General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

I would think the biggest spanner would be heavy haze during Sept due to El Nino effect.

If haze got to hazardous level, surely the government would have to delay the GE to later date as it need to be seen as caring for the citizens. No doubt it would be to its advantage to hold it when haze is at its worst, haha.

↡ Advertisement

Still not bad, boss sure give time off to vote. Me jialat, possibly will miss this once in a life time to vote. Cos already book a tour. Pray hard GE much much earlier or end month or d travel agent auto delay one or two days. Don't want waste d vote. 😒😒

If it's indeed sept, then it should be in the week of the school holidays ie 5/9 to 13/9.

• Praise 5

(edited)

Due to today's massive MRT breakdown again, elections have to be postponed liao! Must give time for voters to forget incompetence some ministries are....

Heng ah most of us in MCF drive....

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

Due to today's massive MRT breakdown again, elections have to be postponed liao! Must give time for voters to forget incompetence some ministries are....

barney-harakiri-o.gif

or, a lieutenant-general could be removed, gaining massive points in the process.

Turbocharged

MRT keep on breaking down, GE got to postpone. These breakdowns will wipe out all d generosity Pappies have been dishing out lately.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

or, a lieutenant-general could be removed, gaining massive points in the process.

Hmmm, are we really so stupid that rectifying a mistake which they made can result in political points for them?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hmmm, are we really so stupid that rectifying a mistake which they made can result in political points for them?

My honest opinion is... yes.

From 42:35... "Everything works, whether its water, electricity, gas, telephone, telexes, it just has to work. If it doesn't work, I want to know why, and if I am not satisfied, and I often was not, the chief goes, and I have to find another chief. Firing the chief is very simple."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ofjSBGmOcY

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 8

My honest opinion is... yes.

From 42:35... "Everything works, whether its water, electricity, gas, telephone, telexes, it just has to work. If it doesn't work, I want to know why, and if I am not satisfied, and I often was not, the chief goes, and I have to find another chief. Firing the chief is very simple."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ofjSBGmOcY

This is sadly true, everything workED....

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I think everything is still working well... except for the major transport infrastructure...

Roads are widening, which is good...

More trains networks are constructed... which is good..

Just that they are catching up on maintenance of old rails and trains, that have sadly been much delayed in the past few years....

It will take time, so in the meantime, we just have to endure ....

• Praise 2

Supersonic

If it's indeed sept, then it should be in the week of the school holidays ie 5/9 to 13/9.

It's almost certain to be September, and you're very likely right about the timing (school hols).

It's almost certain to be September, and you're very likely right about the timing (school hols).

In fact, I'll put my neck on the chopping block and say it will be 12/9(Sat) which is more likely than 5/9 I feel as it gives them more preparation time to activate the civil servants including teachers to man the polling stations, count the votes amongst other admin duties. Let's see......

• Praise 4

In fact, I'll put my neck on the chopping block and say it will be 12/9(Sat) which is more likely than 5/9 I feel as it gives them more preparation time to activate the civil servants including teachers to man the polling stations, count the votes amongst other admin duties. Let's see......

why not december?

why not december?

December second choice I feel cos the feel good factor from SG50 NDP, goodies, National day rally speech which I expect more good news and also passing of LKY still fresh in our minds points directly into September IMO.

• Praise 4

December second choice I feel cos the feel good factor from SG50 NDP, goodies, National day rally speech which I expect more good news and also passing of LKY still fresh in our minds points directly into September IMO.

the mrt up lorry how?

the mrt up lorry how?

This one will happen regardless on when the GE is held, worst scenario is it breaks down on polling day :a-bang:

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Also December in the midst of the big christmas break - too many people travelling / will have to cancel holiday plans - many people will be super angry.

If I were the planner, my worry would be that a Sept election is too obviously selected to capitialise on all the "fall good" which may cause a cynical backlash - people doing the opposite just because you are being too transparently out for your own benefit.

• Praise 1

Also December in the midst of the big christmas break - too many people travelling / will have to cancel holiday plans - many people will be super angry.

If I were the planner, my worry would be that a Sept election is too obviously selected to capitialise on all the "fall good" which may cause a cynical backlash - people doing the opposite just because you are being too transparently out for your own benefit.

You have a point but my take is only a minority will feel this way so my guess is they will discount this but it's true some guys may vote the opposite but strange way if you ask me cos we should vote wisely and not do it frivolously based on emotion, a no go IMO.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8