Why MRT don't have single Child concession ticket?

Vid

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILD IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE CARD?

If your child is above 0.9m in height, below 7 years old and not in Primary School, you may apply for a Child Concession Card. The card will be valid for use till 30 April of the year the child turns 7 years old.

All children up to 0.9m in height and accompanied by a fare-paying commuter will travel for free from 6 April 2014.

child_pix1.png

OH THAT'S NICE! BUT HOW DO I APPLY FOR ONE?

If your child is a Singapore Citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident, simply click here to download the form. Then submit the completed forms to any TransitLink Ticket Office with the child's details such as full name, Birth Certificate Number and date of birth. The parent or proxy making the purchase is required to produce his/her NRIC.

If your child is a non-Singapore Citizen or non-Singapore Permanent Resident, remember to bring along your child's Passport (photocopy or original is accepted) when purchasing the Child Concession Card.

The card will be encoded with the child's name, Birth Certificate/Passport number, date of birth and expiry date of the card. Each eligible child is entitled to purchase one Child Concession Card.

WHAT IF I WANT TO TOP-UP THE CARD?

As children under 7 years old can travel for free on basic bus services, express bus services and trains from 6 April 2014, it is not compulsory to top-up the card.

However, you will need to do so if your child travels on Premium bus services and NightRider services.

All you have to do is visit any TransitLink Ticket Office to top-up the card. The minimum amount for top-up is $5. Top-up is in multiples of $5.

Apart from the Ticket Office, you may use the Add Value Machines (AVM+) or General Ticketing Machines (GTMs) in MRT stations and bus interchanges to top-up your card by cash or NETS. When paying by cash for a top-up at the GTM, please use exact amount in notes as the GTM does not accept coins or issue change. The AVM+ only accepts transactions via NETS.

good info👍👍👍👍.....implemented last yr!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Back to Singapore for 2 days. Took my children to take the MRT. To my surprised and horror, I can't buy stored value concession tickets for them because only Singapore students can buy or children under 7 + under 0.9m can buy. If I want to buy, have to go to transit link ticket office (which not all stations has) with their passports to apply.

Then I went to those ticket machines to buy single trip. Another BIG shock next. There is NO children ticket to buy. All standard fare.

WTF is that? I have NEVER travelled to a place where there is NO concession ticket for children. Why is Singapore transport like that? <_<[mad]:a-t9412:

So until now, I haven't got my children the tickets because the ticket office when I passed by was not opened. Only open after 12pm and then close sometime midday and open a few hours next. :TT_TT:

Just ranting... Not a major issue but don't think it's fair for tourists. And my children are Singaporeans.... End up I take taxi better since they are charged adult fares.

Welcome back, @Vid Bro :)

This is uniquely Singapore, where the selected few scholars implement things at their own thoughts without thinking at the ground levels...

• Praise 2

Back to Singapore for 2 days. Took my children to take the MRT. To my surprised and horror, I can't buy stored value concession tickets for them because only Singapore students can buy or children under 7 + under 0.9m can buy. If I want to buy, have to go to transit link ticket office (which not all stations has) with their passports to apply.

Then I went to those ticket machines to buy single trip. Another BIG shock next. There is NO children ticket to buy. All standard fare.

WTF is that? I have NEVER travelled to a place where there is NO concession ticket for children. Why is Singapore transport like that? <_<[mad]:a-t9412:

So until now, I haven't got my children the tickets because the ticket office when I passed by was not opened. Only open after 12pm and then close sometime midday and open a few hours next. :TT_TT:

Just ranting... Not a major issue but don't think it's fair for tourists. And my children are Singaporeans.... End up I take taxi better since they are charged adult fares.

y u n ocall ur bf @porker...he will ride you...i mean give u a ride...

try uber next

maybe can get an amg to pick you up

:D

elite scholar rationale

make it troublesome so that peasants give up and they can earn more $

Think our resident BMW fanboy used Uber Exec and got picked up in 520d?

okay okay . . . can avoid the queue is best ^_^

by the time you go out....most of SG population sleep liao lar.....where got worry to queue wan!

