Nissan Qashqai vs Honda Vezel, which is better?

Leoeve

I driving vezel but reckon qq body should be slightly solid than vezel since make in uk. Our Vezel really feel like milo tin. Haha

Bro, all normal Jap Korean cars feel like milo tin lah.

Cant have your cake and eat it right?

I am happy with the Vezel.

No complains.

Neverbhve chance to test even the hrv. But hear issues with qashqai that tc staff also cant solve. R all the knwn issues solved? Like humming sound when driving at high speed. Not a bad car juz think its underpower. Can only blame hw we classifed cat a cars nw. Wat a waste.

Bro, all normal Jap Korean cars feel like milo tin lah.

Cant have your cake and eat it right?

I am happy with the Vezel.

No complains.

A car with good insulation usually comes with heavy weight which I would rather not have.

Bros, been driving QQ for past 3 months. Been enjoying the ride so far. Add a few poison like K&N filter and ethrottle. No issues in moving the 1.2turbo. Everything is included; built-in GPS, video, USB, cruise control, front & rear recorder. Also upgraded to 18' after 3 days of collection. Plus install side steps. Another issue is that I prefer to view my water temp.

Of course when i shown my OC to Vezel and QQ, she straight away choose QQ. Maybe the ladies prefer QQ.

Btw, i dont suffer any power loss or brake issue that small amount of QQ owners have. My 2 cents worth only....

Has been driving my QQ1.2 for 10days and it feels good! Smooth engine, quiet ride, comfortable and so far no regret buying! Cheers

pic looks like taken at aljunied/geylang east mscp. [drivingcar]

Has been driving my QQ1.2 for 10days and it feels good! Smooth engine, quiet ride, comfortable and so far no regret buying! Cheers

pic looks like taken at aljunied/geylang east mscp. [drivingcar]

Nissan's engine over honda engine.. reliability??

TBH Vezel over QQ in terms of looks.. Ive seen lots of QQ around... the front still loses out to the sexiness of the V..

Question is how can a 1.2Turbo have better fuel efficiency? A big car at 1.2l u need a turbo engine to boost the power of the car (power to weight ratio) So isn't using more power translate to more FC?

Even when the V came out at 1.5l.. i was skeptical about the power, until i read the forums abt it...

Just my thoughts..

Buy a car that makes you happy that you look forward to drive it everyday is more important la...

I tested drive both. For QQ I will pay a bit more to get the 2.0L for that extra driving performance. 1.2 turbo on a 1.5tons car is torture for its small engine.

Vezel has better performance over QQ1.2 because it is a lighter car...but damn noisy inside. QQ is a smoother ride.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I test drived the 1.2T it seems sufficiently fast enough, very quiet and spacious, driver seat seems for comfy then vezel.

Seems to be more spacious then Vezel, found out that is actually wider and longer then vezel.

Brought my CFO to check out both Vezel and QQ

CFO says QQ, so QQ it is

Edited by Zealot

I have tested the QQ 1.2 and felt its a appropriate car for ladies who like the gradual pickup. Sound proofing (road noise./traffic sound) is acceptable.

I do not have the chance to test the Vezel but I get feedback from most audio shops that they get lots of request to do sound proofing for the Vezel as it is a noisy car. Can I have any feedback as to whether the noise is

1) from the tyres (wheel arch insufficient insulation) when cruising or due to sports tyres provided or

2) passing traffic sound (thin windows, insufficient insulation in doors/panels)

Thanks for your feedback!

• Praise 1

Hi Michael68,

I have test drive QQ and currently driving Vezel. 

Agree on the pickup part. Yes it does start with a little gradual and once it moves.. it does have power. 

As for the Vezel side: 

It does have a little noise... not like a very horrible one, but its  noticeable. 

-noise mainly comes from the engine air intake sound.. so it can sound a little like Toyota Prius when you step on the accelerator (petrol mode) except it's kinda appear whenever your RMP around 3k above. 

-The door and the wheel also contributed on some level of sound.

Most people who do sound proofing would have notice a lot of different on the noise level and improve the sound system quality as well. 

-Lastly the ruff is a little more noisy when it comes to heavy rain.

personally it doesnt border me as much after a few month of driving, because generally if heavy rain or if you pickup with higher RPM, those sounds can be aspected from many other cars with slight different of the level or noise.. 

