General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

Can I suggest? A lineup that shows some sincerity and doesn't reflect that PAP has given up hope...

1. Lim Hng Kiang (anchor minister; former acting Prime Minister)

2. Khaw Boon Wan

3. Vivian Balakrishnan (minority 1)

4. Yaacob Ibrahim (minority 2)

5. Lim Swee Say

I suspect they're on their way out anyway. BUT they can still scare people by saying we're losing 5 ministers.

They :a-handbags: shall make up the best "Kamikaze 神 风 队 " in Singapore political history :a-m1212:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

(edited)

Can I suggest? A lineup that shows some sincerity and doesn't reflect that PAP has given up hope...

2. Khaw Boon Wan

5. Lim Swee Say

I suspect they're on their way out anyway. BUT they can still scare people by saying we're losing 5 ministers.

I did not suggest LTY because I'm sympathetic towards him. Given the muck leftover by his 3 predecessors MBT YCT and RL, don't say LTY, I think even LKY may not be able to resolve.

Can I add the one who created the LKY91 workout.

Think he should be added to this group.

Since he's not making much contribution, so just add him to that group will be good.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

Can I add the one who created the LKY91 workout.

Think he should be added to this group.

Since he's not making much contribution, so just add him to that group will be good.

Every government needs a few clowns to make the others look good. Don't discount him first. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Yet to see a brave mini-star approach LHL and tell him that he/she wanted to lead the Aljunied team to win back from WP..... :wut:

有谁会跟钱过𣎴去呢?
  • Praise 7

(edited)

Yet to see a brave mini-star approach LHL and tell him that he/she wanted to lead the Aljunied team to win back from WP..... :wut:

And risks losing millions??!! :o

2. Khaw Boon Wan

5. Lim Swee Say

I did not suggest LTY because I'm sympathetic towards him. Given the muck leftover by his 3 predecessors MBT YCT and RL, don't say LTY, I think even LKY may not be able to resolve.

I can safely say that LHK won't be tasked with this glorious endeavour.

He is the quinessential teflon guy.

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 7

We do not get to see doesn't mean don't have.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

ill reserve comments until the hustings. this time its p8p who r underdogs so the pressure is on WP to exprain the aljunied town council saga properly...

Will expect all the DPM, PM, MM etc..... to stand in talk about this during the rally...

and again they will provide FREE bus service transports all aunty, uncle there for the rally and provide FREE chicken rice dinner.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

And risks losing millions??!! :o

I can safely say that LHK won't be tasked with this glorious endeavour.

He is the quinessential teflon guy.

Definitely not LHK. Think before d battle starts, half of it lost liao. Rem, he handled d SARS case. How issit? If good, he won't be replaced by KBW. It from tis SARS case, KBW popularity rise. But now his innate character showing. Getting more n more arrogrant. Taichi master now. Haha

• Praise 4

Twincharged

with that philosophy in mind, why is ah yew still in the office.

firing a chief is very simple like our great leader say.

obviously the great leader's offspring does not subscribe to this philosophy

hard to find a chief, especially when have to take a huge paycut to become a servant for the people

Sorry, my mistake.....

It should be KBW. :secret-laugh:

think u are mistaking KGB with PAP liao [smash][smash]:ph34r:

They :a-handbags: shall make up the best "Kamikaze 神 风 队 " in Singapore political history :a-m1212:

i hope LSS and KBW do not go down

their role as comic relief in the PAP is impt, to keep ppl from going crazy with rage and start inciting riots everywhere

lss.png?w=519

2014-10-23%2B17.52.45.jpg

• Praise 2

i hope LSS and KBW do not go down

their role as comic relief in the PAP is impt, to keep ppl from going crazy with rage and start inciting riots everywhere

lss.png?w=519

2014-10-23%2B17.52.45.jpg

One boastful to feel rich of CPF savings and the other boast wisely spent $8 only for heart by-pass surgery, who need Mr.Bean ?

• Praise 7

Twincharged

One boastful to feel rich of CPF savings and the other boast wisely spent $8 only for heart by-pass surgery, who need Mr.Bean ?

yes bro

even watching comedies cannot make me laugh harder. they just have to open mouth can liao

but after laughing will feel a little sad cos i will realize the future of my children looks bleak

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

We have been at this last GE. WP purpose is to slap the driver. They cannot be the driver so the stand will always be looking for where and when to slap. Cannot do without but also cannot fully depend.

The "problem" - if you call it that

You are never going to see any major change in the "readiness" of any party to take over from the PAP until and unless there is a fundamental shift in the way that political parties are funded and resourced.

A prime example - over the weekend I saw a facebook post by one of the PAP - taking about a block visit they had done and what actions had been taken. This included a "report" of the problems raised - with comments from the various ministries (i.e - LTA, HDB etc etc). Do you think that these ministries are willing to accompany "opposition" MPs on a block visit? Why or why not?

