Pump partially diesel instead of petrol into my car

JX83

Supercharged

Sometimes its good to let the pump attendant do the job. They are experienced enough (I presume) to know which type of oil is for your car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

TS, actually I don't understand why you want to post here to ask.

You already made up your mind that the diesel is diluted enough by your 42L of petrol.

In before TS coming back to say his car no problem after 500km.

• Praise 5

Sometimes its good to let the pump attendant do the job. They are experienced enough (I presume) to know which type of oil is for your car.

Sorry hor my petrol taxi every time want to fill up all the pump attendant will assume it's diesel.So every time I have to tell them it's petrol or pump myself.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Unfortunately, those stations I frequented, don't have certified master pumpers.

Usually, I shoo them away asking them to take a good rest and I DIY or I insert the desired pump gun, then tell them to pump.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Sorry hor my petrol taxi every time want to fill up all the pump attendant will assume it's diesel.So every time I have to tell them it's petrol or pump myself.

Yours is a Sonata ?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Unfortunately, those stations I frequented, don't have certified master pumpers.

Usually, I shoo them away asking them to take a good rest and I DIY or I insert the desired pump gun, then tell them to pump.

I pump exxon with their EM branded credit card so I can make payment without going into the store.

In this case, pumping myself is much easier since I have to be around there anyway.

• Praise 1

What happen if I accidentally pump about 9L of diesel into my tank but after that I pump about 42L of petrol to dilute it? I got distracted and luckily the pump attendant came and stop the pumping immediately if not I think my whole car will be full diesel.. Sighzzz... Hope nothing happen.. :(

How you manage to pump diesel into your car? The diesel nozzle is larger than your fuel hole.

Some years ago, my colleague drove the company petrol van to the petrol station and tried to pump diesel. He then realised it can't fit. The "kind" petrol pump attendant lent him a funnel to do the job. Maybe both of you met the same guy?

Anyway, he pumped $20 worth of diesel. After he realised he can't start, he topped up full with petrol. Vehicle has no problem till now.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

OH...I didn't know the diesel noozle is bigger than the petrol's. Cos self never pump diesel before.... Tot all were the same size or diameter.

Now I know. [:)]

Hypersonic

OH...I didn't know the diesel noozle is bigger than the petrol's. Cos self never pump diesel before.... Tot all were the same size or diameter.

Now I know. [:)]

Its a safety feature the pumps have to prevent wrong fuel going in

I too think just drain the $100 worth of combo cocktail fuel you have than sending it to workshop later on for clearing other stuff

(maybe with the drained fuel you can use it for cleaning other things in your house like stubborn stains- I've done it!)

I too think just drain the $100 worth of combo cocktail fuel you have than sending it to workshop later on for clearing other stuff

(maybe with the drained fuel you can use it for cleaning other things in your house like stubborn stains- I've done it!)

in fact i'm wondering how can the diesel nozzle go into your aspirated car??

• Praise 1

How you manage to pump diesel into your car? The diesel nozzle is larger than your fuel hole.

Some years ago, my colleague drove the company petrol van to the petrol station and tried to pump diesel. He then realised it can't fit. The "kind" petrol pump attendant lent him a funnel to do the job. Maybe both of you met the same guy?

Anyway, he pumped $20 worth of diesel. After he realised he can't start, he topped up full with petrol. Vehicle has no problem till now.

Ya same as u always thought diesel nozzle can't insert in.. When distraction hits me jus take the nozzle and start to pump..

Anyway doing my servicing now.. Told the mechanics about it, he told me not to worry no need pump out.. Later I will buy 1 bottle of additive to add it in.. Thanks all..

in fact i'm wondering how can the diesel nozzle go into your aspirated car??

Ya I was wth how come the diesel nozzle can insert in..

I only pump about $13 diesel so about 9L in and the rest 49L petrol dilute in..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Ya same as u always thought diesel nozzle can't insert in.. When distraction hits me jus take the nozzle and start to pump..

Anyway doing my servicing now.. Told the mechanics about it, he told me not to worry no need pump out.. Later I will buy 1 bottle of additive to add it in.. Thanks all..

Ya I was wth how come the diesel nozzle can insert in..

I only pump about $13 diesel so about 9L in and the rest 49L petrol dilute in..

Maybe your car has a bigger (than usual) petrol hole ?

What car is it, anyway ?

Maybe your car has a bigger (than usual) petrol hole ?

What car is it, anyway ?

Bro driving an accord..

Ya I saw most website will give that answer but I already start my car and move off and travel a bit.. thought should be ok since only 9 litres of diesel.. 42litres of petrol dilute in.. or should I go to the workshop and let them have a look tomorrow? Or monitor 1st..

because diesel density higher than petrol, so diesel sunk to bottom of fuel tank, your car fuel pump now is sucking top layer petrol to your engine, so you felt no abnormal, quickly rush to workshop and drain all fuel empty and wash, otherwise once the fuel pump suck to diesel, your engine gone, overhaul at least cost few thousands subject to different car models

• Praise 2

because diesel density higher than petrol, so diesel sunk to bottom of fuel tank, your car fuel pump now is sucking top layer petrol to your engine, so you felt no abnormal, quickly rush to workshop and drain all fuel empty and wash, otherwise once the fuel pump suck to diesel, your engine gone, overhaul at least cost few thousands subject to different car models

TS, as above suggested before reaching the point that your car need a tow.

↡ Advertisement