LTA, Traffic Police will not easily accede to traffic summon

Zxcvb

smoking should be ban while the car is moving. Cos you are holding on to it

NEA, now is yr turn to flex yr muscle.

the current parliamentary session is ongoing regarding road traffic act..the best is to speak to your MP @ the M-P-S since your MP is representing the constituents..Sinkapor does not have straw polls before voting a bill into law

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

They are already back to agriculture liao. Recent report said that we are importing more European vegetables into Singapore.

Now Euro Zone economy stalls, high unemployement rate and this AM still so ya ya. Wait till China and Asian consumers market up and becmoe the biggest growth zones, US and other AM countries has no choice to revert back more or less to a manufacturing industry cater to this demand and depend on Asian ecomomies for their rice bowl then see how.

Feng Shui Luo Lu Zhuang

• Praise 1

Im hoping they tighten drink driving in Singapore. Too many cases and innocent ppl die. Like China, first timer will get a 2 weeks jail from the time being arrested and court case 2 weeks later.

• Praise 1

They are already back to agriculture liao. Recent report said that we are importing more European vegetables into Singapore.

Wah Conti Veg! Come come those very gian Conti one come buy more.

• Praise 1

don't know eat liao will have overheating problem a not? or gearbox cannot shift? Or stomach internal will melt under heat? [laugh]

• Praise 2

don't know eat liao will have overheating problem a not? or gearbox cannot shift? Or stomach internal will melt under heat? [laugh]

Ha ha some more see doctor must booked 2 months in advance lol. Sorry we are going OFT.

sinkies rarely buy 'conti' food because food cannot show off to others..however a conti marque is different

Mr Hri Kumar, MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, said: “Everyone knows that using phones while driving is not safe, so we comfort ourselves by saying that we can use hands-free devices. But there are many studies which claim that using hands-free devices is equally dangerous as using handheld devices. This is because the real distraction is the phone conversation, and it matters less that you have both hands on the wheel."

Non-Constituency MP Gerald Giam added: “According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, a driver is 4.9 times more likely to get into an accident when using a mobile phone while driving. Even using a hands-free accessory is not much safer - it has been found to increase the risk (of an accident) by 3.8 times.

“At a minimum, we should have a regulatory regime, where the most risky and distracting activities are clearly banned. While at the same time, the authorities constantly remind drivers through public education of the dangers of using their mobile phones while on the road.”

Mr Hri Kumar, talking cock.

I also know how to quote studies from overseas.

In a study published by Six7films, speed limits set too low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdbxX1pDw

• Praise 1

Im hoping they tighten drink driving in Singapore. Too many cases and innocent ppl die. Like China, first timer will get a 2 weeks jail from the time being arrested and court case 2 weeks later.

that was discussed in parliament last week or two weeks ago liao :D

• Praise 1

Who say cannot show off? Invite friends to your house and treat them to bowl of conti veg salad and say something like this,

"This bowl of veg I got from Cold storage, the supermarket told me that they are from France and very crunchy. Don't like those from Malaysia it taste soggy soggy."

i read that it was just intro...for those foreign drivers i think who drive vans etc

Parliament: Driving test a must for foreign workers who operate small buses and vans
PUBLISHED ON SEP 8, 2014 6:17 PM
16 53 0 0PRINTEMAIL
image-80914e.jpg
From June 1 next year, work permit holders and S-pass holders will need to pass a practical driving test - on top of the basic theory test - to drive light commercial vehicles in Singapore, under the Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill passed on Monday, Sept 8, 2014. -- PHOTO: ST FILE

BY LIM YI HAN

SINGAPORE - From June 1 next year, work permit holders and S-pass holders will need to pass a practical driving test - on top of the basic theory test - to drive all Class 3 vehicles in Singapore, under the Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill passed on Monday.

This class allows them to drive cars and light commercial vehicles such as small buses that do not weigh more than 2,500kg. Currently, they only need to pass the basic theory test in order to convert their foreign equivalent licence.

But if they want to just stick to cars, and not light commercial vehicles, they can apply for the new class 3C licence, in which they only need to pass their basic theory test.

Work pass holders who drive for work will also need to obtain a local driving licence within six months from the date they obtain their work passes from Jan 1, 2016. Previously, they can drive with a foreign licence for up to a year.

Senior Minister of State for Home Affairs Masagos Zulkifli said in Parliament on Monday: "Put together, these two changes will ensure that foreign vocational drivers are competent (and familiar) when they drive on our roads."

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/parliament-driving-test-must-foreign-workers-who-operate#sthash.QE99mykT.dpuf

Policy such as this is long overdue. Nevertheless, it is better late than never to prevent more incompetent foreign licence holders from driving commercial vehicles on our roads and endanger other road users.

• Praise 2

foreigner who pass basic theory but have not sat for actual driving test.

good to ensure all the FW/FT understand the traffic rules and way of driving in singapore.

thot this was oredi in place? understanding no enuf, mus take driving test to demonstrate that understanding.

• Praise 1

i fully support. See this? Diplomat still bully LTA enforcer.....

I came across a foreigner driving an embassy car number plate car who is extremely rude to a elderly LTA officer that is just doing his job. It was at Holland Village area and the foreign expat was throwing vulgarities and threatening to get our LTA officer fired when he is actually parking illegally at a zigzag line area.

He was abusing the LTA officer and making remarks about his dark skin colour when he was driving off. Sorry my camera is not very good so the video and audio is not very clear.

Basically all the elderly LTA officer is doing is just asking him to move his car away. But the caucasian guy talks like he is some big shot and say how dare he tells him what to do. He also say he will get the old uncle fired.

How can a foreigner behave like this in our country? I really feel like punching the guy. The worse of all, the guy girlfriend seems to be a Singaporean Chinese women and she seems to be oblivious to what the boyfriend is doing and did not interfere to help the old man.

Update 8/9/2014:

Many of our readers have identified that the country code on the car plate belongs to the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands. One of our readers even contacted the Dutch embassy and this is the response from them:

NAFCfE5.png

What kind of society are we turning into? This incident really spoils my day!

Watch the video recording for yourself here. (link)

[media]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=838005172911318&set=vb.416856241692882&type=2&theater[/media]

typical "abuse of authority". y i quoted this was authority was never meant to be abused in the 1st place. he was no better than Ionescu (hope i've spelt correctly).

i wonder did embassies brief their diplomats on code of conduct & do's & don'ts in the country of attachment, not only in driving. rightfully, by virtue of their positions, they should have acquired a certain level of sensitivity and self-awareness.

• Praise 2

I recently also got my appeal rejected...for travelling on Jln Ahmad Ibrahim towards AYE at 101km/h. I tot its 90km/h road but they summon me for 21km/h more as they state its 80km/h road...problem is I dont find any sign stating its 80km/h....unless all expressways are 80km/h unless stated to be 90km/h

...have lah, see properly as you going up after cooperation road.iirc...on the right side is the 80 km/h sign...I travel AYE everyday toward pioneer north.

• Praise 2

...have lah, see properly as you going up after cooperation road.iirc...on the right side is the 80 km/h sign...I travel AYE everyday toward pioneer north.

I was travelling the other direction. I enter from Tues West towards AYE. No sign post.

• Praise 1

I was travelling the other direction. I enter from Tues West towards AYE. No sign post.

cannot assume, i also thought whole stretch of PIE was 90km/h, until i received a warning letter that i did 92km/h on 80km/h road [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1