Supercharged

A hard ride............. :grin:

try uber next

maybe can get an amg to pick you up

elite scholar rationale

make it troublesome so that peasants give up and they can earn more $

Ya......silly la......this is public transport wor.....

No wonder so many people complain n complain about our transport system

Can't they hire smarter people who knows how to buy people's heart so that people pay willingly

Obviously not smart enough these scholars

• Praise 1

Actually I didn't know it's so troublesome to get a card for kids

Hee hee, any idea what's the rationale for not allowing children fare ticket to be purchased over the ksiok?

by 7 they go to school, the student card is also an ezlink card.

Twincharged

Yah not even 3 years old exceed 90cm le...

In their website only children under the height of 0.9m travel for free provided he/she is accompanied with a fare paying adult. Very specific.

Unless the child is extremely undernourished, where got children 4-6yo is still under 0.9m height?

by 7 they go to school, the student card is also an ezlink card.

Orr...i see...so the student card got multiple uses

Make sense

But if forget student card then should also allow children fare?

Singaporeans are growing physically faster and bigger than our neighbors

Kids are well taken care of here

• Praise 1

Orr...i see...so the student card got multiple uses

Make sense

But if forget student card then should also allow children fare?

Singaporeans are growing physically faster and bigger than our neighbors

Kids are well taken care of here

u mean China no meh? [laugh]

Turbocharged

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILD IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE CARD?

If your child is above 0.9m in height, below 7 years old and not in Primary School, you may apply for a Child Concession Card. The card will be valid for use till 30 April of the year the child turns 7 years old.

All children up to 0.9m in height and accompanied by a fare-paying commuter will travel for free from 6 April 2014.

child_pix1.png

OH THAT'S NICE! BUT HOW DO I APPLY FOR ONE?

If your child is a Singapore Citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident, simply click here to download the form. Then submit the completed forms to any TransitLink Ticket Office with the child's details such as full name, Birth Certificate Number and date of birth. The parent or proxy making the purchase is required to produce his/her NRIC.

If your child is a non-Singapore Citizen or non-Singapore Permanent Resident, remember to bring along your child's Passport (photocopy or original is accepted) when purchasing the Child Concession Card.

The card will be encoded with the child's name, Birth Certificate/Passport number, date of birth and expiry date of the card. Each eligible child is entitled to purchase one Child Concession Card.

WHAT IF I WANT TO TOP-UP THE CARD?

As children under 7 years old can travel for free on basic bus services, express bus services and trains from 6 April 2014, it is not compulsory to top-up the card.

However, you will need to do so if your child travels on Premium bus services and NightRider services.

All you have to do is visit any TransitLink Ticket Office to top-up the card. The minimum amount for top-up is $5. Top-up is in multiples of $5.

Apart from the Ticket Office, you may use the Add Value Machines (AVM+) or General Ticketing Machines (GTMs) in MRT stations and bus interchanges to top-up your card by cash or NETS. When paying by cash for a top-up at the GTM, please use exact amount in notes as the GTM does not accept coins or issue change. The AVM+ only accepts transactions via NETS.

Mod kindly put up link for you liao. Remember to apply hor. Forward planning.

Otherwise next July, this thread kenna resurrected.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Not in front of the children lah :XD: :XD:

• Praise 1

u mean China no meh? [laugh]

Hee hee.....that's y SG guys like foreign brides mah....all slim slim one

Then hor....china only 1 child for most, can slim down easily

SG encourage many babies, hard to slim down le

But recently, saw many aunties can dance Zumba super well le, so SG men still got hope la

Kiddos also bigger than other Asian kids

SG hard to buy china size clothes, buy US clothes sure good

Hee hee

Happy Thursday morning!

7 and 10? then yr kids should have the MOE school smartcard liao......

Many of this age group probably are fetched by school bus.

So the smart card is like transit link card? Can top up cash at the LRT/MRT but deduction at gantry will be kids rate?

Many of this age group probably are fetched by school bus.

So the smart card is like transit link card? Can top up cash at the LRT/MRT but deduction at gantry will be kids rate?

yes

↡ Advertisement