Donald Trump US President: The next 4 years

Jman888

He won't force all MNCs to move back per se.

I think his idea is to raise tax on those goods when MNCs moved their manufacturing offshore (esp China) to manufacture and then re-export it back to sell to Americans. In that way, it will disincentivize certain MNCs from continuing and/or equalize local manufacturing; and stop further job losses.

Ford, for example, moved their manufacturing to Mexico, and then re-export it back to USA, will suddently find themselves with heavy tax and no longer an incentive to continue manufacturing in Mexico, unless they are exporting it to the world.

For those MNCs selling to the world market, it probably won't affect their operation.

So, iphones will probably be cheaper to buy outside of USA than inside it.

Plenty of US based multinationals have been calling for an amnesty to bring back their vast earning that they've held abroad for many years...

Just Apple, Google and Microsoft alone have almost US$ 400b in earning outside. A simple and easy plan is to let them bring that money into the US at say a 10% tax rate... and further rebates if they invested in factories there.

I think many will jump for such a plan.

But can't completely close oneself from the global supply chain. He can wish that the manufacturing/assembling of iDevices is back in the US... but to make the chips... these devices also need rare earth minerals... and 90% of the rare earth minerals are mined in China.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

dont want lar my chinese half pass six 1ðð

With the number of long hair dictionaries you have, that would be the least of your worry . Ha ha ha
  • Praise 4

He won't force all MNCs to move back per se.

I think his idea is to raise tax on those goods when MNCs moved their manufacturing offshore (esp China) to manufacture and then re-export it back to sell to Americans. In that way, it will disincentivize certain MNCs from continuing and/or equalize local manufacturing; and stop further job losses.

Ford, for example, moved their manufacturing to Mexico, and then re-export it back to USA, will suddently find themselves with heavy tax and no longer an incentive to continue manufacturing in Mexico, unless they are exporting it to the world.

For those MNCs selling to the world market, it probably won't affect their operation.

So, iphones will probably be cheaper to buy outside of USA than inside it.

Yes, but can Americans accept the fact that when they wake up one day, all the China made goods are now more expensive by XX%? (depending on his tax rate on China goods). And assuming the MNCs now really manufacture in US instead of China, they will still have to raise prices of those goods since the American labor cost is high and the need to ship in raw materials to US.

dont think too much of the president of usa. what was said during election and what happen after that he learn from philippine already.

anyway, usa has more to lose by closing their door.

• Praise 2

Yes, but can Americans accept the fact that when they wake up one day, all the China made goods are now more expensive by XX%? (depending on his tax rate on China goods). And assuming the MNCs now really manufacture in US instead of China, they will still have to raise prices of those goods since the American labor cost is high and the need to ship in raw materials to US.

Well, they voted for it now.

And you'd be surprised a large number of Americans are patriotic and prefer to buy made in America and willing to pay more.

But of cuz most purchases are driven by low pricing. Why pay more ?

But if you tax a chinese made hammer heavily and it comes in and cost about half the price of American made one (with supposedly higher quality), people may just pay a bit more for quality. But without that tax, that chinese hammer cost 1/10th the price, then most people will go for it.

Raw material is probably not the issue here, but finished goods.

They'd rather let the chinamen risked their lives in coal mines, lithium mines, whatever.

the world has change.............politically correct is out.............hypocritical Mr self righteous is out..............ppl are tired of all these mask wearing and righteous behaviors.................ppl want to see a real person..................and a real person makes mistakes...............

just like this demon...........i cant write properly.............i always spoil the keyboard.............I am damn bloody tiko.............and i refused to even stand for mod election....................but that does not necessary mean I am all bad and stupid................or that I dont love MCF............ [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

There are actually many businesses who are keen to "made in USA"...............but there have no choice to follow because everyone was doing it..............dont do it and go out of business because of cost............but if businesses starts to flow back............there are many willing to and happy to do it.............

after all.............if you have a job and things cost a bit more vs having cheap things but out of a job................even how cheap if no money to buy also no use........... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

The reason Hillary lost is because

the young people didn't vote for her because she is not young

and the black people didn't vote for her because she is not black

like they did for Obama. Only the Latinos voted for her because

they didn't want the wall. It was really a close call for my fiend Donald. 

:D

Wow!!!!! Never seen @jamesc so active One .... not even Najib one too ..... like every 3rd or 4th post he masuk (enter)  in........ [:p]  

Next change ..... Akan Datang

post-157298-0-46899500-1478690200.jpeg

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 9

Perhaps the world needs to take a break from Obama/Clinton - there is a bit too much legacy and negativity; for one, Putin and Russia are hopeful that they can turn a new page on US-Russian relations. If Trump follows through and brings manufacturing back to the US, it will diminish China's status as the world's factory.

Even though everyone is freaking out about Trump, I doubt he would start WW3, it is bad for business. It's not as though the US has been very peaceful, what with Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and other low intensity conflicts being the constant undercurrent of the past decade and a half. If Trump brings the US down from the sole remaining superpower, that is not necessarily a bad thing either.

• Praise 5

Wow!!!!! Never seen @jamesc so active One .... not even Najib one too ..... like every 3rd or 4th post he masuk (enter)  in........ [:p]  

Now jamesc has a New Bestie ! Najib can stand one side  :D

• Praise 11

I am supporting my new best fiend.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

South Korea does not need my fiend to defend them.

They collected back millions of Note 7 right?

Just bury them at the DMZ. Every time a North Korean

soldier cross the DMZ and steps on one he will be blown

up. When your crotch is on fire the last thing on your mind

is invading your neighbour.

↡ Advertisement