How about the reserves that are available? Or access to the "planning and forecasting" dept of the various ministry?

Ideology aside - who is going to formulate "better" (i.e better researched and more robust) policy - the one that has access to the full weight of the civil service, or the one that has to do their own research from publicly available information?

Until this changes - the opposition is never going to be ready - you may as well ask me why Dr John is a better doctor than me, while at the same time not allowing me to go to medical school.

• Praise 5

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has asked the Electoral Boundaries Review Committee to have smaller Group Representation Constituencies, and to have at least 12 Single Member Constituencies.

The committee was formed two months ago, the Prime Minister told Parliament on Monday (Jul 13).

Mr Lee said he asked the committee to consider the population shifts and housing developments since the last boundary delineation exercise.

He also asked the committee to have smaller GRCs, "so as to reduce the average size of the GRCs below five", and to have at least 12 SMCs.

"As per past practice, the committee is chaired by the Secretary to the Prime Minister. It is now in the midst of its deliberations and will make its recommendations to me when ready," he said.

SIGNAL OF AN UPCOMING GENERAL ELECTION?

The committee reviews and draws up the boundaries for election, and submits a report with its recommendations. The report, when released by the committee, is seen as one of the clearest signals that a General Election (GE) is around the corner.

The convening of the committee kickstarts a series of events that culminates in the nation heading to the polls. Singapore’s next GE must be held by January 2017.

The expected sequence of events is as follows:

1. Electoral Boundaries Review Committee convenes

2. Committee submits report with recommendations on electoral changes

In the lead-up to the two previous GEs in 2006 and 2011, the committee took about four months after being convened to issue its report.

3. Parliament dissolved

The Prime Minister may advise the President to dissolve Parliament by Proclamation in the Gazette before the expiry of its term. Once Parliament has been dissolved, the GE must be held within three months. In the last GE, the committee’s report was issued on Feb 24, 2011, and Parliament was dissolved on Apr 19, 2011.

4. President issues Writ of Election

The President, acting on the Prime Minister's advice, issues a Writ of Election. This will specify the date and location for the nomination of candidates.

5. Nomination Day takes place

Nomination Day, when prospective candidates submit their nomination papers, must take place between five days and one month after the Writ of Election is issued.

6. Polling Day

Polling Day must be held between 10 and 56 days after the Returning Officer publishes the Notice of Contested Elections after Nomination Day. For the 2011 GE, Cooling-Off Day, on the eve of Polling Day, was introduced, when candidates are banned from campaigning. This was instituted to give voters time to reflect and make their decision before going to the polls.

- CNA/cy

• Praise 5

Lai le lah...

who gonna bet that its in this year SG50 ?! :D

Committee already formed 2 months ago, and i think they would have probably drawn up the 5 GRC and 12 SMC ....

Hmm, the 5 would probably be north, south, east, west and central :D

Its gonna be interesting liao :)

• Praise 1

Lai le lah...

who gonna bet that its in this year SG50 ?! :D

Committee already formed 2 months ago, and i think they would have probably drawn up the 5 GRC and 12 SMC ....

Hmm, the 5 would probably be north, south, east, west and central :D

Its gonna be interesting liao :)

Think will depend on how reliable the MRT is in the next few months [laugh]

• Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)

So few GRCs ah?

What happened to minority representation?

4. President issues Writ of Election
The President, acting on the Prime Minister's advice, issues a Writ of Election. This will specify the date and location for the nomination of candidates.

Can someone tell me the point of this?

If the PM is the one who makes the decision then why can't it be that the writ of election is issued by the PM?

If PM gives advice, can the president reject it?

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 2

2. Khaw Boon Wan

5. Lim Swee Say

Though KBW is going off track chasing the WP GRCs, I do think he is capable as a minister, and the heart is in the right place.

He does not deserve to be on the same list as Lim Hng Kiang, who is just a place holder for other more capable people, and definitely capable of screwing up things.

LSS is cool, and as a Minister of Labour, I think the job suits him to the tee, compared to his predecessor, who is not seeing the forest for the trees.

Don't think Vivian is that good in grassroots dealing, and not so sure where the heart is.

Yacoob is a quiet chap.. Don't know much about him, so probably have not much screw ups, possibly from not doing much

Lui Tuck Yew is brave, to soldier on as MOT for the whole duration, when other newcomer ministers have their portfolio changed once or even twice since. Its a tough job, but foresight seems lacking when problems crop up repeatedly.

They should do dry runs for breakdowns to make sure the staff do the IA drills at the snap of the finger. Can't imagine our navy breaking down so frequently, and even slower to respond to the 'Plan B'

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4