How Singaporean Are You? Take the Quiz!

1fast1

where got like that ask.............show that you never take the quiz at all..................sld be

what is the meaning of Hum chee?

a) a cowardly person.

b) one kind of ham.

c) a seed from the hum tree.

[laugh] [laugh]

I learned from ATB's translation wan............ [gorgeous]

Hero is 英 雄 [thumbsup]

Coward is 狗 熊 [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

Ah, if used mainly in Chinese drama, that explains it. :D

shaddap lah, u onli know coconut tree..and porker chase u [smash][smash]

I scored 8 over 7.

u farking new citizen

this one do in your ENTRANCE exam right [blush]

Wah! Your kids use "sibei" in front of u???!!!

Wat next... "Oei, lau A... Mar-bo red!!!"

not only they use sibei................KNN...cb and LJ also got................i hear them using with their friends sometimes............

sibei i can accept............but the rest I will scold if I hear........... [laugh] [laugh]

funny thing is ...............the kids just use them like normal............and they don't learn this at home............even the school's top children uses such language these days...............and is pri school mind you....... :huh:[:/]

anyway.........I think as they grow up there will be a stage where I will have to accept their language............so as long as they know what it means and when can use when cannot use................I am ok with it......... [laugh]

Local: Where's the nearest 7-11

Foreign: Where's the nearest convenience store.

for us convenience store is mamak store

Phew!!! Tks bro!!!

Now I am beginning to start believing in my analogy again! Hahaha...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AHEAD! CHEERS!!!

be sure to drop by NTUC..........tiagong ntuc veg belly cheap...........have a great weekend......... [laugh] [laugh]

Yeah but in other global cities, at least 2-3 major brands of convenience store. SG now only has one, 7-11.

Haha no more Econ minimart,

Cheers ok lah, but i only see in gas stations or hospitals lol.

I learned from ATB's translation wan............ [gorgeous]

Hero is 英 雄 [thumbsup]

Coward is 狗 熊 [thumbsdown]

cfm this ATB is BTC one.........want to learn also learn something more refine mah....

hero is 英雄,英豪,好汉

coward is 懦夫,但小

狗熊 is a bear leh...........bear also got brave bear and coward bear what...........

aiyoyo............ <_<

Hypersonic

not only they use sibei................KNN...cb and LJ also got................i hear them using with their friends sometimes............

sibei i can accept............but the rest I will scold if I hear...........

funny thing is ...............the kids just use them like normal............and they don't learn this at home............even the school's top children uses such language these days...............and is pri school mind you....... :huh:[:/]

anyway.........I think as they grow up there will be a stage where I will have to accept their language............so as long as they know what it means and when can use when cannot use................I am ok with it......... [laugh]

That shows you never teach them properly. -_-

Not teaching them to say the words is right but not correcting them after they use it is wrong lah. 养不教父子过 [rolleyes]

Not Mari Kita Ya, Ya Singapura [confused]

All tks to u, now I know the real lyric should be rakyat instead of ya ya!

Cheers pal! Enjoy yr weekend

Mamak store aka mama diam...

101% Singapore Lang!

Sad to see this trade dying soon... Can't see them ard anymore in new estate!

Have a nice weekend pal!

Yeah but in other global cities, at least 2-3 major brands of convenience store. SG now only has one, 7-11.

Haha no more Econ minimart,

Cheers ok lah, but i only see in gas stations or hospitals lol.

Econ still have lah, albeit getting lesser thou.... Still can find in old estate.

They are dying off juz like mamak stores...

easy peasy lemon squeezy

N8ed1gB.png

Hi pal!

Where u learn this "easy peasy lemon squeezy" from???

I only learnt of it recently from my 5yo girl! (Yes! She heard it from her fren)

• Praise 5

That shows you never teach them properly. -_-

Not teaching them to say the words is right but not correcting them after they use it is wrong lah. 养不教父子过 [rolleyes]

different school of thoughts...........

i allow them to learn the street language........they know they cannot use it in front of me.......but they will know the meaning and when someone use it on them they will not look at them with an open mouth.........and be laugh at....

teaching them to study hard and be polite and understanding is one thing.................that is the general thing..........teaching them to be street smart is another thing totally.........

子不教父之过........son is not street smart because father never teach.....

幼不学,老何为.......dont learn when he is young......how to catch up when he gets old.......

just like I tell my son.........never never start a fight..........but when a fight comes to you............you have only one option...that is make sure the fellow goes down............dont come back crying........

-_- -_-

• Praise 1

different school of thoughts...........

i allow them to learn the street language........they know they cannot use it in front of me.......but they will know the meaning and when someone use it on them they will not look at them with an open mouth.........and be laugh at....

teaching them to study hard and be polite and understanding is one thing.................that is the general thing..........teaching them to be street smart is another thing totally.........

子不教父之过........son is not street smart because father never teach.....

幼不学,老何为.......dont learn when he is young......how to catch up when he gets old.......

just like I tell my son.........never never start a fight..........but when a fight comes to you............you have only one option...that is make sure the fellow goes down............dont come back crying........

-_- -_-

[thumbsup][thumbsup] any country got their culture! if our own culture cannot understand very malu!!

with singlish, sometimes we also learn other languages like malay.. which may come in handy if travel to our neighboring countries..

• Praise 3

I didn't know "calefare" exactly. [bigcry]

You very jialat, "calefare" also dunno.

:D :D

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement