BPL 15/16 - The New Season Part 1

Maxus-MIFA9

(edited)

Klopp got it terribly wrong then.

Should have fielded the weakened team in COC final and the 1st team last night.

If only he reads MCF!!

Edited by Ngseeming
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Let's put it this way, on current form, it is already very difficult for Arsenal to sustain the title push. With Cech out, it just makes it tougher.

A good keeper can give a team 10-15 points a season, turning loses into draws or draws into wins.

ospina is fine.... based on last season.....  as difficult but it seems no one wants to win the trophy this year...... 

Turbocharged
(edited)

Klopp got it terribly wrong then.

Should have fielded the weakened team in COC final and the 1st team last night.

If only he reads MCF!!

Won't say he is wrong. We pushed City all the way to pen and when it reached that stage, is a toss of coin really.

I can see Pellegrini changed tactics in the final to concede possession but I am not sure what he did last night. Didn't catch the game. Too tired lol.

Also, we need to give our friend Sterling a proper welcome by saving Flanno for him. Man City only left Anfield to conquer after their oil money injection and we make them wait another season

He won't have time for MCF for sure. Here is meant for armchair pundits, not real life manager :D

Edited by Osprey23

He won't have time for MCF for sure. Here is meant for armchair pundits, not real life manager :D

I said Klopp was terribly wrong in great jest. He is one of few managers I truly admire. And I started watching LFC's games (against the teams that I normally would not watch) after he took over.

We are Armchair pundit, desktop warriors, visual managers.... aren't we   :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  

But our critics, commences and prediction are 85% accurate hor ... :XD:

Like who to sell next season and who to buy .. [sly]

See, 90% here don't like Benteke & Me-no-ley....... :secret-laugh:

We are Armchair pundit, desktop warriors, visual managers.... aren't we   :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  

Like those giving tips on horse racing in 'Punter's Way' are not horse jockeys also what .....  

They are also 'armchair' warriors ......... :XD:  :XD:  

We are Armchair pundit, desktop warriors, visual managers.... aren't we :grin::grin::grin:

...with a glass of beer in one hand, potato chips in the other and shout "butoh!" while we watch the game in great comfort at home.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

lallana was a live wire this morning and was everywhere.

well deserved MOTM  [thumbsup]

banana was involved in all the 3 goals, including the 1st tai-ko shot from so far outside the area... Hart mis-read it and his positioning was really questionable.

when banana plays likes this, he looks every bit like the ex-saints captain which Pool forked out all of 25m pd for. The question is whether he can play consistently like this week in week out.  

Let's put it this way, on current form, it is already very difficult for Arsenal to sustain the title push. With Cech out, it just makes it tougher.

A good keeper can give a team 10-15 points a season, turning loses into draws or draws into wins.

agreed. just look at manure. how would they have gotten into UCL last season without DDG... 

Won't say he is wrong. We pushed City all the way to pen and when it reached that stage, is a toss of coin really.

I can see Pellegrini changed tactics in the final to concede possession but I am not sure what he did last night. Didn't catch the game. Too tired lol.

Also, we need to give our friend Sterling a proper welcome by saving Flanno for him. Man City only left Anfield to conquer after their oil money injection and we make them wait another season

another important aspect of last game compared to wembley is that the game was played at anfield.  

This city team are very ordinary and if I may say, pretty poor on their travels. Pool can play well at home at times and last nite, they finally clicked together.

Another important point is that Anfield is confirmed the boegy ground for city. Since the club was flushed with all the oil monies, there is only 1 away ground in the whole EPL that city has not won before.  and you guessed, it is anfield :) 

• Praise 1

But our critics, commences and prediction are 85% accurate hor ... :XD:

Like who to sell next season and who to buy .. [sly]

See, 90% here don't like Benteke & Me-no-ley....... :secret-laugh:

I know one bro here has direct Whatsapp-ing with Ah Seng.

Who has it with Klopp, tell him this forum, esp on footballing is must read one. Can turn the club's fortunes, both financially and footballing wise. [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I know one bro here has direct Whatsapp-ing with Ah Seng.

Who has it with Klopp, tell him this forum, esp on footballing is must read one. Can turn the club's fortunes, both financially and footballing wise. [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

Klopp i also have..... i kangtao many many  [laugh]

BBC sports has an article on "Super League" : http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35707372

These clubs are worrying about missing out or unfavorable grouping.  With new chiefs at FIFA and UEFA (soon), they want to "choke seat" first to advance their interests.

Some excerpts from the article: 

The beginning of a secret plot to form the most controversial breakaway in football history?

It would be a new, invite-only competition that would see the biggest English clubs partner with their continental counterparts.Such a move would mean the end of the Champions League and pose a huge threat to both the Premier League and Uefa, which governs European football.

The story sparked an inevitable backlash from those who view such an idea as elitist nonsense, motivated by greedy clubs about to benefit from a record £8bn TV deal. 

It has also been noted that the so-called 'big clubs' present at the summit currently lie third (Arsenal), fourth (Manchester City), fifth (Manchester United), eighth (Chelsea) and 11th (Liverpool) in the table.

