Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?

SGCM_editorial

Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. At $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Porsche Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

• Yes
    • No

Models, not makes, but fair enough. Of course it can't be someone with a Cayenne, that's equally ridiculous. And a Panamera is on the borderline. Just the 911, Cayman and Boxster owners, and I think the latter (possibly the latter two) will be too embarrassed to be scoffing much. So that just leaves the 911 owners to do the scoffing, if they're so inclined. [laugh]

Cayman, not Cayenne. Damn typo.

↡ Advertisement

The Macan is the sixth model in Porsche's lineup, and will sit just below the Cayenne in the family hierarchy. Conceived to be the 'sports car' of its segment, the new Macan embodies the sporting DNA of the Stuttgart automaker.

The base variant features a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine - the smallest in Porsche's current lineup - and packs 237bhp. But at $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

Wahlao, w/o COE $218,888 :angry:

Porsche, you are joking or think Singaporean all are fools

even if $218,888 with COE, I also do not consider,

same category I rather go for XC60, Lexus NX200, even Subaru Forster (240bhp/350Nm) doesn't lose New Macan on performance at all, but price almost cheaper 130k

Edited by Quantum

Wahlao, w/o COE $218,888 :angry:

Porsche, you are joking or think Singaporean all are fools

even if $218,888 with COE, I also do not consider,

same category I rather go for XC60, Lexus NX200, even Subaru Forster (240bhp/350Nm) doesn't lose New Macan on performance at all, but price almost cheaper 130k

In Japan, it is selling @ JPY 6.16mn. Excluding Japanese VAT, it would be JPY 5.7mn, which is equivalent to S$70k. Why not?

Other than NX, the rest is not in the same class lah.

Look at Evoque. It is in the same league le.

If money is not an object , i reckon it's a reasonable buy, must clarify it has major issue on service/ maintenance

Porky car are like all conti, nice to drive and show-off, one must have deep pocket.

The badge speaks for itself.

If money is not an object , i reckon it's a reasonable buy, must clarify it has major issue on service/ maintenance

Porky car are like all conti, nice to drive and show-off, one must have deep pocket.

Read above. 5 yrs maintenace program. If scare, change car every 5 yrs.

yup warranty is a must coz the spare parts are freaking expensive...

ahemmmm......u comparing a subaru forestor to a porsche macan?? [dizzy][dizzy]

has a boxer engine what... more pure than the audi sourced 4-pot in the Macan [:p]

• Praise 1

From almost all online reviews, the Macan is one of the best "sporty SUV" in terms of drive and luxury. So if you are into SUV and you like to drive fast, then yes, it is a good buy.

But why buy SUV to drive fast?

If want fast, then just get a fast car; if want SUV then just get a real SUV. Mixing the 2 will get you compromise and a half-bred [shakehead] .

• Praise 2

I hope it's really successful and many, many people all over Singapore and the world buy the Macan.

It will mean more money for Porsche to develop their sports and racing cars which is always a good thing.

has a boxer engine what... more pure than the audi sourced 4-pot in the Macan [:p]

doesn't matter if the scoobie has a flux capacitor, it ain't a porker -_- (and i dun mean the MCF ah gua)....... :D

• Praise 1

Halo, most of the expensive SUV are not off-roader.

Sometime, ppl ask this kind of question to show that they have $$$.

It is not a question per se.

Haha! Kay kay ask one.

:D

• Praise 1

If people want to buy a Porche just show off,

might as well buy a Ferrari and not those

model car type, a full szie working Ferrari

that you can use on the road. Only $699

:D

post-23002-0-51856300-1407826881_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Why think of buying porsche SUV the first place ? for what ? off road ? better go with land rover brand since well known for their off road feature...

i only think of porsche when i see a VW beetle [:p]

Edited by Ewolf
  • Praise 1

To me, the Range Rover Evoque is a better choice. Not sure about performance but looks nicer.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2