Fatal Accident at Tampines

Stooky

It is so impt to stay alert at roadside... Sweeping the road around for any vehicles that is approaching rather than looking at ur handheld device...

Too bad this uncle didn't get a 2nd chance to do that... RIP..

But sometimes won't really know where the car can appear from.

From this case, the cerato definitely not from the direction it's facing as in the photo.

But at least is u r alert u can move behind the tree/lamppost/traffic light post if anything is flying towards where u stand..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

It is so impt to stay alert at roadside... Sweeping the road around for any vehicles that is approaching rather than looking at ur handheld device...

Too bad this uncle didn't get a 2nd chance to do that... RIP..

But at least is u r alert u can move behind the tree/lamppost/traffic light post if anything is flying towards where u stand..

Yes, the uncle really 死得很冤枉。

May he RIP.

Sympathies to the family. What a horrible thing to happen. Sending care n support their way.

We shouldn't speculate on cause without info...innocent until shown otherwise

Ya, agree.

RIP.

this area had 2 other fatal accident within 300M range.

one road side newspaper vendor was killed by a speeding car few years ago.

another one was a vios driver got killed after he crashed onto a tree before a corner.

all the dead above were killed on the scene.

The pedestrian stand on pavement away from road also kenna. Majority of drivers nowadays don't drive defensively, always 'me' bf others. Have my fair share of encounters with these bozo drivers. Lucky thing is no need to drive much since work place is only few MRT stations away. Can't imagine myself drive daily having to put with those nutcase, crackpot, screwup drivers [sweatdrop]

alot of these ceratos, vios, lancers etc zheng zheng zheng then drive like -.-"

not wanting to generalize or lump those who don't together but seriously... on roads like these, best to go slow.. said many times before already, at the most you 5 mins late.... better than... well.. this.. RIP.

Got sport rims , bbk , stickers , sideskirts......guilty unless proven innocent liao.

RIP to the deceased.

but obviously no brains.

Sad about the victim and his family.

Shouldn't judge without the full facts but if the Cerato wasn't hit by another car (which maybe run away) or swerve to avoid something, must be quite wowo to lose control like that in dry sunny road.

Picture copied from hwz.

Roughly can gauge the kia was speeding fast enugh to uproot the whole traffic light. The distance the uncle flew also indicates the impact speed was high.

10659232_10154634171850541_3602614819702

This stretch of road leading to PIE always have cars driving like F1. F1 is near but always remember to drive within your car and your own ability. There will be more accidents leading to F1. Can our traffic police do something? Everyday at least 2 to 5 cars suddenly cut into my lane causing me to brake like there is no tomorrow. If you want to cut in without signal and show that you are rich and your car is bigger than mine without causing me inconvenience, I don't really mind. But many times, you have no skill at all and it is a close shave to accidents. It is a miracle I haven't need to send my car for repair due to inconsiderate, selfish, and impatient drivers. I will make sure I claim you jialad jialad if I didn't manage to brake on time everytime you cut in abruptly. These are the rascals we raised from our education. No skill and yet want to show off? No skill and you want to speed? Now you killed someone.... I do not mean you can speed, but sometimes when we are in a rush, cutting through lanes safely and driving at the top of the speed limit is unavoidable. Hope Karma will catch up with you soon.

Edited by Cruise
  • Praise 1

Wa lao, the kia driver so sway.

That goes to show the importance of vid cam.

So whoever still have not installed vid cam, please do so, for any such reason that can happen unexpectedly.

• Praise 2

See la.. u all so quick to blame the KIA driver...

2n656r4.jpg

This post is very suspicious to me.... he/she surely would have contacted the reporter, or others who saw the "silver lorry" would have add their stories to the newspaper story.

Looking at the damage to the traffic lights and the Kia, it must have been going at very high speed and mounted the kerb, taking the trafffic lights and the victim with him (driver).

RIP to the innocent.

• Praise 2

How can it be hit and run from a lorry? I don't see any damage at all to the rear of the Cerato. All I see is frontal impact damage. Pictures do not lie.

See la.. u all so quick to blame the KIA driver...

2n656r4.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1