10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

why would KM go for a price war with altis.. i believe the OMV of ceebic is higher...

n ceebic just got sedan car of the year...

and from what the bro here posted, the waiting period is quite long also??? 

OMV of Altis elegance - 19.9K

OMV of Civic 1.6NA - 19.5K

Both have zero CEVS. The cost price of Altis elegance, including COE, is 1k more expensive than that of Civic 1.6NA. But the selling price is about 14K difference. 

BUT BUT, at 99.8k, with warranty and free  servicing thrown in, without taking into consideration of other operating cost,  BM is making no margin at all. They are obviously playing volume game while hoping COE will come down a few k in the next few bids to cushion their profit. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

I won't put too much value into the car of the year award.. I can't say much about kelong... and I don't think they allow you to vote a car which has been in the market before, otherwise I think the Corolla will always be in the running.. 

OMV of Altis elegance - 19.9K

OMV of Civic 1.6NA - 19.5K

Both have zero CEVS. The cost price of Altis elegance, including COE, is 1k more expensive than that of Civic 1.6NA. But the selling price is about 19K difference.

Need to wait for the facelift altis price for a more accurate comparison.

True.... if the Type R costs 150k some may buy a basic Merc CLA, then resort to all kinds of chipping, and tart up their ride...

err the euro Type R is faster than BMW M3 on most circuits.

But i agree that the days of getting Jap pocket rockets (type R and WRX/STI) are gone.

The Contis have many choices fast/powerful enough for the normal car enthusiast. 

Hi all,

I have a question about the windscreen. I just found out a small chipped hole on the surface on the windscreen. Think caused by some pebbles when I was driving.

I am thinking changing the whole windscreen in Ubi Kah Motor body repair shop. Can claim the excess $100.

1. Does the Honda workshop have immediate stock of new windscreens? 

2. If so, how long they take to replace the whole thing? 1 day or 2-3 days at least for the sealant to heal?

One of my friends told me another option to go to those car workshops that do car windows repair in Sin Ming. He said they can fill in some "substance" and polish the windscreen till it's like new.

1. May I know what is that "substance"?

2. If there are such workshops, which are the recommended ones?

3. How long they take to mend that hole?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I would strongly discourage you from 'filling' the chip on your windscreen. Not sure how deep but if you can feel and see it, best to replace.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I have a question about the windscreen. I just found out a small chipped hole on the surface on the windscreen. Think caused by some pebbles when I was driving.

I am thinking changing the whole windscreen in Ubi Kah Motor body repair shop. Can claim the excess $100.

2. If so, how long they take to replace the whole thing? 1 day or 2-3 days at least for the sealant to heal?

One of my friends told me another option to go to those car workshops that do car windows repair in Sin Ming. He said they can fill in some "substance" and polish the windscreen till it's like new.

The shop is called Glass Fix

https://m.facebook.com/glassfixpteltd/#!/glassfixpteltd/

Hi all,

Civic is Kah Motor best selling model now. They should have the stock for you unless there is a sudden demand.

Make you booking, 1 or 2 days they should able to fix for you.

Wow !! 99,888 at G COE....buy la..clear stocks price Liao...further more now BM making "headlines"....turbulent times but car is still car. Good luck

True la...altis this model is old model already...facelift coming or full change ???!!!

For KM, they always suay...lost a lot of $$$ by not selling the legend FD2R civic 4 dr type R..selling like hot cakes back then and this car still command a very impressive market value. While the FN2R....zzzzzzzzz

Actually why the price is so low is because in Australia, Malaysia etc already selling the 2017 MY Altis facelift already:

post-151638-0-64980100-1484183427_thumb.jpg

Full model change for Altis should be around 2017 end or 2018 H1 as TNGA has been rolled out to the CHR and the North American Camry:

post-151638-0-60447000-1484183568.jpgpost-151638-0-44009400-1484183573.jpg

Maybe when the civic hatch is out the sedan price will drop? Haha.

post-151638-0-50633400-1484183738.jpg

By the way for those considering NA new Impreza is out, also CVT and a claimed "50% reduction in body roll" from their press release. Not sure true or not as I haven't tried but the people at http://www.caradvice.com.au/508482/small-hatchback-comparison-holden-astra-v-renault-megane-v-subaru-impreza/ like the handling and for the first time, the interior.

post-151638-0-81945400-1484183974_thumb.jpg

post-151638-0-00967400-1484183981_thumb.jpg

post-151638-0-02886800-1484183986_thumb.jpg

2017-2018 is looking to be a very interesting year. (Maybe new Mazda 3 by end 2018?)

