Tengah New Town

Scion

I think i saw before in some parks got some walkways are wide enuf for ambulance and fire engine to drive thru.. so on normal days these are for pedestrians, but in emergencies the rescue vehicles can drive thru.... 

If that's the case I wonder who will clear the pedestrians for ambulance and fire engine to drive through  [drivingcar]

How about building a hospital right in the town centre? Haha

Everything self contained [laugh]

If that's the case I wonder who will clear the pedestrians for ambulance and fire engine to drive through [drivingcar]

Everything self contained [laugh]

Me thinks when the ambulance or fire engine sirens come screaming along, it'll take a fool not to move aside for them.. unless one wants to take a ride in them as a casualty too..lol...
  • Praise 2

Melbourne city centre is close off to cars.  Only tram, bicycle & emergency vehilces is allow to go in.

If Ang Moh country can do it, what's so difficult with Singapore?

So more, labour cost here is cheaper as compared to Aust

Ha-ha, dun think we can afford the carrier's bro.. most likely is cab n tab for now...

Rsaf unlikely go all for stovl, as too new tech..f35 need to mature tens of years before kiasi saf will consider..f15 f16 upgrades for forseeeable future..so need runways ,but not much space left..

Heck, tekong may even be joined to mainland, to get more land too..lol..the waterway bet jb n Sg us getting narrower by the day...

We can definately afford a carrier. Just that we dont have enough manpower to man one. It would take 3/4 of our navy manpower. To man a carrier, about 5,000 ppl. Our Navy, around 7,000 to 8,000 ppl only. Then a carrier needs a fleet of vessels to protect it. Where to find ppl to man the other ships?

Not many singaporeans want to sail. Thatz the problem. Unless SAF allow employing FT to man our ships, I dont think we will have a carrier any time soon.

• Praise 1

We can definately afford a carrier. Just that we dont have enough manpower to man one. It would take 3/4 of our navy manpower. To man a carrier, about 5,000 ppl. Our Navy, around 7,000 to 8,000 ppl only. Then a carrier needs a fleet of vessels to protect it. Where to find ppl to man the other ships?

Not many singaporeans want to sail. Thatz the problem. Unless SAF allow employing FT to man our ships, I dont think we will have a carrier any time soon.

On top of that, a useful number of carriers for adequate force would be 3 or more, one in maintenance, one in training, one on patrol..Too much drain on our defense budget if u ask me.. Got cheaper alternatives..
  • Praise 1

I am waiting to see how Tengah new town can be a car free town?! Lol.

How to be car-free? Need a bicycle, and more than one, for the family, right?

There are a few problems with this arrangement, not least of which, everyone must know how to cycle. Then the newer flats and corridors nowadays are smaller and narrower.

Parking/Locking bicycles at the narrower corridors is a problem, not to mention risk of theft for more expensive bikes. Want to store all the bicycles inside the flat?? Worse, make the smaller space even more cramped. And they encourage people to have children?? [laugh]

Use helicopter to bring in goods.

Air drop can  ?

131114-F-FB147-807.JPG

Since this will be the closest HDB town to Tengah AB with the northerly approach in the same direction on eastern part of the runway overflying the Old CCK road... All they need now is a giant camo net hanging over the town to catch the cargo which also help in the "greening" effort.

How to be car-free? Need a bicycle, and more than one, for the family, right?

There are a few problems with this arrangement, not least of which, everyone must know how to cycle. Then the newer flats and corridors nowadays are smaller and narrower.

Parking/Locking bicycles at the narrower corridors is a problem, not to mention risk of theft for more expensive bikes. Want to store all the bicycles inside the flat?? Worse, make the smaller space even more cramped. And they encourage people to have children?? [laugh]

They always paint a very nice picture de, and ultimately whether it works or not they dont really bother. Like they now always emphasis on car-lite, but they doesnt know how ''good'' their public transport is, so how to car-lite?

From what I read, all going Changi including Paya Lebar air base

So tengah airbase will shift to changi as well ah. But though the new tengah new town location is along the bt batok rd, somewhere near brickland which is not where the tengah airbase located?

I am waiting to see how Tengah new town can be a car free town?! Lol.

It can be a car-free town.

Build gigantic car parks outside the town.

If you live inside, you park your cars there.

Take a feeder bus or train to your block and of cuz you pay for the ride.

No such thing as a free ride.

If you need to do shopping or groceries, take the bus and train again.

Anyone wants to leave there ?

It can be a car-free town.

Build gigantic car parks outside the town.

If you live inside, you park your cars there.

Take a feeder bus or train to your block and of cuz you pay for the ride.

No such thing as a free ride.

If you need to do shopping or groceries, take the bus and train again.

Anyone wants to leave there ?

Train so unreliable and crowded. Reminds me like staying in sengkang/punggol/bt panjang, where you need to take those small little LRT which is super crowded. 

So tengah airbase will shift to changi as well ah. But though the new tengah new town location is along the bt batok rd, somewhere near brickland which is not where the tengah airbase located?

I'm not sure of the exact boundaries of the new Tengah New Town but obviously the airbase had to go to facilitate this new estate whether the airbase is within the New Town or outside as you can't have low flying planes over a housing estate as it would be very noisy and not conducive for residential stay.

Think Paya Lebar also going to be developed and thus the air base has to go as well. From security point of view, don't you think it's abit vulnerable to have everything at Changi including the commercial airport? That said, I'm sure the authorities would have thought about this before giving the green light I suppose.

• Praise 5

But currently the tengah airbase also quite near to choa chu kang town lo. I think choa chu kang should be nearer to the airbase than the new tengah new town?! Cause tengah new town seems nearer to the bt batok side.

Tengah new town will be bordered by Bricklands Rd, Bukit Batok Rd, KJE and PIE.

Currently, it's just a forest.

st_20160412_vnten2_2209932-page-001_0.jp

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2