Nissan Qashqai vs Honda Vezel, which is better?

Leoeve

Have been seeing the word NA, what does that mean?

NA=Naturally Aspirated

A naturally aspirated engine is an internal combustion engine in which air intake depends solely on atmospheric pressure and which does not rely on forced induction through a turbocharger or a supercharger.

Concurred totally...and as long as qq costs more..the choice is obvious...

When I am coming to a stop at a traffic light and I see a QQ 1.2 in front of me, I will automatically switch to another lane coz I hate tagging behind a slow car that takes off from the traffic light at a tortoise pace. Edited by LPPL
↡ Advertisement

so give a vote.... Vezel or QQ ?

For reliability, greater hp and peace of mind, a vezel! Edited by LPPL

Vezel for peace of mind?!?!

Or you meant HRV?

When I mentioned peace of mind, it has to do with reliability. Stalling, loss of oil, loss of power and malfunctioning e-brake are problems associated with a QQ, buy at your own risk...

• Praise 1

Vezel for peace of mind?!?!

Or you meant HRV?

The car Vezel/hrv should be alright and gear toward so call peace of mind with regular maintenance. Is the process in obtaining the car that cause so much headaches to many. I always tried two distinguish these two factors.

The car Vezel/hrv should be alright and gear toward so call peace of mind with regular maintenance. Is the process in obtaining the car that cause so much headaches to many. I always tried two distinguish these two factors.

Vezel has its fair share of problems too. Seen in the Facebook groups that some encounter unusual electronics errors, dashboard flashing lights. Just recently saw someone had some gearbox error, and the PI workshop doesn't know how to fix it. I think the bulk of complains relate to the follow-up maintenance with PI workshops.

From my observations the issues with the HRV have been minor and largely solvable. Very few QC issues apart from that start stop one. And it doesn't stop the car from being used. However I must say the leather on certain parts doesn't look like it will last ten years. The QQ has a certain Conti feel, it drives well but the 1.2 is weak. From the main QQ thread you see buyers who buy it for less than the HRV, then spend 10k or more on all kinds of mods to make it go faster.

You might as well as it's Renault cousin instead. That has a Tdi.

Build is decent but perhaps one step behind the Japanese made HRV.

When I mentioned peace of mind, it has to do with reliability. Stalling, loss of oil, loss of power and malfunctioning e-brake are problems associated with a QQ, buy at your own risk...

LPPL

Bro, not sure how long you have been driving your QQ (i.e. presumably you own one since you speak with such confidence) but if you have encountered all the above issues, I feel your pain.  thankfully, been driving my QQ 1.2T since Jan 2015 (now already clocked more than 66,000km) and I haven't met with any "reliability" issues, e.g. stalling, loss of oil, power, etc.  I think it's pretty clear that for a car to clock more than 66,000km in less than 2 years, it must have been on the road a lot and spent little time in the workshop (i.e. apart from regular servicing)...right ?  So if it was that bad as you have said, I think my mileage would have been closer to 6,600km...haha

Since I actually do own one, think you can take it from me that while the QQ 1.2T may not be everyone's "dream car", it certainly is nowhere as bad as you made it out to be....haha... Then again, maybe I'm just lucky la.

After all, as some of the other bros here have said, the Vezel has also certainly had it's fair share of "imperfections"...so in the end...sama sama lah

Anyway, did not mean to post this as a direct response to you, but more as an assurance to the many who have bought (or may be thinking of getting), the QQ is certainly not a bad choice, you just got to know what you are looking for, that's all.

Bro LPPL, if I have offended you in any way thru this post, please accept my apologies....my bad...

