Mr Lee Kuan Yew wanted Oxley Road home demolished

Duckduck

Tang liang Hong talked too much pertaining to his purchased kena harrassed by ISA and had to run road to Australia.

Yep, made a bankrupt and self exiled to OZ.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

To understand LKY, one need think at his level both as a life-long pragmatist and an "Ultimate Realist" - a term which ex-minister George Yeo used to describe his ex-Boss.

And from Mr Lee himself ? He already said how he wanted to be remembered: 'I did my best.'

To me, no amount of monuments, films, books, pictures, airports or statues etc are going to replace his eternal spirit that has become part of Singapore and within everyone of us regardless of you love or loathe him.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/remembering-lee-kuan-yew-i-did-my-best-20150329

ST_20150329_LKYCHAPTER29P367_1187748e.jp

he still using CRT monitor!! [shocked]

on a lighter side, I wonder how much he had in his CPF a/c when he surrendered his IC? [laugh]

Hypersonic

If it's in his wishes, it should be demolished.

I think probably one of the coins/notes should be changed to commemorate him or maybe a new $20 note?

Beyond that, i think it's too much.

Not $20 note but $50.

"The late Mr Lee Kuan Yew will be on a $50 note that will be issued as part of a SG50 commemorative set of notes. It will feature a transparent panel showing Mr Lee with fist raised, leading the crowd with the rallying cry of “Merdeka!”. http://str.sg/Jv9"

Supercharged

he still using CRT monitor!! [shocked]

on a lighter side, I wonder how much he had in his CPF a/c when he surrendered his IC? [laugh]

I think the minister's wealth are classified as highly confidential. If not, LKY should be in top 10 of world richest man in Asia. No doubt

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I think the minister's wealth are classified as highly confidential. If not, LKY should be in top 10 of world richest man in Asia. No doubt

Sure? I thought there is no corruption in Singapore. Even if he earns $50m a year, he will only be $3b after 60 years. Not even top 5 in Singapore much less in Asia.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Sure? I thought there is no corruption in Singapore. Even if he earns $50m a year, he will only be $3b after 60 years. Not even top 5 in Singapore much less in Asia.

Yalor. I also don't think he is one of the top 10 in Asia.

Else he will be investigated by cpib. Lol.....

• Praise 1

PM Lee said lee wei ling will continue to stay in that house, so the house would not be demolished yet.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

PM Lee said lee wei ling will continue to stay in that house, so the house would not be demolished yet.

Yes, as long as she stays there, the house will not be torn down. So she should stay there for a long time [laugh] [laugh]

Anyway, the estate duty act had been abolished since 2008, so there no need any calculation of special tax or whatsoever....it is intact! <_<

Turbocharged

That's why I mentioned Lee Wei Ling can always stay at Nassim Jade. :D

Eh -

Question arrrrr

You think her jade gate had been stormed?

• Dislike 3

neutral party. Imagine if a policeman from one ethnic group in singapore has to shoot someone from another ethnic group! best if a neutral party guards the place.

Previously, yeah, this would probably spark racial riots or something similar. Right now, as long as it isn't hate crime, and it's a legit case, I don't think Singaporeans will riot along racial lines over a matter as such. We'll see it as a case of the policeman discharging his duty, instead of a *insert race* policeman shooting a *insert another race* civilian.

In any case, I'd say, respect LKY's wishes. It's his private residences, it should be up to his wishes on how it is taken care of / given away / demolished / after his death. Just imagine our own parents / grandparents. Should we not honour their wishes (within reason)?

Yes, it's part of history, but it's his personal history. It would have been different if he asked to tear down a public building after his death, but he didn't.

• Praise 3

50 million in 1990s can buy u an apple company

50 million could also make one skyscraper in 1980s and valued 300-400m today

50 million is my dream [grin]

• Praise 2

Late soeharto family has wealth of 29 billion usd...

what is happening among the siblings?

First they announce the stunning "demolish immediately"

By the end of the day, it became LWL will continue to stay there.....

• Praise 1

Nothing happening lah....

Just that LWL still need a roof, a comfortable roof to continue to stay lor...

Maybe when she is old, she will move into one of her Bros to stay, and then they will decide what to do with the house ...

• Praise 2

Talked so much then in the end just decide to keep the house. Waste of time. Next!

Let's talk about national issues in parliament rather than this.

↡ Advertisement