They also insist a breakaway from the Premier League is not on the agenda. However, the talks did focus on possible reform of the Champions League, something that is very much on the agenda within European football's corridors of power

The meeting should be seen in this context then, as an attempt by the Premier League's top clubs to take stock of the growing pressure from their European rivals for a new and improved Champions League or Super League and to form a collective position on the debate.

This all comes at a fascinating moment for the sport. We are in the midst of regime change at both Fifa - the world governing body - and Uefa, offering new opportunities for the game's various interests to show they mean business.

Klopp i also have..... i kangtao many many  [laugh]

Wow, quickly whatsapp him lah. [bounce2]

Also tell him if he need backroom staff, be it Director of Football, Transfer Committee,  Asst Manager, Fitness, Goalkeeper coaches, Performance Analysts (we can do it without the clusmsy data collections) or what have you. Plenty of well qualified personnel here. But we only accept positions in the 1st team ho. Positions for Under 21 to Under 11,  go Hardwarezone. :grin:

Turbocharged

Klopp has met with New Balance to discuss next season's training kit. [Tony Barrett]

Klopp really getting his hands into every aspects.

Btw, Pellegrini attributed last night defeat to Pool to fatigue. Looks like they party really hard after the cup win :D

BBC sports has an article on "Super League" : http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35707372

These clubs are worrying about missing out or unfavorable grouping.  With new chiefs at FIFA and UEFA (soon), they want to "choke seat" first to advance their interests.

Some excerpts from the article: 

The beginning of a secret plot to form the most controversial breakaway in football history?

It would be a new, invite-only competition that would see the biggest English clubs partner with their continental counterparts.Such a move would mean the end of the Champions League and pose a huge threat to both the Premier League and Uefa, which governs European football.

The story sparked an inevitable backlash from those who view such an idea as elitist nonsense, motivated by greedy clubs about to benefit from a record £8bn TV deal. 

It has also been noted that the so-called 'big clubs' present at the summit currently lie third (Arsenal), fourth (Manchester City), fifth (Manchester United), eighth (Chelsea) and 11th (Liverpool) in the table.

They also insist a breakaway from the Premier League is not on the agenda. However, the talks did focus on possible reform of the Champions League, something that is very much on the agenda within European football's corridors of power

The meeting should be seen in this context then, as an attempt by the Premier League's top clubs to take stock of the growing pressure from their European rivals for a new and improved Champions League or Super League and to form a collective position on the debate.

This all comes at a fascinating moment for the sport. We are in the midst of regime change at both Fifa - the world governing body - and Uefa, offering new opportunities for the game's various interests to show they mean business.

To make it balanced reading, here is an article on why this Super League may not happen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3473241/Football-s-big-wigs-dreaming-Euro-Super-League-years-s-five-reasons-not-happen.html

• Praise 6

ospina is fine.... based on last season.....  as difficult but it seems no one wants to win the trophy this year...... 

The worry for Ospina or any goalie for that matter is to come in cold.

Whilst he's not coming in after the match has started, it is still nevertheless worrying for a goalie to come in without much match exposure esp if he has not even been playing reserve team football.

White Hot Lane against your most bitter rivals is not exactly the best place to introduce a fresh goalie.

Nevertheless, Ospina is an experienced International goalie and I do feel he is capable, good luck!!

• Praise 7

Wow, quickly whatsapp him lah. [bounce2]

Also tell him if he need backroom staff, be it Director of Football, Transfer Committee,  Asst Manager, Fitness, Goalkeeper coaches, Performance Analysts (we can do it without the clusmsy data collections) or what have you. Plenty of well qualified personnel here. But we only accept positions in the 1st team ho. Positions for Under 21 to Under 11,  go Hardwarezone. :grin:

apps him liao but he say pool office not enough armchairs to accommodate so many.....  [laugh]

The worry for Ospina or any goalie for that matter is to come in cold.

Whilst he's not coming in after the match has started, it is still nevertheless worrying for a goalie to come in without much match exposure esp if he has not even been playing reserve team football.

White Hot Lane against your most bitter rivals is not exactly the best place to introduce a fresh goalie.

Nevertheless, Ospina is an experienced International goalie and I do feel he is capable, good luck!!

to be honest, ospina is the least of our worries now.......... none of them is performing.... i read cech was at fault for the 2nd swansea goal......

Turbocharged
(edited)

apps him liao but he say pool office not enough armchairs to accommodate so many..... [laugh]

to be honest, ospina is the least of our worries now.......... none of them is performing.... i read cech was at fault for the 2nd swansea goal......

Tell Klopp I can sit on the sofa :D

I think Arsenal's slump coincided with the lost of Carzola and Wilshere, their ball playing CM. A position crucial to Arsenal's build up play imo

Edited by Osprey23

Turbocharged

banana was involved in all the 3 goals, including the 1st tai-ko shot from so far outside the area... Hart mis-read it and his positioning was really questionable.

when banana plays likes this, he looks every bit like the ex-saints captain which Pool forked out all of 25m pd for. The question is whether he can play consistently like this week in week out.

My issue with Lallana is his habit of taking extra touches on the ball and not releasing the ball in time. Work rate off the ball and commitment always been top notch.

If he can ditch his old habit, I can see him doing well under Klopp.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2