Why MRT don't have single Child concession ticket?

Vid

in australia, even their zoo is free for children under 12 years old!!

swiss standard of living wor, my foot!!!

Which zoo in Australia is free for 12 and under?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Just wanted to put some closing comments on this thread.

I did go to the ticket office to ask a couple of days ago. The answer was I CANNOT buy concession tickets for my children. Only children under 7 can buy. Over 7, they have to use their student passes.

Not a student in Singapore = no concession. MUST buy standard ticket.

Turbocharged

I did go to the ticket office to ask a couple of days ago. The answer was I CANNOT buy concession tickets for my children. Only children under 7 can buy. Over 7, they have to use their student passes.

Can understand why you think the system can be improved. The MRT system here does seem to cater only to SG children (over 7 to 15 yo) who are schooling and hence have a student pass. How about your case - Singaporeans residing overseas who come back to motherland. How about foreign families who visit us with young children in tow. Hah, too small a group to consider?

The MRT people probably only have this is mind ..... almost all/all children in SG attend schools ( extract below)

Compulsory School Age

According to the Compulsory Education Act, a child of ‘compulsory school age’ is one who is above the age of 6 years and who has not yet attained the age of 15 years.

A child of compulsory school age born after 1st January 1996, and who is citizen of Singapore residing in Singapore, has to attend a national primary school1 as a pupil regularly, unless he/she has been exempted from compulsory education, e.g. a child with special needs, a child attending a designated school, a child receiving home-schooling, (information on exemptions).

Penalty

According to the Compulsory Education Act (Cap 51), where a child fails to attend regularly as a pupil at a national primary school or a designated school/be home-schooled (where exemption is granted), the parent/guardian of the child may be guilty of an offence. The penalties provided in the Act for a person convicted for the offence are a fine not exceeding $5,000, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months, or to both.

Hypersonic

The Singapore system is never crafted to include outliers

😂

Hypersonic

Can understand why you think the system can be improved. The MRT system here does seem to cater only to SG children (over 7 to 15 yo) who are schooling and hence have a student pass. How about your case - Singaporeans residing overseas who come back to motherland. How about foreign families who visit us with young children in tow. Hah, too small a group to consider?

The MRT people probably only have this is mind ..... almost all/all children in SG attend schools ( extract below)

Compulsory School Age

According to the Compulsory Education Act, a child of ‘compulsory school age’ is one who is above the age of 6 years and who has not yet attained the age of 15 years.

A child of compulsory school age born after 1st January 1996, and who is citizen of Singapore residing in Singapore, has to attend a national primary school1 as a pupil regularly, unless he/she has been exempted from compulsory education, e.g. a child with special needs, a child attending a designated school, a child receiving home-schooling, (information on exemptions).

Penalty

According to the Compulsory Education Act (Cap 51), where a child fails to attend regularly as a pupil at a national primary school or a designated school/be home-schooled (where exemption is granted), the parent/guardian of the child may be guilty of an offence. The penalties provided in the Act for a person convicted for the offence are a fine not exceeding $5,000, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months, or to both.

I don't accept that point. Children are children and there should not be a line drawn just for Singapore's school-going children. There are foreigners who visit Singapore and nothing for them.

I mentioned earlier before, transports in almost everywhere else in the world would have concession for children, be it locals or foreigners.

How much can SMRT earn from not giving concession to non-local school-going children? Neither do I accept the point that enforcement is an issue.

All these are just excuses [smash][laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

The Singapore system is never crafted to include outliers

😂

Humbug [laugh] [laugh]

Not fair you know... I still pay tax in Singapore <_<

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I don't accept that point. Children are children and there should not be a line drawn just for Singapore's school-going children. There are foreigners who visit Singapore and nothing for them.

I mentioned earlier before, transports in almost everywhere else in the world would have concession for children, be it locals or foreigners.

How much can SMRT earn from not giving concession to non-local school-going children? Neither do I accept the point that enforcement is an issue.

All these are just excuses [smash][laugh] [laugh]

SMRT still has some stat board DNA when it comes to exceptions like this.

Humbug [laugh] [laugh]

Not fair you know... I still pay tax in Singapore <_<

Ok. Next year, you can post in this thread again.

Hypersonic

SMRT still has some stat board DNA when it comes to exceptions like this.

Ok. Next year, you can post in this thread again.

Ok... next year I complaint again [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1