Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Camrytron

They have to do away with the removable battery and sd card to make the phone slimmer, no choice. Anyone bought the original Samsung hard translucent Clear View Cover (see image)? Saw it in best denki and it looks very nice with the phone. It cost $88 which is really expensive for a casing.

EF-ZG920BSEGWW-685401-2.jpg

Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement

They have to do away with the removable battery and sd card to make the phone slimmer, no choice. Anyone bought the original Samsung hard translucent Clear View Cover (see image)? Saw it in best denki and it looks very nice with the phone. It cost $88 which is really expensive for a casing.

My friend has the casing but IMHO, it:

(1) defeats the whole purpose of the phone being made slim cos after adding on the case it is pretty thick

(2) covers the premium body which defeats the purpose of designing the premium body in the first place

Basically it's like having a super gorgeuous gf/wife and then disfiguring her to prevent other ppl from trying to steal her from you haha. Just kidding. Btw, I got the A8 (cannot not have SD card) and i am leaving in commando state for the time being.

Edited by Kar_lover

samsung criticize Apple charge exorbitant price for 64gb and 128gb phone

where sd card storage is sibei cheap and iphone buyers kena chopped carrot

now, what do they say to their buyers? lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

samsung criticize Apple charge exorbitant price for 64gb and 128gb phone

where sd card storage is sibei cheap and iphone buyers kena chopped carrot

now, what do they say to their buyers? lol

lan lan because unless you wanna root phone, most of the app data needs to be stored inside the internal memory :wut:

I use the clear view cover on my s6 edge. Using the green cover because it goes with my green s6, I love how it looks because the front panel looks gold more than anything else when closed. What's also cool is you retain some basic functionality of the touchscreen even with the cover closed as it allows basic swiping.

Cons:

1. Scratches easily but I guess that's the point of having a cover, plus I'm rough with my phones.

2. The s6 screens have a documented issue with pitting and according to some, it's due to the clear view cover although I don't see how but I've also got the pitting issue.

I'll probably pick up the note 5 at some point to replace my xperia z ultra (my email and hotspot phone), it's so hard to find phones of this size nowadays.

I m using notes 4 and iPhone 5S, I like notes 4 quality especially photos taken are very nice

Don't think will get note 5 because of the memory constraints

Thinking of getting the new iPhone when it launches later on

• Praise 3

In Samsung's defence... they did say when they announced the phone that they only considered a sealed battery as the charging times/technology had improved vastly since 2007 (when the original iPhone was released)... maybe just PR-speak... but still valid.

73788.png

With SD cards... Google broke that support with Android Kit-Kat... I remember reading that it was about app/data security... not sure how it is now, two versions down the road. Samsung could have made a tray for the SD cards... like the SIM tray if they really wanted to I think... maybe the support from the OS just isn't there still. Personally I find two storage locations confusing... I prefer how iOS handles things.

I use the clear view cover on my s6 edge. Using the green cover because it goes with my green s6, I love how it looks because the front panel looks gold more than anything else when closed. What's also cool is you retain some basic functionality of the touchscreen even with the cover closed as it allows basic swiping.

Cons:

1. Scratches easily but I guess that's the point of having a cover, plus I'm rough with my phones.

2. The s6 screens have a documented issue with pitting and according to some, it's due to the clear view cover although I don't see how but I've also got the pitting issue.

I'll probably pick up the note 5 at some point to replace my xperia z ultra (my email and hotspot phone), it's so hard to find phones of this size nowadays.

Thanks for sharing. I think I will go buy it EV en though I think 88 bucks for a casing is crazy. Lol. Do you know if this casing is the same for the s6 and s6 edge ? I will post a PIC of it after i buy it.

Turbocharged

You said it since Note 4 until now [laugh][laugh]

I'm still waiting for that CB @hondacub777 to make good on his promise. It has been almost a year. Yup 361 days to be exact if you examine the date that he posted that ancestral tablet. :ph34r:

Thanks for sharing. I think I will go buy it EV en though I think 88 bucks for a casing is crazy. Lol. Do you know if this casing is the same for the s6 and s6 edge ? I will post a PIC of it after i buy it.

I think the casing is different because of the screen curvature on the edge.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I'm still waiting for that CB @hondacub777 to make good on his promise. It has been almost a year. Yup 361 days to be exact if you examine the date that he posted that ancestral tablet. :ph34r:

he just gibe you a tablet... but that one not for surfing web.... more for praying... [laugh]

• Praise 1

I bought the clear view cover at $88 which is insane for a piece of plastic. Lol. After using the phone with the cover , I removed the cover and realised how much nicer if felt to hold the phone without a cover being so slim and glassy. Lol.

is different from s6 & edge

• Praise 1

I bought the clear view cover at $88 which is insane for a piece of plastic. Lol. After using the phone with the cover , I removed the cover and realised how much nicer if felt to hold the phone without a cover being so slim and glassy. Lol.

The clear view cover is not very functional for its price. Plus it pits. No running away from it.

I was sold because the salesman told me I could use the screen without flipping it open.

Well, that turned out to be wrong.

I spent 5 minutes trying to make the screen remain on while the cover is closed. It was quite hilarious in hindsight.

Of course, it looks cool, so think of it as $78 for style, $10 for plastic. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement