Why MRT don't have single Child concession ticket?

Vid

Actually I didn't know it's so troublesome to get a card for kids

Hee hee, any idea what's the rationale for not allowing children fare ticket to be purchased over the ksiok?

I think have cases of adults using children's card to take trains . . . .that's why got SMRT staff manning the gates at times, especially peak hours.

by the time you go out....most of SG population sleep liao lar.....where got worry to queue wan!

I lazy to fly lah . . . and if bump into horny female bats damn jialat [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Yah not even 3 years old exceed 90cm le...

my girl 18mths 90+cm tall liao leh..

[laugh] ok, she hasnot taken public yet.. maybe buses 2x..

Hypersonic

Meaning it's a go if the kids are not around???

the things people do to get a ride on an //M

:D

Supersonic

"What's wrong with charging more?"

Can you tell me the source of this quote (I presume it has something to do with a similar quote, "What's wrong with making more money"?).

I've seen it around many times but never did find out the source.

Can you tell me the source of this quote (I presume it has something to do with a similar quote, "What's wrong with making more money"?).

None other than Mr LKY himself.

• Praise 4

Ngiam, Tong Dow, 2006. A Mandarin and the Making of Public Policy: Reflections by Ngiam Tong Dow

Go transit link office quote both her's and your Bc /IC number, get her a transit link card. She can travel free until April of the year she P1.

I think have cases of adults using children's card to take trains . . . .that's why got SMRT staff manning the gates at times, especially peak hours.

I lazy to fly lah . . . and if bump into horny female bats damn jialat [sweatdrop]

If not wrong, concessionary rate and normal rate light up different colored light when you tap your card. So if want to cheat, they might confiscate your concession card and maybe void your concession rights, who knows.

Nowadays the stations are very lightly staffed and I believe it is the cost factor. This is not a bad idea as most developed countries have lightly staffed stations so everything is automated, except we have a lot of commuters throughout the day. Sometimes I wish they were more to direct traffic, supervise safety and get people to queue up especially during peak hours.

You very long never take mrt during peak hours right?

Wah, that's quite fast my daughter 2yrs plus is 87cm.

Now then realised kids below 7 takes MRT for free.

Back to Singapore for 2 days. Took my children to take the MRT. To my surprised and horror, I can't buy stored value concession tickets for them because only Singapore students can buy or children under 7 + under 0.9m can buy. If I want to buy, have to go to transit link ticket office (which not all stations has) with their passports to apply.

Then I went to those ticket machines to buy single trip. Another BIG shock next. There is NO children ticket to buy. All standard fare.

WTF is that? I have NEVER travelled to a place where there is NO concession ticket for children. Why is Singapore transport like that? <_<[mad]:a-t9412:

So until now, I haven't got my children the tickets because the ticket office when I passed by was not opened. Only open after 12pm and then close sometime midday and open a few hours next. :TT_TT:

Just ranting... Not a major issue but don't think it's fair for tourists. And my children are Singaporeans.... End up I take taxi better since they are charged adult fares.

Spore style - anyone shorter than 0.9m rides for free. So they at least compliment short people and babies.

Anything else is raiding their reserves !

In Sg, everyone is assumed to be cheater until proven otherwise. That's why everything must be verified.

When i was in HK 2 yrs ago, i was surprised that LRT in NT has no gantry and no staff on platform.

Did not know there is no children concession ticket. So if have not started school, children is free travel?

But I think even australia must have student card if want to use concession, but all station can buy the ticket.

in australia, even their zoo is free for children under 12 years old!!

swiss standard of living wor, my foot!!!

Go transit link office quote both her's and your Bc /IC number, get her a transit link card. She can travel free until April of the year she P1.

If not wrong, concessionary rate and normal rate light up different colored light when you tap your card. So if want to cheat, they might confiscate your concession card and maybe void your concession rights, who knows.

Ok. Gsmm. Then I can give her e ex link card in her pouch to carry

(edited)

In Sg, everyone is assumed to be cheater until proven otherwise. That's why everything must be verified.

When i was in HK 2 yrs ago, i was surprised that LRT in NT has no gantry and no staff on platform.

Says a lot about our culture doesn't it?

Edited by Benarsenal
↡ Advertisement