Fatal Accident at Tampines

Stooky

Likely to have other illegal modifications too. LTA, TP should come down hard on the neck of the vehicle owner.

Insurance claims may be a problem. Nevertheless, hope the deceased family will be able to receive sufficient compensation for the painful loss.

Usually Cars with many aesthetic kits nd stickers are empty inside the hood. Your look at the number of zhng brands at the front door, usually the car don't have any of their stuff installed.

Brake cover? Confirm no performance mods or only some poor man's mods that doesn't do much.(e.g.. cai, colt stab, knn, Sprint booster, etc) But that's where usually the problem comes, overconfidence of the car's capability.

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement

Although i think those brembo covers are stupid, i can't help but feel those concerns are kind of exaggerated. It's just a piece of plastic, it won't have any effect on the spinning wheel unless the wheels are made of paper. And it's not going to be easy for it to dislodge and slot nicely in between the disc and pads. And even if it did, it will probably just disintegrate once the calipers clamp down onto the discs.

Dont underestimate something so small greatly affects the braking and handling.

On the topic of fake brembo covers, I had directly suan a couple before.

We are all getting into our cars which was parked side by side.

I joking said out loud to my wife, fake covers are like eating virga and having sex with condomns.

All show, no go.

Why I'm so mean to them, his wife had given my wife a dead stare before for no reasons.

Maybe just a misunderstanding but anyway, I don't give a damn to anyone which stared down my wife.

Months later, one of their covers dropped.

If happen to see them again, I surely suan one more time.

To me, it is to each his own. Remember the same drivers could be driving a porsche in another country for the amount of money he paid for his Kia/Hyundai etc.

As long as they don't drive recklessly, put spoilers, brake covers, stickers, 10,000 Watt hifi, just go ahead. Sometimes it even provides comical relief to see a spoiler almost bigger than than the car.

These "zhng" cars (as long as not driven recklessly!) are better than those agressive Vios on the road (Yes - I am biased against Vios drivers as I tend to see more of them being very aggressively driven compared to other models.)

Although i think those brembo covers are stupid, i can't help but feel those concerns are kind of exaggerated. It's just a piece of plastic, it won't have any effect on the spinning wheel unless the wheels are made of paper. And it's not going to be easy for it to dislodge and slot nicely in between the disc and pads. And even if it did, it will probably just disintegrate once the calipers clamp down onto the discs.

those stupid looking caliper covers may actually even worsen the braking power, due to reduced heat dissipation of the brake pad/caliper

So this thread turns into a bright red brake caliper cover? LoL...

Ppl should learn what is responsibility and contain that inflated ego when behind the wheel when it comes to driving. It's not about what fake brake covers. It's always the person behind the wheel.

According to the news the driver is a 40yo Malay dude , he himself sustain head injuries and was sent to the hospital. I had posted it earlier in with the pics but no lah ppl dun read they just look at the pictures of the fake brake covers and go gaga over it. LoL...

• Praise 1

To me, it is to each his own. Remember the same drivers could be driving a porsche in another country for the amount of money he paid for his Kia/Hyundai etc.

As long as they don't drive recklessly, put spoilers, brake covers, stickers, 10,000 Watt hifi, just go ahead. Sometimes it even provides comical relief to see a spoiler almost bigger than than the car.

These "zhng" cars (as long as not driven recklessly!) are better than those agressive Vios on the road (Yes - I am biased against Vios drivers as I tend to see more of them being very aggressively driven compared to other models.)

I hate those that lower their car so low that they have to slow down to a crawl just to clear a hump. Got one car that regularly comes into the carpark near my house is so low he rev so hard but reach the hump have to jam brake to a crawl and slowly go over the hump. Very irritating to follow behind these cars in the carpark. Then when they park they have to park very far out cuz their bumper will hit the kerb if park all the way in.

I hate those that lower their car so low that they have to slow down to a crawl just to clear a hump. Got one car that regularly comes into the carpark near my house is so low he rev so hard but reach the hump have to jam brake to a crawl and slowly go over the hump. Very irritating to follow behind these cars in the carpark. Then when they park they have to park very far out cuz their bumper will hit the kerb if park all the way in

These type just amuses me! Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2SX8NAK9s4

Looks like bus went straight into the turning car for such serious damages.

• Praise 1