2015 Volvo S60

Angcheek

You wun go wrong with either but T5 is preferred.

Consider the max passenger weight in a T2 vs a T5 when analysing your options.

↡ Advertisement

Sad to say that i was ready to go for T5 but was veto out by family when i brought them for the test drive... haiz....

Heart goes for T5 but then again have to make sure my passengers are happy as well.....

Anyway, Thanks for the inputs.  So close ....  yet so far......

T5 is no doubt a very good car.... and the polestar tuning is so tempting!  

Supersonic

Sad to say that i was ready to go for T5 but was veto out by family when i brought them for the test drive... haiz....

Heart goes for T5 but then again have to make sure my passengers are happy as well.....

You still can't resist the temptation... [laugh]

Anyway, Thanks for the inputs. So close .... yet so far......

Wah.. how come they rejected the T5?

Wah.. how come they rejected the T5?

They prefer a different SUV ride as compared to the present sedan. Have to look for something else within the budget...

They prefer a different SUV ride as compared to the present sedan. Have to look for something else within the budget...

Then they better pay their share for the car hor

Twincharged

Those that had the polestar fine the tunning rather lacking 

Those that had the polestar fine the tunning rather lacking

Racechip can liao, only about 15 percent of Polestar price (in my case) for about 45 HP increase. Polestar for the S60 T5 only increase 10 horses?

(edited)

Racechip can liao, only about 15 percent of Polestar price (in my case) for about 45 HP increase. Polestar for the S60 T5 only increase 10 horses?

T5 Drive-E Automatic FWD 2018 

Original:       245bhp / 350Nm

Optimised:  253bhp / 400Nm

It is a mere 8hp and a respectable 50Nm gain. I don't see it as only number increase, it is optimizing the Drive E which makes the drive more engaging.

My previous ride is chipped, definitely feels faster. But like every other tuning chip, they can tune the engine, but will most likely leave the gearbox as status quo. In the long run, this is detrimental to the gearbox.

Though I must add, once you passed a certain amount of power increase, the stock gearbox has to be mechanically upgraded, as with engine internals, intercooler, turbos and many more.

Five optimisations, one powerful package

1. Throttle Response

The throttle response has been recalibrated to provide improved feedback and accelerator reaction - ideal for overtaking or during active driving on a twisty road.

2. Off-Throttle Response*

The engine and gearbox have been calibrated to provide faster responses when the driver suddenly lifts off the throttle, providing improved predictability and control. *Automatic gearbox only

3.Gearshift Speed*

The gearshift speed has been increased, allowing the car to accelerate faster and react more directly to driver input. *Automatic gearbox only

4.Gearshift Precision*

The gearshift has been optimised to provide a more precise driving experience with faster acceleration. Gearshift points have been calibrated to utilise the optimised mid-range engine performance, while the gear hold function maintains the same gear (wherever possible) when cornering with high lateral g-force. *Automatic gearbox only

5. Engine Performance*

All Drive-E optimisations are made to provide greater performance in the engine’s mid-range power band - perfect for the sporty driver when overtaking, entering a highway or exiting a corner. *Automatic gearbox only

Edited by Tommisan
  • Praise 2

Better think and rethink before buying...

Speaking as a Volvo user, a S60, the car has been extremely unreliable. Nightmare driving it.

My car in the 4th year, had a major engine breakdown and needed replacement. Before that, there are oil leaks, and changes of gaskets etc.

After the engine was replaced, immediately, the clutch totally failed and needed total replacement.

And shortly after, the gearbox failed and needed total replacement, all within a short 1.5 years!

Basically that, I went back for numerous times of Oil Leaks from the engine, from the Clutch, and change of Engine Mount. It was a nightmare.

And its totally painful liaising with Volvo Workshop on all these.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Better think and rethink before buying...

Speaking as a Volvo user, a S60, the car has been extremely unreliable. Nightmare driving it.

My car in the 4th year, had a major engine breakdown and needed replacement. Before that, there are oil leaks, and changes of gaskets etc.

After the engine was replaced, immediately, the clutch totally failed and needed total replacement.

And shortly after, the gearbox failed and needed total replacement, all within a short 1.5 years!

Basically that, I went back for numerous times of Oil Leaks from the engine, from the Clutch, and change of Engine Mount. It was a nightmare.

And its totally painful liaising with Volvo Workshop on all these.

You created an account here just to bash Volvo?

• Praise 1

The hate is strong with this one.

Strange that he / she said volvo workshop instead of wearnes or sm. The lingo choice already raised my eyebrow. [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Strange that he / she said volvo workshop instead of wearnes or sm. The lingo choice already raised my eyebrow. [laugh]

Its serviced by Wearnes.

The hate is strong with this one.

Oh yes, that’s a good way to describe it... Two years of pain... Patience has run out...

A similar thread appears at hardwarezone forum car section. Same person?

You bet.. Good to share and build some awareness...