2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi muser razor Glad to see ex bikers here. Currently on Street Glide.. Used to have Africa twin, kr 150, cbr400, fazer1, harley 48, xr4...

Cool razor MT9 is new bike model

Got 3 kids So was actually wanted a MPV. But hated the bulky and heavy mpv.. And sedans can't get any larger than Camry

So went test drive Sorento (too ex) , Outlander(interior sucks) , Outback(quite good safety but rear seats slope )

And love the spaciousness and all round view of Forester

Getting the turbo to satisfy the desire for more power

Hopefully I won't lag too much behind my frens Q5

↡ Advertisement

I think the late collection is a norm due to a lot of Subaru being sold. Heard from my SA that they see FXT and FNA until scared. LOL. I think all the bro here are also seeing a lot of FXT and FNA on the road.

Bro, can find Teresa Yeo @ 8206919. Not pushy also and I squeeze her dry for freebies. She is driving a rex and if you smoke, you got yourself a kaki. Cheers.

Thank bro

Can update the SE HP again.Thank

Thanks, you've actually made me feel better about not upgrading (or even knowing we can upgrade). You definitely have a point. But it also might be true that, all things remaining equal (you clean and condition regularly), better quality leather may look nice, stay supple, and resist cracking and abrasion, for longer than the standard leather. I guess we'll find out in a few years.

I wonder though. Standard MI leather from Leather Etc Pte Ltd comes with 4 free leather conditioning sessions, in addition to the 1 year warranty. So how many sessions come with the 4-year warranty? Care to share, @SJGDKK8?

Same warranty card saying 12 months warranty and 4 free service... SE said is 3 years warranty but sont see it written anywhere ... Guess after 1 yr I also Wun be bother anymore

(edited)

Quick check on forester..

1) whats the servicing interval like for fxt? 5k for turbo car and 10k for na?

2) whats the fc like for existing fxt owners

Side track on purchase price:

3) quite a number of bros posting their se gave them a good price for 8 bids non guaranteed (e.g. $ 104,800 vs mi list price of $109,800 for fna 8 bids ng).

Question: if coe is gg up, how is one gg to get the Coe if price is 5k below others who bought at higher price? Se can come back and ask one to top up if coe rises or if one still have not gottem the coe at 5 bids, could be a ploy by se? techincally, they can even offer at 100k 8 bids ng. Only if coe drops then will the purchaser get the car?

Tks

Edited by Speedz76

Neutral Newbie

Hi TurboForest, 

I have not join the facebook or any chat group. Whatsapp group admin is in this thread. but dunno who. 

I am not comfortable using WhatsApp Group as it will mean I will reveal my mobile number.

I prefer using Telegram which I can set username and share out user name instead.

Not sure if Group Admin can consider this option.

Neutral Newbie

Hi TurboForest, 

I have not join the facebook or any chat group. Whatsapp group admin is in this thread. but dunno who. 

Hi, just booked the XT at Suntec roadshow.  Like to join the chat gp as well.  Do PM me how to join.  Thx.

Turbocharged

Hi muser razor Glad to see ex bikers here. Currently on Street Glide.. Used to have Africa twin, kr 150, cbr400, fazer1, harley 48, xr4...

Got 3 kids So was actually wanted a MPV. But hated the bulky and heavy mpv.. And sedans can't get any larger than Camry

So went test drive Sorento (too ex) , Outlander(interior sucks) , Outback(quite good safety but rear seats slope )

I ride Vespa.. Does that count?

hahaha vespa is also a motorbike.. just that i find that it takes courage to ride vespa on singapore roads....

oh no....got post restrictions so cant post anything much liao...

some bros here say NG , also can get cars at 2nd or 3rd bid...

but with loan restrictions lifted... it may take some time for prices to normalised.... 

You're obviously a hardcore biker. I only had an XR2 and RS125 for a couple of years. Ran an Aprilia forum for a while too. My CO lost her sister in a car crash and made me promise never to get on two wheels again. I couldn't say no. My buddies are now riding a couple of Ducati Monsters, Fazers and VFRs. Can't say I don't miss it.

