John Paulson donates US$400mil to Harvard

Porker

Turbocharged

Lol our govt is too pragmatic.

Can open up every new road in singapore for public bidding. Why use such a silly name like MCE. Name the expressway after yourself!

[laugh]

Used to be just a library or wing is named after you.

Now can name hospital.

Next time name a whole new town after yourself. Name Terminal 4 after yourself lah.

Haha lots of branding opportunities.

Roads cannot lah. Tio slap cos every year collect so much from ERP and road tax 😂 Somemore roads technically serve only a % of the population 😂😂😂

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Roads cannot lah. Tio slap cos every year collect so much from ERP and road tax 😂 Somemore roads technically serve only a % of the population 😂😂😂

Porker Road. Get in taxi... "Unker... wa ke por ker lod" [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

Porker Road. Get in taxi... "Unker... wa ke por ker lod" [laugh] [laugh]

Better than you go Holland Road 😂 😂 😂

Turbocharged

i agree too

public amentities and national landmarks should not be named after individuals who only donate money...

they should only be named, if neccessary, after individuals who have made significant contributions to the society, eg our pioneers...

Eu Tong Sen Street or Tan Tock Seng Hospital are some of the examples

if not, next time if some billionaires donate hundreds of millions to HDB or LTA, they going to name some blocks of public flats or an expressway after him?

In SG, i don't understand the double standards for public facilities

OCBC want to name the national stadium, reject.

Public hospital built at cost 1 billion+ dollars to tax payers but pte donor pay 100 mil can name the hospital NTFGH or KTPH.

Medical school 100+ years history, donate money, rename the whole school to his name.

U want to build a private school and name it whatever u want, go ahead. But these are still largely public funded buildings or institutions.

Lol no one just want a library named after them anymore.

• Praise 1

sounds like there is nothing that money cannot buy ... hehe

i agree too

public amentities and national landmarks should not be named after individuals who only donate money...

they should only be named, if neccessary, after individuals who have made significant contributions to the society, eg our pioneers...

Eu Tong Sen Street or Tan Tock Seng Hospital are some of the examples

if not, next time if some billionaires donate hundreds of millions to HDB or LTA, they going to name some blocks of public flats or an expressway after him?

Hypersonic

sounds like there is nothing that money cannot buy ... hehe

I think it gives the perception of nothing u can't buy with money.

In primary school, we learnt Tan Tock Seng built the first hospital in SG as a charitable mission.

Imagine our kids go to pri sch next time, they ask who is Khoo Teck Puat and Ng Teng Fong... Oh just rich guys who donated some money but taxpayers still paid the bulk... Oh ok... clear message received.

Hypersonic

Anyway, harvard really a lot of $. 36 billion

On a side note, anyone ever donated to their alma mater? In a big contribution (say more than $500?)

Haha other than just buying funfair tickets or the usual donation card?

In SG, i don't understand the double standards for public facilities

OCBC want to name the national stadium, reject.

Public hospital built at cost 1 billion+ dollars to tax payers but pte donor pay 100 mil can name the hospital NTFGH or KTPH.

Medical school 100+ years history, donate money, rename the whole school to his name.

U want to build a private school and name it whatever u want, go ahead. But these are still largely public funded buildings or institutions.

Lol no one just want a library named after them anymore.I

I concur.... that is not right at all.... the gov is sending wrong message to our offspring.... whatever the amount of donation is, is not meant as bribe to have your name be cast in stone in some building or whatever.... Those name of true benefactor (LKY, TTS, etc) is.

(edited)

so many people dying of starvation and the money goes to build more badminton court in harvey norman....haiz :we-all-gonna-die:

Edited by Hamburger
↡ Advertisement