On the other hand, the car is constantly running on a average of 2.5k RPM (quieter) with enough power to move the car easily and pickup is pretty good. On my lastest highway long run to Malaysia, my car manage to run for 18.2km/L oil (not even on Eco mode)... pretty good saving. On normal days in city, it's around 14km/L. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

I have tested the QQ 1.2 and felt its a appropriate car for ladies who like the gradual pickup. Sound proofing (road noise./traffic sound) is acceptable.

I do not have the chance to test the Vezel but I get feedback from most audio shops that they get lots of request to do sound proofing for the Vezel as it is a noisy car. Can I have any feedback as to whether the noise is

1) from the tyres (wheel arch insufficient insulation) when cruising or due to sports tyres provided or

2) passing traffic sound (thin windows, insufficient insulation in doors/panels)

Thanks for your feedback!

Vezel is from everywhere. In this aspect either the hybrid version is better and qq wins hands down. Honda us known for very poor insulation. Even the odyssey did not fare well. Edited by Andyngps

Vezel is from everywhere. In this aspect either the hybrid version is better and qq wins hands down. Honda us known for very poor insulation. Even the odyssey did not fare well.

The quality and built are already very different. Vezel metal its like milo tin which contribute to the noise level in the carbine.  

• Dislike 1

(edited)

The quality and built are already very different. Vezel metal its like milo tin which contribute to the noise level in the carbine.

Qq definitely win in comfort and sound insulation. Body also qq much better. More solid metal I presume since it is uk built.

I am driving vezel. What make my decision is the rear passenger seat. Very upright as compare to vezel. Most of the times my mum and wifey would be seated in the rear. Petrol consumption I reckon vezel much better since it has a lighter body.

AD versus PI is another factor you need to consider. Engine aspect...hmm hard to compare since both also consider quite new on our road. Maybe another 3 to 4 years we can talk about engine.

My personal view..all car regardless of brand given times will face problem where "horses" escaped. 6th 7th years..minus 20 horses..from qq and vezel. Vezel will still give me at least 109 hp. QQ I reckon may face problem with in sufficent hp to pull her heavy body.

No such thing as good or bad car. Just go to the one that fulfill most of your criteria.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

Thanks for the feedback. I share your views that the 1.2 QQ probably will experience reduction in power as time goes by. For the Vezel, probably soundproofing the doors or even the floor and firewall will help improvide the sound insulation. This will definitely help especially for those investing in good audio equipment. I did that previously for my Toyota Wish/Estima rides and it definitely help in the audio quality.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks for the feedback. I share your views that the 1.2 QQ probably will experience reduction in power as time goes by. For the Vezel, probably soundproofing the doors or even the floor and firewall will help improvide the sound insulation. This will definitely help especially for those investing in good audio equipment. I did that previously for my Toyota Wish/Estima rides and it definitely help in the audio quality.

If want to save the trouble of addtional work or reduced power over time.

Can consider Japan-brand alternatives like Suzuki S-Cross or Vitara, Subaru XV, Subaru Forester 2.0 non-turbo version, Mitsubishi ASX.

All about same price range and size as Vezel and QQ.  (Subaru showroom at Leng Kee share same building as Nissan QQ - so can see and test both at one go).

The Subaru's and Mit are also Japan-made like Vezel.

The Suzuki's are made in Europe (Hungary) like 1.2QQ (England with French engine) 

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

If want to save the trouble of addtional work or reduced power over time.

Can consider Japan-brand alternatives like Suzuki S-Cross or Vitara, Subaru XV, Subaru Forester 2.0 non-turbo version, Mitsubishi ASX.

All about same price range and size as Vezel and QQ. (Subaru showroom at Leng Kee share same building as Nissan QQ - so can see and test both at one go).

The Subaru's and Mit are also Japan-made like Vezel.

The Suzuki's are made in Europe (Hungary) like 1.2QQ (England with French engine)

Suzuki vitara..can forget about it. Swèe from outside. Inside front dash one whole plastic luminate colour. I did asked can change..she(se) say can't fastory fixed.

Rear seat very cram.

My view.

To the anonymous that dislike and scolded me freaking head for saying vezel body milo tin.. hahaha boy boy..if you disagree do post your view under this thread so everyone can discuss. Is for the benefit of everyone.

Privately scold me...shake of head..this really show what kind of upbringing has been impart upon you by your elders. Haha school holiday..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2