Fatal Accident at Tampines

Stooky

Actually I thought standing close to traffic light very safe Liao... I have been doing that while crossing road... Until now I realize the traffic light is nowhere as sturdy as a tree...

↡ Advertisement

cannot use the bollard

or else someone in wheelchair cannot cross

its the same concept where some pedestrian walkway dont have bollards at the beginning and the end of the walkway

this is to provide wheelchair person to move

but of course some chee bye motorcyclist use it either for short cut or do not wish to pay erp parking when there is no bollard

best is plant a tree at every traffic island

pedestrian can wait there while waiting for traffic light with shade

negative side will be when there is thunder storm...u dare to stand under it?

We mostly are drivers , we do know that we tend to cheong more when we were young
It sounds stupid but just raise the age limit to 25-30 then surely rates of accident will be lesser

Anyway Coe is so high in Sg

not necessary

just give those under 30 only 6 to 12 points compare to those above 30 having 24 points

im sure many will kuai kuai follow rules thus create a good driving habit

anyway low speed can also take out any traffic light, lamp post, railings

depends how the contractors erect it

some may cut corners

instead of drilling into the ground at certain level and then cement it at the base, there are some who just place it on the ground and cover the base with cement

• Praise 1

Yup. That Cerato model should comes with a single driver airbag.

Alot of racer wannabes like to change their stock airbag steering wheels to some aftermarket steering wheels without airbag, and this cheepo sticker clad cerato would do.

Donno whats in some drivers mind, zooming and speeding in residential areas very common, every time when in SCHOOL ZONE, 3 or 4 cars will overtake above zone speed limit.

Have been reading this thread since yesterday... honestly seething... FFS.. the kia HAS to be going at a substantial speed to uproot the traffic lights. At a junction to go at that speed is showing total disregard for other people's lifes...

personally... i always advocate patience and give benefit of doubt whenever possible...

dear kia driver... u are very near to making me break my stand..

Thanks for pointing out point 2. Mistook the van driver for the Kia driver whom I hope will be jailed and suspended from driving for no less than 10 years.

Unfortunately, the victim is a friend of mine.

Will visit his wake to personally give my condolence to his family.

May his soul rest in peace.

• Praise 5

Thanks for pointing out point 2. Mistook the van driver for the Kia driver whom I hope will be jailed and suspended from driving for no less than 10 years.

aiyo... sad for you bro... yes... may he rest in peace... [angel]

Likely to have other illegal modifications too. LTA, TP should come down hard on the neck of the vehicle owner.

Insurance claims may be a problem. Nevertheless, hope the deceased family will be able to receive sufficient compensation for the painful loss.

Can't help but notice.

attachicon.giftampinesaccident_08_0.jpg

P-Plate, Brembo Brake COVERS.

Likely to have other illegal modifications too. LTA, TP should come down hard on the neck of the vehicle owner.

Insurance claims may be a problem. Nevertheless, hope the deceased family will be able to receive sufficient compensation for the painful loss.

I think insurance obligated to pay out to victim, and then try to recover from driver if got problem - (this is my understanding of drink driving law)

If it is not this way, it is the way it should be....

• Praise 2

so they drill into the stock calipers?

wow. I will never dare to use these type of accessories esp you are dealing with brakes..... [sweatdrop]

Don't think they drill into the calipers...

Esthetics lah... Cannot change the brake just cover the calipers lor...

yes can drill it in. two small holes

I can never understand why would anyone put a fake brake plastic 'caliper' cover.

1) If a person doesnt knows about brakes, u think when other people look at the car they will say "wow" brembo brakes ar?

2) When a person knows about cars and brakes, 1 look and will know its fake!!!! ... 'al cheapo'

So who are they trying to impress? seriously... i feel its so silly and waste of money...

Everytime I walk pass a car with such 'covers' I always laugh... duno who they trying to impress... The worse I have seen is the covers for the rear brakes are as big as the front... and the size always feels odd and reveal the original caliper behind the fake stuff.

Seriously.... its dangerous... if the caliper drops off at high speed, I cant imagine the ripping effect it has within the wheel well, brake hoses gets torn apart etc etc etc.

• Praise 4

May your friend rest in peace.

I can never understand why would anyone put a fake brake plastic 'caliper' cover.

young punk, they have to start from somewhere, and hoping can increase 10bhp :D

• Praise 2

1) If a person doesnt knows about brakes, u think when other people look at the car they will say "wow" brembo brakes ar?

2) When a person knows about cars and brakes, 1 look and will know its fake!!!! ... 'al cheapo'

So who are they trying to impress? seriously... i feel its so silly and waste of money...

Everytime I walk pass a car with such 'covers' I always laugh... duno who they trying to impress... The worse I have seen is the covers for the rear brakes are as big as the front... and the size always feels odd and reveal the original caliper behind the fake stuff.

Seriously.... its dangerous... if the caliper drops off at high speed, I cant imagine the ripping effect it has within the wheel well, brake hoses gets torn apart etc etc etc.

You give me free, I also won't put. Haha

I see fake disc brake cover before.... Make the rear drum look like disc rotors...

Edited by Zippaboy
  • Praise 2

Alot of racer wannabes like to change their stock airbag steering wheels to some aftermarket steering wheels without airbag, and this cheepo sticker clad cerato would do.

From the pics, the airbag looks like activated.

RIP to the deceased.

• Praise 2

You give me free, I also won't put. Haha

I see fake disc brake cover before.... Make the rear drum look like disc rotors...

Me also - I prefer to fly under the radar as much as possible.

Not into making the car look fast - want the car to be fast instead.

Those that do these sorts of things tend to be those that also like to speed in small roads, do dangerous things, race in heavy traffic, but give them an open road they are hopeless - just know how to speed by taking stupid risks only, don't know how to actually drive fast

Impress girls lo. Alot of my female friends back in poly used to think any car with red or other colored brake calipers should be a fast car. This same group will also think those cars with holes in their exhaust and no badges and lots of stickers are sports cars.

Indeed it is sad when someone you know suffered such tragic premature demise. Nevertheless, can only pray that he will RIP. Nice chap he was :)

aiyo... sad for you bro... yes... may he rest in peace... [angel]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1