Car still drifts to left after alignment

Prodiguy02

Haha..

I remembered a few months ago when I brought the car for oil change, the mech at Autobacs mentioned that one of my shock absorber or suspension (can't rem) was leaking oil. I also forgot which side he mentioned liao.

Which one of this is the one that leaks oil?

↡ Advertisement

Haha..

I remembered a few months ago when I brought the car for oil change, the mech at Autobacs mentioned that one of my shock absorber or suspension (can't rem) was leaking oil. I also forgot which side he mentioned liao.

Which one of this is the one that leaks oil?

my 'PERSONAL' comment, autobacs the knife very sharp,lol <_<

my 'PERSONAL' comment, autobacs the knife very sharp,lol <_<

Eh... u also have same experience? Seems like everytime I go there for servicing, they will discover something faulty! Of the 2 times I went, they discovered my tyre puncture.

Dear forumners,

Recently I have just changed my 4 tyres. After changing, I realized that the car will drift slightly to the left in a short moment. Previously it wasn't like that, I could go straight for as long as I wanted without even literally touching the steering wheel. A week later I went to do a wheel alignment and the person gave me a paper saying  "L -0.41 , R -1.12". After alignment, the car was still drifting to the left without much improvement.

I asked the mechanic what was the problem, and he showed me that the front left tyre is nearer to the door than the front right tyre.

May I know what causes this, and what can I ask the next mechanic to check on?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

So has you found the problem?

Mine also drift to the left after alignment.

I just changed my left drive shaft cover and did a wheel alignment. then after that keep drifiting to the left liao.

Turbocharged

Used to have this problem but solved after i went to do my wheel alignment at Kian Teong Auto.

I am not affiliated with that workshop nor am i a regular customer there.

• Praise 1

Used to have this problem but solved after i went to do my wheel alignment at Kian Teong Auto.

I am not affiliated with that workshop nor am i a regular customer there.

you mean you did wheel alignment elsewhere then got problem. only after you went to Kian Teong Auto then resolved?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yup.

you mean you did wheel alignment elsewhere then got problem. only after you went to Kian Teong Auto then resolved?

Yup.

[shocked]

haiz...think need to pay another $50 to do wheel alignment...

but anyone knows what's the problem? poor workmanship? sloppy work?

Turbocharged

No idea. Went to Kenny, Autokinetics also same. Ended up trying Kian Teong and they solved the problem for me.

[shocked]

haiz...think need to pay another $50 to do wheel alignment...

but anyone knows what's the problem? poor workmanship? sloppy work?

Recently I went to Sim Huat tyres to do wheel alignment, bcuz the front tyres suddenly wear out.

They found a lower arm bushing worn out.

But they still charge me for alignment.

I had to do the repair, but didn't go back to them, bcuz the w/s sent it elsewhere to align.

I think Sim Huat is ok. Had they not discovered the worn bushing, it would have been an alignment in futility.

my 'PERSONAL'  comment, autobacs the knife very sharp,lol <_<

My friend changed a Michelin Primacy 225/55r17 there for $370 per tyre 2 years ago.

Upside to brand new 18" rims few weeks ago at another tyre shop together with new sets of 245/45r18 at $2000.. paid $1000 aka $250 per 18" tyre.

Very strange on Autobacs pricing.

Turbocharged

I am no mechanic so i do not know the details. All i know is they also do alignment on the Hunter machine and after that the drive does not pull to the left.

bro, can elaborate how they solve? Tia.

wheel alignment is no rocket science but yet charged premium for this service.

it's simply overhyped.

thats why i never do it in singapore. jb only charges RM42 using hunter machine [grin]

Edited by Jumpmanz