General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

Turbocharged

Mothership.sg predicts how d electoral boundaries will be redrawn. Potong Pasir & Joo Chiat SMC likely absorbed into GRC & instead 2 new SMC will be created in Jurong West. East Coast GRC which did poorly last GE will be split....... Let's see..

http://mothership.sg/2015/07/here-are-5-predictions-on-how-singapores-new-electoral-boundaries-will-be-redrawn/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

The school one week break start immediately after Teacher's day week on 5th Sep.

If election on this weekend most probably will not have too many overseas compare to the year end holiday.

novembrrrr

September 12

Your prediction made me stood up and walked to see the calendar :D

Possible, as end of holiday ... hmm ...

Turbocharged

Walau. If Sept, must be either 5th or 12th only mah, not rocket science lar... Hehehe....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Well the famous WKS will tell you...... if it is not this year, it will be before the next erection dateline..... [rolleyes][lipsrsealed]

• Praise 4

Not likely, a lot of clearing works need to be done in school after polling for the new term to begin..... :serious-business:

I think batter postpone. Got NSEW MRT breakdown, PA tonic claim $ ownself, still fresh on the minds of citizens... Sept is not good not good month.

(edited)

i reckon oct ....

aug got ndp

sep got f1 ... beside need time for the team to regroup and restrategise after a long and tired preparation for sg50 in aug

oct ... just nice

nov/dec year end ... busy again

I think batter postpone. Got NSEW MRT breakdown, PA tonic claim $ ownself, still fresh on the minds of citizens... Sept is not good not good month.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Not likely as GCE 'O' & 'A' level.....

Most Sec schools & JC are voting and also counting centres... :nosepick:

https://www.seab.gov.sg/content/examTimeTable/2015GCEOExamTimetable.pdf

O lvl last paper is 13/11... :D

there are alot more sec schools than JCs

update: i re-read this: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/parliament-electoral-boundaries-committee-formed-2-months-ago

" The committee that reviews electoral boundaries was formed two months ago, an indication that the general election could be round the corner."

wow so d comittee formation is backdated 2 mths ago. Previously when d electoral boundary committee report was done, GE was held soon after...

Edited by Duckduck

Turbocharged

My wise list for this GE.

WP to finally tell us what is going on in their TC accounting.

Many people going to say its not your district why you care??

Well they are not in my district now, but when they will come one day if they are seriously a political party, I want to know what is going on before they reach me.

as for PAP.. everyone know what is going on.

My wise list for this GE.

WP to finally tell us what is going on in their TC accounting.

Many people going to say its not your district why you care??

Well they are not in my district now, but when they will come one day if they are seriously a political party, I want to know what is going on before they reach me.

as for PAP.. everyone know what is going on.

Yes... WP is trying to get people to believe that they are the vehicle for the opposition cause just because they are currently the biggest opposition party. And that's what allows them to get away with a lot of things.

Disregarding the town council saga, my biggest gripe with WP is that it has no stand on anything. It simply absorbs discontent towards the PAP, and remains deliberately vague on all issues of government. What's their stand towards crime? What's their stand towards freedom of assembly? What's their stand towards education? What's their stand towards healthcare?
Simply put, it sits on the fence.
I don't agree with the stand of the SDP, but I find it respectable that I can tell what it stands for. It stands for freedom of the press and of assembly. It states clearly that it is anti-death penalty. It calls for more active use of past reserves to restructure our economy into services, from manufacturing. It calls for Temasek to be accountable.
And a party needs to be that - it must have a stand. Only then can people decide whether they want to stand with the party.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Yes... WP is trying to get people to believe that they are the vehicle for the opposition cause just because they are currently the biggest opposition party. And that's what allows them to get away with a lot of things.

Disregarding the town council saga, my biggest gripe with WP is that it has no stand on anything. It simply absorbs discontent towards the PAP, and remains deliberately vague on all issues of government. What's their stand towards crime? What's their stand towards freedom of assembly? What's their stand towards education? What's their stand towards healthcare?

Simply put, it sits on the fence.

I don't agree with the stand of the SDP, but I find it respectable that I can tell what it stands for. It stands for freedom of the press and of assembly. It states clearly that it is anti-death penalty. It calls for more active use of past reserves to restructure our economy into services, from manufacturing. It calls for Temasek to be accountable.

And a party needs to be that - it must have a stand. Only then can people decide whether they want to stand with the party.

Then what is your opinion on pap stands for? Money money money?... Hehehe..

• Praise 1

Then what is your opinion on pap stands for? Money money money?... Hehehe..

Things that I agree with the PAP on:

Work for reward, reward for work.

Compassionate meritocracy.

A strong national defence policy.

Grounding in economics - without it we are nothing.

Things that I don't agree with the PAP on:

If you are poor, it is your fault.

Government stake in too many transport GLCs - one can't be both operator and regulator.

Artificially keeping business costs low by importing cheap labour from the region - just because we can doesn't mean we should.

GRCs - it was justifiable, but Singapore as a society should have outgrown voting on racial lines.

This is of course not an exhaustive list, but what I can think of off the top of my head.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4