3 kids definitely puts you in MPV territory. I've got 2 kids but was considering an MPV too in order to have space for in-laws. But realised I couldn't afford an Odyssey or Estima and everything else was on the small side. Test-drove Carens. Too small. Sorento - great turbodiesel and seat width but too ex.

Interesting that you imply that you went the crossover/SUV route in search of more space than a sedan. SUVs definitely have way more headroom, boot space and roof rack options, along with versatile seats. But unless you go Sorento-class, I don't think they have more legroom than sedans. I bought my Legacy because it has more rear legroom than anything else Subaru sells, including its alter ego, the Outback. Plus, the rear seats aren't slanted and fit child seats securely. Almost went with a Sonata or K5 instead, and those have even more room and seat width. Of course, there's no arguing with the FXT's turbo. One hell of a bang-for-buck powerplant. Sometimes, I still question my sanity for choosing a 2.5 NA instead. But only sometimes.

Same warranty card saying 12 months warranty and 4 free service... SE said is 3 years warranty but sont see it written anywhere ... Guess after 1 yr I also Wun be bother anymore

I guess what matters most is the leather quality, and you're obviously happy with it. And the colour is just super swee. Gorgeous. Makes a big difference to how the cabin looks.

This version better.  [thumbsup] click on the color you like and choose "save" to your computer. 

You may print on sticker, 3R/4R PhotoPaper from Harvey Norman...etc. The main idea is to remind us on the tailgate. 

リヤゲート ( as from japanese website means"Rear Gate" ) 

I realise it is FNA on FXT rims. the front bumper, top rail and the door without chrome strip below. 

(edited)

as from sgcarmart photos, it show that FA2.0i-P  has the driver seat cooling and heating system and the F2.0XT  don't. Anyone can confirm? 

FNA confirm don't have any cooling or heating system - there are no buttons beside the X-mode buttons. 

You are right, it's on the pre-face lift FXT rim. Also the radio antenna is not sharkfin.  The Photos is from Subaru.ca. 

Sorry that is the best photo I can get. Can't find the real singapore 2016 photo on the web. 

You can grab the latest FN/FXT photos from the Japan Subaru site :)

Scroll down to near the bottom for the color picker.

http://www.subaru.jp/forester/forester/design/exterior.html

Edited by Icarus

this happen to my friend who bought a KIA K3 from C&C.

1. he signed up for 4bid NG.

2. during last bid on 18/5/16(2nd bid). About 3:30pm the SE called my friend asking him wanna top up $2K for guarantee COE?

3. my friend told the SE nevermind, if never get never mind just wait for 3rd and 4th bid.

4. after the COE result. the SE text my friend said that his COE is secured at $47,020 Cat A.

5. he is collecting the car next week.

So I think is on case to case. still confuse about the tactic of the SE on 4bid NG, 6 bid NG and 8bid NG!!

may be if buyer never nego and pay the listed price, then can get car on the following week. hahaha [laugh]

Just curious, what would happen if after all bids on Non-G COE still cannot get. Will they renegotiate the price?

Hypersonic

this happen to my friend who bought a KIA K3 from C&C.

1. he signed up for 4bid NG.

2. during last bid on 18/5/16(2nd bid). About 3:30pm the SE called my friend asking him wanna top up $2K for guarantee COE?

3. my friend told the SE nevermind, if never get never mind just wait for 3rd and 4th bid.

4. after the COE result. the SE text my friend said that his COE is secured at $47,020 Cat A.

5. he is collecting the car next week.

So I think is on case to case. still confuse about the tactic of the SE on 4bid NG, 6 bid NG and 8bid NG!!

may be if buyer never nego and pay the listed price, then can get car on the following week. hahaha [laugh]

All the sale with different COE pricing rule are set by MI. Not SE.

Managed to talked to any SE you find ok?

yeah.

found a nice lady. Jass Chan.

now trying to decide between forester and outback.

i find the turbo foresters have better drive but wifey likes the outback for the huge space and comfort. lol

just curious that the subbies don't come with navigation. almost all the other cars brands we test drove have this by default. i'm surprised.

↡ Advertisement