Fatal Accident at Tampines

Stooky

as a pedestrian i have been doing that for so long liao.....now i do one better......stay further away from any junction not even on the traffic island! Oni make my way to the the crossing area when the lights starts to change and vehicle slowing down or stopping! Have been trying to instil this practice to my wife and doter!

i even have the habit of checking both directions when crossing a one-way street. never know if some dim wit will drive in the wrong direction.

↡ Advertisement

i even have the habit of checking both directions when crossing a one-way street. never know if some dim wit will drive in the wrong direction.

There was one guy that got run down by a car reversing the wrong way down a one way street.....he died.

Can't remember what happened to the driver

very true, actually on hindsight, all our x-junctions should be installed with these:

070706_threeposts.jpg

Some do have but not all... I'm sure these bollards can probably stop a car or even a van... But anything bigger than that like a truck then barriers of any kind also useless...

I think these brake cap covers the OEM calipers...

I wonder how they secure these covers on the calipers? will they get dislodge easily?

I wonder how they secure these covers on the calipers? will they get dislodge easily?

I guess they would need tightening once in a while... Not too sure because never used them...

Also can't imagine what will happen if they get dislodged while you are driving...

Yeppers -

lately teaching dotter to stand back a bit from roadside, also so that she doesn't introduce uncertainty into the mind of drivers. Someone standing right at edge - never know what will do, someone standing back a bit, then can be more "relaxed".

at my estate, those waiting at driveway for a vehicle like to stand right at the front edge of the kerb. As the driveway isn't very wide and makes for a tight turn, thus cars with long chasis n long front overhang will make the turn with bumper going partially over the outside corner kerb, brushing the knees/shins of pple standing there. Once I deliberately pushed aside a (softsided) luggage bag that someone put at the kerb edge. Dunno why some pple so gan cheong to board and never do risk-assessment...

And the kerb is less than 2 inches high,,, one day a noob driver will drive over the kerb and knock over someone standing on kerb.

• Praise 1

very true, actually on hindsight, all our x-junctions should be installed with these:

070706_threeposts.jpg

These things are like trees. If drivers crash into them the drivers may die impacting it.

Mind letting me know how to spot the difference . Thanks.

In this particular pic of the Kia, you can see that the normal black/grey calipers are showing behind the red 'brembo' covers. The real Brembos would be all red.

• Praise 1

just screw in

so they drill into the stock calipers?

I guess they would need tightening once in a while... Not too sure because never used them...

Also can't imagine what will happen if they get dislodged while you are driving...

wow. I will never dare to use these type of accessories esp you are dealing with brakes..... [sweatdrop]

so they drill into the stock calipers?

wow. I will never dare to use these type of accessories esp you are dealing with brakes..... [sweatdrop]

yes can drill it in. two small holes

We mostly are drivers , we do know that we tend to cheong more when we were young

It sounds stupid but just raise the age limit to 25-30 then surely rates of accident will be lesser

Anyway Coe is so high in Sg

These things are like trees. If drivers crash into them the drivers may die impacting it.

In the event of a car heading towards such bollards, likely chances are the pedestrian are innocently standing there, and the driver is the one losing control of the vehicle and thus more liable. Under such circumstances where either one of them have to die, then I say, save the innocent..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3