Actually why the price is so low is because in Australia, Malaysia etc already selling the 2017 MY Altis facelift already:

32_Gen_11_-_2016.jpg

Full model change for Altis should be around 2017 end or 2018 H1 as TNGA has been rolled out to the CHR and the North American Camry:

2018_Toyota_Camry_Camry_Hybrid_01_560FD77CF2E4DF16D8CFB115D19F05A302DC040C_low.jpg 2018_Toyota_Camry_Hybrid_XLE_02_F2F821A317631560688B5C3FC036338CD9A06E1F_low.jpg

Maybe when the civic hatch is out the sedan price will drop? Haha.

2017-honda-civic-hatchback-inline1-photo-670269-s-original.jpg

By the way for those considering NA new Impreza is out, also CVT and a claimed "50% reduction in body roll" from their press release. Not sure true or not as I haven't tried but the people at http://www.caradvice.com.au/508482/small-hatchback-comparison-holden-astra-v-renault-megane-v-subaru-impreza/ like the handling and for the first time, the interior.

gallery_05.jpg

gallery_06.jpg

2017-Subaru-Impreza-interior.jpg

2017-2018 is looking to be a very interesting year. (Maybe new Mazda 3 by end 2018?)

The new impreza interior looks good.
  • Praise 1

err the euro Type R is faster than BMW M3 on most circuits.

But i agree that the days of getting Jap pocket rockets (type R and WRX/STI) are gone.

The Contis have many choices fast/powerful enough for the normal car enthusiast. 

actually Japanese car makers always have longer foresight than conti makers,

nowadays worldwide facing deteriorative traffic jam,  fast/powerful cars don't have any advantage in this kind traffic condition, therefore JP makers changed their strategy to focus on fuel saving such as CVT, Hybrid, electrical car etc, all Japanese lead in the world,

however Conti makers still are wild about fast and powerful technology which Japanese played in 20th century 80s, 

• Praise 2

actually Japanese car makers always have longer foresight than conti makers,

nowadays worldwide facing deteriorative traffic jam,  fast/powerful cars don't have any advantage in this kind traffic condition, therefore JP makers changed their strategy to focus on fuel saving such as CVT, Hybrid, electrical car etc, all Japanese lead in the world,

however Conti makers still are wild about fast and powerful technology which Japanese played in 20th century 80s, 

Disagree!

BMW has i3 & i8.  i3 is electric car.  i8 is hybrid car.

In addition, Mini R56 also has Mini Electric.

Mind you, BMW has been doing research on fuel cell for 20 yrs.  I think Toyota Mirai is based on BMW fuel cell technology.

Unlike Japan, Germany has autobahn, which translate into faster & more powerful car for inter-city commuting.

• Praise 1

I would strongly discourage you from 'filling' the chip on your windscreen. Not sure how deep but if you can feel and see it, best to replace.

Hi, I have called Kah Motors body repair shop and they said I have to go down with my car and let them access the damage and also to personally submit the claim. (Quite troublesome.)

Anyway, I just briefly check with them. They said if there is no hairline crack and only a chip hole, probably I can't claim with the excess. And I have to pay $2,000!, to replace the windscreen without claim. What??? So expensive???

I also checked with the insurance company. I told them the same situation of the surface chipped hole but they can't comment for now. Need to see the assessment report. The chip hole may or may not compromise the safety in future.

Now in dilemma.

Should I go down to Kah Motors body repair shop to let them do the assessment and after that waste my time being told I can't claim?

Or just straight away go to those car window workshop instead to repair it?

Hi,

Newbie here..

Just sharing.. some pics..

Before :
IMG_0344_zpsdnykitvs.jpg

After :
IMG_0391_zpsjmym46dl.jpg

Fitted with this :
IMG_0379_zpsd4lj4ewn.jpg
Tein Flex adjustables suspension system
↡ Advertisement