Cheers

• Praise 5

LPPL

Bro, not sure how long you have been driving your QQ (i.e. presumably you own one since you speak with such confidence) but if you have encountered all the above issues, I feel your pain. thankfully, been driving my QQ 1.2T since Jan 2015 (now already clocked more than 66,000km) and I haven't met with any "reliability" issues, e.g. stalling, loss of oil, power, etc. I think it's pretty clear that for a car to clock more than 66,000km in less than 2 years, it must have been on the road a lot and spent little time in the workshop (i.e. apart from regular servicing)...right ? So if it was that bad as you have said, I think my mileage would have been closer to 6,600km...haha

Since I actually do own one, think you can take it from me that while the QQ 1.2T may not be everyone's "dream car", it certainly is nowhere as bad as you made it out to be....haha... Then again, maybe I'm just lucky la.

After all, as some of the other bros here have said, the Vezel has also certainly had it's fair share of "imperfections"...so in the end...sama sama lah

Anyway, did not mean to post this as a direct response to you, but more as an assurance to the many who have bought (or may be thinking of getting), the QQ is certainly not a bad choice, you just got to know what you are looking for, that's all.

Bro LPPL, if I have offended you in any way thru this post, please accept my apologies....my bad...

Cheers

If you haven't encountered issues, good for you, but again a car bought in Jan 2015 should not be having issues as it is considered quite new. You better pray hard that your e-brake doesn't malfunction when going up slopes (a problem encountered by QQ owner who shared in sgcarmart review) and your engine doesn't suddenly packs up on you when you are speeding on the first lane. My apologies if I have offended you, but again I am not really directing the post at you, but moreso to warn others who are thinking of throwing their money on a QQ.

If you haven't encountered issues, good for you, but again a car bought in Jan 2015 should not be having issues as it is considered quite new. You better pray hard that your e-brake doesn't malfunction when going up slopes (a problem encountered by QQ owner who shared in sgcarmart review) and your engine doesn't suddenly packs up on you when you are speeding on the first lane. My apologies if I have offended you, but again I am not really directing the post at you, but moreso to warn others who are thinking of throwing their money on a QQ.

Bro

of coz no offence taken..haha... all are here just to share opinions... will keep your words in mind and will remember to pray that these things don't happen to me the next time I go church on this Sunday....  Anyway, God has been good to me so far so I think I'll be fine...thanks.

As for throwing money...aiya...if ppl got money and wanna throw it at a car, it's ok la...be it QQ or Vezel.... there'll equally be ppl who think buying a Vezel is throwing money away also.... to each his own lor....

Anyway, will keep your advice in mind, esp'ly if I happen to encounter problems with my QQ and choose to sell it off and buy a Vezel....thanks..

Cheers bro

• Praise 1

Vezel many uber car leh, damn sian when some sotong mistaken your car as their booking then try to open your car door when you park at the roadside especally in Raffles Place.

Raffles place? Ok.will go and see any pretty OL open my door. Edited by Kopites

I'm always happy when a car I drive gets used by driving centres or taxi companies coz I know it is reliable :-)

Expected someone will have such reply. Well good for you to have such thought, I'm too narrow minded so totally can't put myself driving any of these models. Shame on me [laugh]

• Praise 2

Expected someone will have such reply. Well good for you to have such thought, I'm too narrow minded so totally can't put myself driving any of these models. Shame on me [laugh]

It's ok lah, it is normal human behaviour to put aesthetics before anything else. I used not to cherish the word 'reliability' until problems arise. I have since learnt never to take reliability for granted. Edited by LPPL

LPPL

Bro, not sure how long you have been driving your QQ (i.e. presumably you own one since you speak with such confidence) but if you have encountered all the above issues, I feel your pain. thankfully, been driving my QQ 1.2T since Jan 2015 (now already clocked more than 66,000km) and I haven't met with any "reliability" issues, e.g. stalling, loss of oil, power, etc. I think it's pretty clear that for a car to clock more than 66,000km in less than 2 years, it must have been on the road a lot and spent little time in the workshop (i.e. apart from regular servicing)...right ? So if it was that bad as you have said, I think my mileage would have been closer to 6,600km...haha

Cheers

Hi Lee,

Same here though drive exactly 1 year, all perfect and zero problem unlike mentioned except installer caused noise at glove compartment due to wire that had been resolved.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement