10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Errr it's normal?

I bought my odyssey without test drive also.

For my budget. I didn't have much choices.

I don't see a point in test driving unless it's a supercar

I think it goes down to how close your options are. The test drive can be the final factor to a decision.

If you are 90% buying that, a test drive will not be that important.

I have long given up on conti cars.....used to drive an Audi followed by a BMW. Once the warranty for these cars are up, my advice is to start shopping for a new one again. I have since switched back to my reliable Jap car and do not think I will go back to conti cars anymore. [nod]

I do have this mentality too. My friend brought out a point. Japanese cars used to be more reliable because there were lesser electronics or features. Once they do catch up on that, issues will follow.
↡ Advertisement

I have long given up on conti cars.....used to drive an Audi followed by a BMW. Once the warranty for these cars are up, my advice is to start shopping for a new one again. I have since switched back to my reliable Jap car and do not think I will go back to conti cars anymore. [nod]

Me too, BMW burns engine oil, Audi has wet undercarriage(leaking), VW DCT issue..., therefore JP models less hassle although less power than contis
  • Praise 1

I think it goes down to how close your options are. The test drive can be the final factor to a decision.

If you are 90% buying that, a test drive will not be that important.

I do have this mentality too. My friend brought out a point. Japanese cars used to be more reliable because there were lesser electronics or features. Once they do catch up on that, issues will follow.

Actually Japanese strong point is electronic, Gremen strong point is Mechanic, however major issues of conti cars came from mechanical but not electronic,
  • Praise 1

IMO, dealing with German, only American can justified and win over them.

Asian has no way to talk or justify your purchase on German products.

German never budge, and will make you pay for all repair and services. They will not admit their fault.

It does not matter losing you as a customer.

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 1

Actually for continental cars, especially the big three, Mercedes-Benz is the most reliable brand.

Other than that, Volvo seems to be the second reliable brand.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Praise 1

Hi new car buyers!

After reading so many posts and yet still undecided? :a-SOS: Still have that niggling questions in your mind which need to be cleared?
Fret not, many of us have collected our rides since September and are also learning and mastering the functions. :yuush:
The CivicXSG admins have setup a watsapp channel for potential buyers to raise any concerns to help you make your most important choice in life. [idea]
Join us, its free to ask questions! We look forward to hearing from you! [wave]

Hi all vendors,

If you have lobang/deals on BBK/PPS/Bodykits/Servicing/Rims/Tyres/Cameras etc, do join this chat to intro your products! We will help to promote to our members!

https://chat.whatsap...2OW1Iyr0BN5R4g3

• Praise 1

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I am quite interested in this new civic, somehow the body shape appeals to me quite a fair bit. 

I will like to know whether will the 1.6L feel underpowered like compared to a 1.5L jazz? 

Thanks all!

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I am quite interested in this new civic, somehow the body shape appeals to me quite a fair bit. 

I will like to know whether will the 1.6L feel underpowered like compared to a 1.5L jazz? 

Thanks all!

Best to test drive both, 1.5l Jazz can complete century sprint within 10 seconds, it's lighter than Civic.

And at 130hp, it has more output to the heavier but slower Civic.

But another major difference is the different segment both cars are in. Civic is way bigger and more refined than the Jazz.

• Praise 1

I hv tested Jazz and Vezel. I think both cvt transmission are not the same as civic.

I believe their trans are the previous model which has slow shifting up on acceleration and do not provide the good feel. The rubber band feel is strong same as Toyota trans.

Since car is already not cheap, choose wisely to meet your needs.

I hv tested Jazz and Vezel. I think both cvt transmission are not the same as civic.

I believe their trans are the previous model which has slow shifting up on acceleration and do not provide the good feel. The rubber band feel is strong same as Toyota trans.

Since car is already not cheap, choose wisely to meet your needs.

Already with you bro, I test drive the Fit (CVT), Vezel (CVT) and Vezel Hybrid which is using the 7 speed dual clutch. CVT is worlds apart with dual clutch.

In additional, the hybrid managed to hit the century sprint between 8 to 9 seconds. Pretty decent acceleration and pricing as compared to the Civic 1.5T at 130k. Bros looking to have a quicker car than Civic but cheaper than Civic Turbo can consider.

Already with you bro, I test drive the Fit (CVT), Vezel (CVT) and Vezel Hybrid which is using the 7 speed dual clutch. CVT is worlds apart with dual clutch.

In additional, the hybrid managed to hit the century sprint between 8 to 9 seconds. Pretty decent acceleration and pricing as compared to the Civic 1.5T at 130k. Bros looking to have a quicker car than Civic but cheaper than Civic Turbo can consider.

Most if not all hybrids have instant acceleration cos they use the electric motor up to a certain speed and so not very fair comparison against a petrol car be it NA or turbo for acceleration.

And do be mindful should you want to get a PI hybrid cos hybrid batteries mostly last up to 6-7 years and is costly. Must buy from those PIs who give 10 yr battery warranty.

• Praise 8

anyone bought the civic or rather kah motor car with the down-bid scheme? its additional 2k cash saving, but the chances is 50-50 for getting the COE. any bro uses this down-bid and gotten their COE?

anyone bought the civic or rather kah motor car with the down-bid scheme? its additional 2k cash saving, but the chances is 50-50 for getting the COE. any bro uses this down-bid and gotten their COE?

KM got offer such a scheme? I thought their cars alr priced at a premium. Never heard of KM failing coe or ask for topup. When i bought my Civic at 49k coe, they can actually go as far as submitting a 58k bid when it spikes due to mas relaxing loan quantum

Looks sick, but any civic drivers can weigh in on the cabin noise and how does the suspension feel?

Pretty quiet other than the tyre noise. Noise level still acceptable even you rev hard.

Suspension is pretty good, if compared to my old Fit. Rear suspension uses multilink. Should be comfortable for rear passengers.

• Praise 1

Most if not all hybrids have instant acceleration cos they use the electric motor up to a certain speed and so not very fair comparison against a petrol car be it NA or turbo for acceleration.

And do be mindful should you want to get a PI hybrid cos hybrid batteries mostly last up to 6-7 years and is costly. Must buy from those PIs who give 10 yr battery warranty.

But 10-year warranty only covers batteries if they are "damaged".

As we all knows that batteries will get weaker over time when charged and discharged like our mobile phones and will lose power easier.

Please do note that the above symptoms are not covered under warranty.

• Praise 1

But 10-year warranty only covers batteries if they are "damaged".

As we all knows that batteries will get weaker over time when charged and discharged like our mobile phones and will lose power easier.

Please do note that the above symptoms are not covered under warranty.

Weaker batteries I believe is to be expected n obviously warranty doesn't cover this. My fear is the batteries die after 6-7 yrs which has happened to the earlier batch of Prius n its costly so at least warranty covers the battery cost if it dies off which I understand to be few thousand $

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4