Taiwan: Car Rental (Taipei)

BabyBlade

Do you see a lot of China tourists in Sun Moon Lake?

Nope, not much at all.

But bus loads of them at Qing Jing Farm and Taroko National Park.

Been driving three days and realised that there are lots of road hogs here.

Nope, not much at all.

But bus loads of them at Qing Jing Farm and Taroko National Park.

Been driving three days and realised that there are lots of road hogs here.

Your rental Wish must be making you wish to drive your A6 there so can overtake easily Edited by Tohto

Ya. Just now up the mountain, tried to overtake coach and cement truck, the 2.0 Wish bo lat one. Struggling, lack of turbo. Totally very different drive. But no choice lah. Audi over here pretty rare too.

Oh ya, just now at the mountain, was struck for 20mins. Land slide. They were clearing the rocks from the road.

After driving conti turbo, there is no more U-turn for Japanese car without turbo.

Back from Taiwan. HoTai car rental, highly recommended. Cheapest among all and allow return at different place. I collected at Taichung and returned in Taipei.

Only thing is when renting, need to email them and communicate thru email. Their website form does not work. Have to fill in the form which is in mandarin, then scan and email it back to them with your credit card info. A bit sceptical at first but it all turns out well for me.

Drove the 2.0L Wish all the way to the top of Taroko National Park. The roads up there is mostly single lane shared by both direction vehicles!!! And driving in the clouds was a first for me. Then have to wait for them to clear landslide and road works. What an experience, great thou.

Last time, before all this AirBnB and internet booking. I also rented from a local farm stay and car rental company. Book by phone and pay deposit via T/T from local branch of Taiwanese bank. [laugh] [laugh] It's purely based on trust. For some, the second time I book with them no need any deposit because they already know and trust me.

the mingsu i stayed at DaXi didn't pay deposit, all based on trust. I arrived late in the evening but the owner message me not to rush (they dun stay in that place), they installed a digital lock few days before my arrival and message me the code to enter the apartment, and i just need to leave the money on the table when i leave the place next day  [laugh]  [laugh]

The toll in Taiwan is pretty cheap too. I paid a total of NT$250 for toll, about SGD11 only.

Start odometer

post-2654-0-25127300-1551695907_thumb.jpg

Returned odometer

post-2654-0-66472500-1551695968_thumb.jpg

First fuel top up

post-2654-0-98461600-1551696141_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-43252600-1551696197_thumb.jpg

Second and final top up

post-2654-0-70105900-1551696244_thumb.jpg

Give me some time, i collate the photos and in-car camera to start a thread for my road trip in Taiwan. Also brought my drone there to fly.

Oh ya. And i took Uber in Taipei. Driver service sibei good, very service orientated. Lots of cars available. Very fast too.

Just in case you dont wish to rent a car, can Uber around.

Oh ya. And i took Uber in Taipei. Driver service sibei good, very service orientated. Lots of cars available. Very fast too.

lol taipei anywhere, u throw one stone can hit a cab.  [laugh]

lol taipei anywhere, u throw one stone can hit a cab.  [laugh]

Hypersonic

The toll in Taiwan is pretty cheap too. I paid a total of NT$250 for toll, about SGD11 only.

Start odometer

attachicon.gif20190223_090704.jpg

Returned odometer

attachicon.gif20190226_204724.jpg

First fuel top up

attachicon.gif20190224_104059.jpg

attachicon.gif20190224_104052.jpg

Second and final top up

attachicon.gif20190226_182058.jpg

Give me some time, i collate the photos and in-car camera to start a thread for my road trip in Taiwan. Also brought my drone there to fly.

Where you drive ? Around the central, not much toll (e.g. Highway 6) ... but near Taipei there are a lot of tolls (e.g. Highway 1). But relatively inexpensive compared with say, Japan and Korea.

From Taichung to Taipei thru Taroko National Park. Lots of their version of ERP and speed cameras!!! The highway police are driving BMW 3 series and always hidding at freeway entrance chevron, same as US.

lol taipei anywhere, u throw one stone can hit a cab. [laugh]

Was in small lorong, away from main road. Old folks lazy to walk out so I call Uber.

Was in small lorong, away from main road. Old folks lazy to walk out so I call Uber.ð

their uber not cheap, fare is about the same as taxi meter.

Just came back from Taiwan and rented car for 7 days

Drove from 

Kaohsiung Airport to Chiayi city to Alishan to Sun Moon Lake to Cingjing to Tainan and back to Kaohsiung.

Pros

1. Travelling inter-city is so easy. Easy to drive except for busy cities.

2. Save time, effort and money. No need to carry heavy luggage up and down public transport. Kaohsiung taxis actually rejected us because we have 2 adults and 3 young kids. waited 10-12min before one agreed to take us to the hotel. 

3. Can travel and change itinerary anytime. No heartache when it rains. Heartache meaning expensive amounts paid to drivers.

Cons

1. I scratched the car on the first day at Chiayi city because a street i was travelling was narrow and a motorcycle was blocking me. Thankfully able to clean off with some car wax.

2. I am alright with driving but it can be tiring if you are the only one driving. However, way more relaxed compared to driving to Ipoh and further. I didnt drive more than 3 hours a day during the trip.

3. Can't think of the third one....lol

In summary, this is my 4th trip to Taiwan. Will drive from now onwards. 

Rented from Chailease from Kaohsiung Airport. 

They gave me a 40% off listed prices. 

Great service. 

That's all folks.

Drive safe. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Just came back from Taiwan and rented car for 7 days

Drove from

Kaohsiung Airport to Chiayi city to Alishan to Sun Moon Lake to Cingjing to Tainan and back to Kaohsiung.

Pros

1. Travelling inter-city is so easy. Easy to drive except for busy cities.

2. Save time, effort and money. No need to carry heavy luggage up and down public transport. Kaohsiung taxis actually rejected us because we have 2 adults and 3 young kids. waited 10-12min before one agreed to take us to the hotel.

3. Can travel and change itinerary anytime. No heartache when it rains. Heartache meaning expensive amounts paid to drivers.

Cons

1. I scratched the car on the first day at Chiayi city because a street i was travelling was narrow and a motorcycle was blocking me. Thankfully able to clean off with some car wax.

2. I am alright with driving but it can be tiring if you are the only one driving. However, way more relaxed compared to driving to Ipoh and further. I didnt drive more than 3 hours a day during the trip.

3. Can't think of the third one....lol

In summary, this is my 4th trip to Taiwan. Will drive from now onwards.

Rented from Chailease from Kaohsiung Airport.

They gave me a 40% off listed prices.

Great service.

That's all folks.

Drive safe.

What car you rent there?

What car you rent there?

Toyota Vios.

Just enough for 2 adults and 3 young kids.

2400 NTD before 40% discount

↡ Advertisement