SG causeway toll to increase 5-fold on 1-Oct-2014

bellboy

Many of my buddy are cutting down JB trips and some are giving to a miss altogether.

maybe once a month or when occasion calls for it. I honestly do not see saving of $15-$17 matters, let alone need to top up toll fees for next trip.

One can see car washer, bangla waving frantically asking you to come in . . how bad it can be !

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Many of my buddy are cutting down JB trips and some are giving to a miss altogether.

maybe once a month or when occasion calls for it. I honestly do not see saving of $15-$17 matters, let alone need to top up toll fees for next trip.

One can see car washer, bangla waving frantically asking you to come in . . how bad it can be !

After a couple of weeks, nothing to do in SG or very expensive to do small things in SG, all cheong MY again. LOL..... are we pathetic? no, it is just being human and if there are no jams, I would go in more often. Nice people, nice malls (got seats to rest), nice highway to burn carbon and nice 2.5x discount. Too bad it is not that safe, otherwise half of SG will be there during the weekends. Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

After a couple of weeks, nothing to do in SG or very expensive to do small things in SG, all cheong MY again. LOL..... are we pathetic? no, it is just being human and if there are no jams, I would go in more often. Nice people, nice malls (got seats to rest), nice highway to burn carbon and nice 2.5x discount. Too bad it is not that safe, otherwise half of SG will be there during the weekends.

When are we going in Pelangi to saw beef steak ? what toll hike arrr...??.......... [confused]

Edited by Fongmy
  • Praise 1

I really do not want to see JB ended up like tis after 30-35 years of chionging JBLand, we kinda has a certain rendezvous , memories and new development in Iskandar, so regrettably, can't help when both sides upped the VEP, Toll fees, like thy said: When 2 elephants fight, the ants will suffer . [sweatdrop][bigcry]

Turbocharged

The real outcome will be when malaysia impose VEP

Stay tune

VEP means driving to Malaysia for long holiday like 5 days will pay 5 days worth of VEP. Jialat liao.

VEP means driving to Malaysia for long holiday like 5 days will pay 5 days worth of VEP. Jialat liao.

it is per entry lah.... It is revenue generation, not traffic management, applying VEP everyday is revenue adverse. Edited by Voodooman

it is per entry lah.... It is revenue generation, not traffic management, so applying VEP everyday is revenue adverse.

SG charges S$35.00 per day basis [:/]

When are we going in Pelangi to saw beef steak ? what toll hike arrr...??.......... [confused]

Pelangi all lambs, where got beef???? [laugh]

Haven't went in for a while... too jam and since many calling for boycott, I scared I kanna beaten up for not being patriotic enough.

muayhahaha.....

[sorry T2 for copyrights, needed the expression to articulate the wickedness of my laugh]

SG charges S$35.00 per day basis [:/]

SG is traffic management cum revenue generation. We are the most expensive city in the world, $35 is cheap,cheap.... hahaha..

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

Pelangi all lambs, where got beef???? [laugh]

Haven't went in for a while... too jam and since many calling for boycott, I scared I kanna beaten up for not being patriotic enough.

muayhahaha.....

[sorry T2 for copyrights, needed the expression to articulate the wickedness of my laugh]

SG is traffic management cum revenue generation. We are the most expensive city in the world, $35 is cheap,cheap.... hahaha..

This is the most honest question that I am expecting from you, FAQ....Pelangi all lambs Chicken, where got beef???? [:p] [laugh]

• Praise 1

This is the most honest question that I am expecting from you, FAQ....Pelangi all lambs Chicken, where got beef???? [:p] [laugh]

And you gave the most honest answer. [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

I really do not want to see JB ended up like tis after 30-35 years of chionging JBLand, we kinda has a certain rendezvous , memories and new development in Iskandar, so regrettably, can't help when both sides upped the VEP, Toll fees, like thy said: When 2 elephants fight, the ants will suffer . [sweatdrop][bigcry]

I dont think there's any fighting here. See through the wayang & its all a game plan in preparation for MRT & Railway commute. Both sides need funding for that as well as 'encourage' more marginal drivers to switch to using them when its ready.

• Praise 1

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporeans-flock-to-jb/1400866.html

Useless reporter , report for the sake of report

Did he even check the camera over a period of time?

Singaporeans flock to JB over long weekend despite increase in toll charges

By Leong Wai Kit

POSTED: 06 Oct 2014 21:03

SINGAPORE: Long weekends are usually when Singaporeans choose to venture across the Causeway to indulge in their favourite pastimes of shopping, eating and other activities, and this Hari Raya Haji long weekend was no exception.

Many Singaporean commuters made trips across the Causeway over the festive weekend, despite the recent increase in toll charges on both sides od the Causeway.

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority had said it expected heavy traffic across the Causeway during the festive period, and some commuters said they spotted many Singapore-registered cars over the weekend.

The raised toll charges now make it five times more expensive to make a trip to Johor Bahru and back, using the Causeway.

However, some drivers who frequent Johor Bahru - as well as two firms that plan driving tours to Malaysia - said the raised toll charges are unlikely to change their habits as they do not pay the charges every day. They can also choose to share the cost of the charges with passengers in their cars.

• Praise 2

spore raise vep ... done

msia raise toll ... done

spore raise toll ... done

msia implement vep ... coming soon

the raise of vep and toll has been accepted as norm

move on liao ...

Edited by Wt_know

Went yesterday paying the whatever crap new toll for the 1st time.

I think its spore out/in $3.80 + $2.70

Jbee in/out rm9.80 + rm6.80.

$15 i give them lar!!! Keep the change.....lol.

Went to ksl city watch dracula for 3 adults 2 child rm60.....lol.

Cinema ticket alone....earn back all the toll liao. Haha.

Had sushi at the 1st floor for rm300 for 5ppl eat until siao.

That day 4ppl nia had sushi at our very own Downtowneast.....bloody $180!!! KNN!!!

And the usual petrol + car wash. Imho...still ok to go in....but once a month lor.

↡ Advertisement