bro!

Did my 1k today, some thing happen.

The service engineer call me that I can collect my car already, but got 1 problem while washing the car, the car auto lock itself with the key inside. They need to retrieve the spare key from me. They totally have no idea how can that possibly happen. I tried to replicate the process again, but it's not happening again. Bro out there just be careful not to leave the key inside the car, who knows what causes this.

Did my 1k today, some thing happen.

The service engineer call me that I can collect my car already, but got 1 problem while washing the car, the car auto lock itself with the key inside. They need to retrieve the spare key from me. They totally have no idea how can that possibly happen. I tried to replicate the process again, but it's not happening again. Bro out there just be careful not to leave the key inside the car, who knows what causes this.

Wow so funny . Could it be the auto lock module bro?

Wow so funny . Could it be the auto lock module bro?

It could , that's was my first suspect as well, but no way I can replicate the same issues again. I rem one of the bro here was telling me that the car manual mention to change the auto sliding door to manual when washing car. Not sure this is one of the case as well.?

It could , that's was my first suspect as well, but no way I can replicate the same issues again. I rem one of the bro here was telling me that the car manual mention to change the auto sliding door to manual when washing car. Not sure this is one of the case as well.?

I have been faithfully washing my car weekly with sliding door on auto. same for my sienta auto door the past 8 years. no such problem leh. 

Don't see the rationale of switching it to manual. so far i have left my key once it the car while washing my car. still able to open the car door from outside. but like you said, always safer to have the keys in the pocket.

I have been faithfully washing my car weekly with sliding door on auto. same for my sienta auto door the past 8 years. no such problem leh. 

Don't see the rationale of switching it to manual. so far i have left my key once it the car while washing my car. still able to open the car door from outside. but like you said, always safer to have the keys in the pocket.

the services engineer come out with 1 theory, he say could be the car washer handphone interfering with the car signal. its a weak one, but I guess we will never know what actually happen. 

for sure I will not leave my key inside the car anymore. for next 5k servicing I will pull out the OBD before handover the car, to eliminate what ever could be the problem. 

the services engineer come out with 1 theory, he say could be the car washer handphone interfering with the car signal. its a weak one, but I guess we will never know what actually happen. 

for sure I will not leave my key inside the car anymore. for next 5k servicing I will pull out the OBD before handover the car, to eliminate what ever could be the problem. 

Wise move bro. i will see what they will say about my auto lock module, or whether my car will be lock when i go for my 5 k servicing. should be by end month. 

Wise move bro. i will see what they will say about my auto lock module, or whether my car will be lock when i go for my 5 k servicing. should be by end month. 

but technically the auto lock module should not "auto lock" when the key is inside the car. cause you are not holding any key to lock the car. 

thats why very weird lor....the engineer also say this is the first time that he see this. I also told him, for my past 8years driving a keyless entry car, it had never happen to me before as well. the key was left inside for dunno how many times already. 

but technically the auto lock module should not "auto lock" when the key is inside the car. cause you are not holding any key to lock the car. 

thats why very weird lor....the engineer also say this is the first time that he see this. I also told him, for my past 8years driving a keyless entry car, it had never happen to me before as well. the key was left inside for dunno how many times already. 

Haha... you were lucky that you had your spare key with you. I better bring my spare for the servicing as well :)

Haha... you were lucky that you had your spare key with you. I better bring my spare for the servicing as well :)

I dun have the key w me, they send someone to collect from my wife. Lucky her office is nearby.

Just did my second tank of petrol topup. Dashboard showed 12.0km/l, but manual calculated FC is 11.5km/l (47.9L over 550km).

I left my idling stop on most of the time for this tank of petrol, total time stop was 36m17s, total petrol saved 376ml, which translate to a fuel cost savings of $0.75 (assuming RON 95 price is $2/l, before station/card discount). Is it just me or does idling stop not save much petrol after all?

I watched the counter before, mine is about every 5.5s stop will save 1ml,

Yup, about same as mine. 36m17s = 2177s, divided by 5.5 = 396ml of petrol saved.

So idle stop for half an hour only save less than $1 of petrol. Worth it?

Edited by carrot81