What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

I am a private twice, first time during NS for 3 months, second time much longer from wedding day till now, under one OC!!! :-(

you not bad liaoz.

still got private.

limpeh married until now still recruit.

daughter born liaoz immediately commision 2LT. even she can order me around.

=(

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Price aside - Exige and Ferrari and not the same owner experience - and also take note, an '06 Exige should be the 1.8 Supercharge if not wrong (not a 3.5)

Exige is not about straight line top speed, in fact, it probably tops out somewhere around 240km/h or so.

Lotus is all about driving / cornering / car control rather than absolute straight line speed.

have been lucky enough to drive one a couple of times - and it's damn freaking shiok - it's what driving should be - I don't care about the speed (although on a technical track, an exige will be FAST), it's all about enjoying the feeling of the drive.

To be able to brag about SG to KL in 83 minutes, Exige is the wrong car - to enjoy a Pasir Gudang track day, or a B road drive to Cameron I would choose Exige over any of the supercars...

Now I recall the owner telling me it's a 1.8 and it's returning 10kmL without fail despite his heavy right foot.

It's more a purist driver's car for corners and other treacherous roads. A modern day Spitefire in WW2 dog fights speak with nimble and precise agility base on my experience with descriptions of how a kart handles. EXIGE vs FERRARI, lightweight MOUNTAIN GOAT vs heavy TIGER, LEOPARD

Now I recall the owner telling me it's a 1.8 and it's returning 10kmL without fail despite his heavy right foot.

It's more a purist driver's car for corners and other treacherous roads. A modern day Spitefire in WW2 dog fights speak with nimble and precise agility base on my experience with descriptions of how a kart handles. EXIGE vs FERRARI, lightweight MOUNTAIN GOAT vs heavy TIGER, LEOPARD

Or to put it a different way...

Is like Sugar Ray vs George Foreman

• Praise 1

you not bad liaoz.

still got private.

limpeh married until now still recruit.

daughter born liaoz immediately commision 2LT. even she can order me around.

=(

Lucky never kena guard room, but many burnt weekends.

guys ...

am thinking to scrap or renew COE in 2016 ...

if renew coe, will road tax and insurance also appreciate ?

renew coe only pay pqp or got other hidden # to pay

until now i cannot under, arf, parf etc ...

• Praise 1

have been on this page ... coe is gone , arf is gone only get parf back if scrap end of 10years.

pqp here (1)

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=EnquirePQPRates

and renew here (2)

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=RenewCOE

is different ... so to get quotes in the future shld go to (1)

i just checked, they say road tax will increase 10% per year and have not checked insurance yet.

any bros got any ideas?

have been on this page ... coe is gone , arf is gone only get parf back if scrap end of 10years.

pqp here (1)

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=EnquirePQPRates

and renew here (2)

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=RenewCOE

is different ... so to get quotes in the future shld go to (1)

i just checked, they say road tax will increase 10% per year and have not checked insurance yet.

any bros got any ideas?

we can just renew our COE via onemotoring?

somebody actually chose to renew an Altis for 5 years...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=440576&DL=1351

come to think of it, it actually makes a decent buy. the owner renewed the COE at $37,419. with 6 months passed, the paper value is still about $33,000. which makes the "risk" of this car very low. anytime not happy and want to scrap, can just scrap and won't lose too much. downside is that after 5 years no matter what cannot renew.

440576_2b.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

come to think of it, it actually makes a decent buy. the owner renewed the COE at $37,419. with 6 months passed, the paper value is still about $33,000. which makes the "risk" of this car very low. anytime not happy and want to scrap, can just scrap and won't lose too much. downside is that after 5 years no matter what cannot renew.

440576_2b.jpg

I don't find it attractive , simply because the depre is not significantly lower than a brand new one.

The depre per year for this is :

COE portion 37419 / 5 = 7, 484 .

Forgone parf value 10k ( assume omv 20k ) ; per year = 2k .

Total depre per year about 9.5 k .

Compared to a brand new Altis bought at same COE level $74, 838 , OMV 20k scrap 10k ..

COE depre same 7,484.

OMV 20k scrap 10k , body depre same per year 2k.

Dealers profit assume 20k ie depre 2k per year.

Total depre 11.5 k .

So drive new Altis depre 11.5k ; drive 10 yr old 9.5k . And don't forget old Altis need to pay higher road tax ; and more maintenance. It looks attractive because we are looking at 35k to own a car , instead of 120k for a new one.

I still feel that it is more worthwhile to renew a car with a high OMV ( where a similar new one is subjected to tiered ARF tax ) ; and one with high dealer profit when new .

• Praise 4

any bros got any ideas?

If you have been a safe driver, insurance costs should go down a bit if you opt for third part liability only. Ie insurance pay for other party and not your own 10 yr plus car.

My first car was a coe-paid car, insurance was very affordable.

• Praise 1

Landrover Defender a very durable vehicle if considered a car. Kelisa and other lightweight Japanese cars minimal wear and tear, can last another 10 years without much maintenance, if annual mileage averaged 20K Km.

I like the defender. Only thing is as it's a P plate, no parf value at end of 10 years?

Are you sure its attractive? wear and tear factors are unknown. What about engine and gearbox? dun be fooled just by the figures

440576_2b.jpg

When renewal for next 10 years, where to get parf value?

I mean if the owner doesn't renew COE. No parf refund if he scrap it?

↡ Advertisement