2015 Volvo S60

Angcheek

Twincharged

Depends on what one is looking for in a car and also personality and the reasons for getting a car.

People say, some professions like docs and lawyers get Volvo bec they treasure Safety first and foremost.

Businessmen need batch, so mercs and younger folks with full of fire and energy need the ultimate driving machine, BMW

So would think top 3 reasons why people choose Volvo would be

Safety

Cabin Comfort

Solid Build

Minor reasons would include

cost, cheaper than Merc/BMW

Driving pattern

external looks etc 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

guys, can kindly share your views what is it of Volvo the 1 thing that you like or makes you willing to comeup 6 figs to buy?

I like the Wearnes/SMotor AD service center (but a buyer to be won't necessarily know that until he's gotten 1), somewhat the angular Volvo signature design, the solid safety of course hence bought 1 3 yrs ago for wife as family drive but she hates it so much (especially the big bad turning radius) I drove it instead & she took my sportscar as daily ride swapped..

If it wasn't the 300bhp & below 6s performance plus sound, I too wouldn't have survived the ride for years till now..so some good thoughts of your vol. ride pl., as my nice gather of your comments in fondness of having sold my loud R-design version. 

23873619.jpg

Depends on what one is looking for in a car and also personality and the reasons for getting a car.

People say, some professions like docs and lawyers get Volvo bec they treasure Safety first and foremost.

Businessmen need batch, so mercs and younger folks with full of fire and energy need the ultimate driving machine, BMW

Safety

Cabin Comfort

Solid Build

Driving pattern

external looks etc 

i thought docs go for porsche? oh what the heck, docs can go for any car

Edited by Lotr

23873619.jpg

i thought docs go for porsche? oh what the heck, docs can go for any car

Only rich docs go for Porsche and so prob can also see in orchard road hospitals

Porsche not a common sighting when we visit our government polyclinics or hospitals  

Honda and Toyota now way way ahead in sales

So Japanese cars still most common for any job

• Praise 9

Safety

Cabin Comfort

Solid Build

Driving pattern

external looks etc 

Wowo S60 has low OMV.

under $30k..

That's explains..

• Praise 7

Anyone book the S60 T2 for $125K last weekend at EXPO?

Just sharing...

Thought the price of this car is about right. Imo, price is about the same as Camry 2.0 and Teana 2.0 though this had higher depreciation due to lower ARF. Thought the couple of hundred bucks can be compensated since Volvo has got a good reputation for mini tank.

Chat with the SE also, realised that they are quite sticky on loan amount (think is 5 years, 80k) and wants your used car at scrap value . Mine still had a life span of 1.3 years. Thought too good to throw at them at scrap value. I think worth giving them if like got 3 - 5 months left while waiting for Coe.

Also.. No freebies offered by SE to entice the deal, or he don't like me.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

rice price of 125k for s60 T2 is reasonable in today's market

But not a direct comparison with Camry and teana bec these jap cars have more hp

The interest rate for Volvo usually higher and they do not usually do trade ins or provide over trade

So better to sell your old car on your own, 1.3 years old  left jap cars  can get decent price

Nothing to do with whether you are handsome or not, its all about business

So sure got freebies lah, unless you appear too Green [nod]  [bounce2]

Just sharing...

Thought the price of this car is about right. Imo, price is about the same as Camry 2.0 and Teana 2.0 though this had higher depreciation due to lower ARF. Thought the couple of hundred bucks can be compensated since Volvo has got a good reputation for mini tank.

Chat with the SE also, realised that they are quite sticky on loan amount (think is 5 years, 80k) and wants your used car at scrap value . Mine still had a life span of 1.3 years. Thought too good to throw at them at scrap value. I think worth giving them if like got 3 - 5 months left while waiting for Coe.

Also.. No freebies offered by SE to entice the deal, or he don't like me.

• Praise 7

But not a direct comparison with Camry and teana bec these jap cars have more hp

The interest rate for Volvo usually higher and they do not usually do trade ins or provide over trade

So better to sell your old car on your own, 1.3 years old left jap cars can get decent price

So sure got freebies lah, unless you appear too Green [nod][bounce2]

Agreed. And maybe comfort and spaciousness.

Agreed that can get better price for used car if selling on my own... Problem hor.... The se say must trade in used car, else top up.. Hear Liao, Sianz half. .. Must admit me bad negotiator.

• Praise 1

hmm... how to get loan $80K when the max loan is only 50% of the $125K? interesting...

• Praise 1

hmm... how to get loan $80K when the max loan is only 50% of the $125K? interesting...

$125k??? its a good price.... I missed that ...

• Praise 1

The nett price to you is 125k. My guess is the loan is based on list price which is much higher and then there will be discounts/over trades etc. according to Volvo price list from sg carmart it shows 155k
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Wearnes rarely plays this trade in or overtrade game

No such thing as must trade in or else top up.

Bec this depends on age of your car and the price they give u for your used car 

You quote 125k without trade in give the cheque on the spot and let us know if they will take it [laugh]

Agreed. And maybe comfort and spaciousness.

Agreed that can get better price for used car if selling on my own... Problem hor.... The se say must trade in used car, else top up.. Hear Liao, Sianz half. .. Must admit me bad negotiator.

• Praise 6

The nett price to you is 125k. My guess is the loan is based on list price which is much higher and then there will be discounts/over trades etc. according to Volvo price list from sg carmart it shows 155k

Don't need to guess, you are 110% right.

But they do offer an over trade for your vehicle, was offered 4K

Hope this help

• Praise 1

Don't need to guess, you are 110% right.

But they do offer an over trade for your vehicle, was offered 4K

Hope this help

One way or another the ADs need to boost sales and loans(they earn a cut of the interest) so there are roundabout ways. Over trade/balloon scheme etc

One way or another the ADs need to boost sales and loans(they earn a cut of the interest) so there are roundabout ways. Over trade/balloon scheme etc

Definitely, that's explain why you have more vv nowadays

The interest rate for Volvo usually higher and they do not usually do trade ins or provide over trade

So better to sell your old car on your own, 1.3 years old  left jap cars  can get decent price

So sure got freebies lah, unless you appear too Green [nod]  [bounce2]

the drive and torque for a turbo vs the japs is quite different.

I wont bet on the higher HP being a better car.

↡ Advertisement