LTA, Traffic Police will not easily accede to traffic summon

Zxcvb

I was travelling the other direction. I enter from Tues West towards AYE. No sign post.

Look on your left or right side as you travelling up the ramp, should have the signage.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The overhead bridge near road marker 18km always got cop on top.

I kenna twice, many years apart. Fortunately both are warnings nia.

• Praise 1

I recently also got my appeal rejected...for travelling on Jln Ahmad Ibrahim towards AYE at 101km/h. I tot its 90km/h road but they summon me for 21km/h more as they state its 80km/h road...problem is I dont find any sign stating its 80km/h....unless all expressways are 80km/h unless stated to be 90km/h

I kena twice one this lo! Lucky 2nd time give verbal warning.

Don't know where is this road that stated 80km/h...

• Praise 2

I recently also got my appeal rejected...for travelling on Jln Ahmad Ibrahim towards AYE at 101km/h. I tot its 90km/h road but they summon me for 21km/h more as they state its 80km/h road...problem is I dont find any sign stating its 80km/h....unless all expressways are 80km/h unless stated to be 90km/h

they got put 80km/h. they purposely station just after the signage.

They should focus more on vehicle limit.

• Praise 1

mo is that might close 1 eye for tier 1 excess 0-20.......but tier 2 , 21-30 cfm no give chance.

=========================

about mobile, by extension....how bout cars with no steering mounted controls?

Volume? Change radio station? Change CD?!

If it really targets 'what distracts people'.......it can cut a beri beri deep.

• Praise 2

Wat excuse or reason did you use for the appeal?

• Praise 1

Wat excuse or reason did you use for the appeal?

Never give excuse...just stating I did not see the 80kmh and tot its 90kmh so maybe lower summon and pts...

• Praise 1

I wonder, if you attach your handphone to the steering wheel, is it legal to use while driving? As technically, you aren't holding the handphone. :huh:

Cannot talk cannot touch hp cannot do anything but just look ahead when driving. That why motor companies has been paying so much R&D to develop self driven cars.

There will be a day when four in a car can play mahjong in the car while on a road trip up north.

• Praise 2

cannot assume, i also thought whole stretch of PIE was 90km/h, until i received a warning letter that i did 92km/h on 80km/h road [sweatdrop]

How many times you drive PIE - the 80km signage damn obvious...the only part I hate is coming from tuas side, via BKE back to PIE - too many speed camera, I nearly always forget to slow down...

Never give excuse...just stating I did not see the 80kmh and tot its 90kmh so maybe lower summon and pts...

it may be becos the sign was only at left lane side n not in centre divider so not so easy to notice since i think u r on 1st lane.

• Praise 1

Few years back, at Braddell Road outside Comfort Delgro Depot, there was a ridiculously long double white line which didn't allow vehicles to merge with the main traffic which was coming out of the Braddell tunnel.

To make matters worse, there was a bus stop just outside Comfort Delgro and the road was initially 3 lanes which merged to 2 and finally to 1 and then kena face this double white line so you can imagine the congestion/chaos there.

Anyway, on several occasions; they put a camera on the overhead bridge to capture vehicles crossing this double white line and it was really good business for them as alot of vehicles crossed this double white line, sometimes partly due to kena squeeze out when the lanes merged. I was caught and summoned for $130 and 4 pts.

Went down to TP Ubi to appeal and also told them that the double white line was ridiculous. They waive the points for me but still had to pay the fine albeit also reduced to $70.

Thankfully, a year back or so, they shortened the double white line to a much more manageable distance!

• Praise 2

Few years back, at Braddell Road outside Comfort Delgro Depot, there was a ridiculously long double white line which didn't allow vehicles to merge with the main traffic which was coming out of the Braddell tunnel.

To make matters worse, there was a bus stop just outside Comfort Delgro and the road was initially 3 lanes which merged to 2 and finally to 1 and then kena face this double white line so you can imagine the congestion/chaos there.

Anyway, on several occasions; they put a camera on the overhead bridge to capture vehicles crossing this double white line and it was really good business for them as alot of vehicles crossed this double white line, sometimes partly due to kena squeeze out when the lanes merged. I was caught and summoned for $130 and 4 pts.

Went down to TP Ubi to appeal and also told them that the double white line was ridiculous. They waive the points for me but still had to pay the fine albeit also reduced to $70.

Thankfully, a year back or so, they shortened the double white line to a much more manageable distance!

You went down personally? Wow Jin good luck. (in hokkien)

You went down personally? Wow Jin good luck. (in hokkien)

I thought had better chance to win if I appealled personally rather than thru writing. Also wanted to tell them the double line was ridiculous. They told me it was LTA who are in charge of this and I could write to them if I feel strongly on this.

• Praise 6

Crafty basterds, aren't they?

• Praise 1

Recently, saw a woman TP on a bike stop at road side for booking motorists. She is obviously overweight kind of enforcer on our road. She is a wow... Factor omg. As a TP, I was wondering if she could chase any speedster or theft during her duty? Public appearance absolute zero. Why didn't her superior recommend her to office bound?????

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 2

I also had my appeal rejected for driving at 115kmh on KJE exceeding speed limit by 25kmh.

I tot certain streches can go 120kmh???? [confused]

• Praise 1