MAS Crashes in Ukraine - MH17

Porker

If it is true that the Russia backed separatists shot down the flight, Russia has a major PR disaster to control. :huh:

Any leader that can make that kind of public statement will be an international outcast.

His followers may start having second thoughts about their leader if he goes making statements like that and expressing no remorse or sympathy for the innocents.

Another terrorist.

• Praise 3

its also a 777.

even stranger is this video of IMF's christine lagarde talking abt number 7 earlier this year....

& a comment in the link below:

"Malaysian Airlines flight that crashed today over Ukraine had 295 passengers on board: 2+9+5=16 1+6=7. That's odd.."

I thought report say 298 on board?

• Praise 1

If its proven to be the separatists that shot down the MAS plan, they've just dug their own grave - if Russia did arm them, they armed them to fight for separation from Ukraine, not knock down random airliners belonging to uninvolved nations (and Malaysia is a customer of Russian military hardware). It is unlikely that the Russians can continue to support them.

There was an unverified comment on https://my.news.yahoo.com/-mh17--malaysia-airlines-flight-mh17-crash---live-report-161739674.html that Putin's presidential plane was in the same region and could have been the target (probably trying to further the theory that the Ukrainians fired the missile).

Quoted from source:

WAS PUTIN FLIGHT THE TARGET?

Malaysian Airlines MH17 plane was travelling almost the same route as Russia’s President Vladimir Putin’s jet shortly before the crash that killed 295, Interfax news agency reports citing sources.

I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft – 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.

“The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical”, the source added.

President Putin was on his way from Brazil, where he attended the BRICS summit, to Moscow.

A Ukrainian army battalion of Buk air defense systems was deployed near the city of Donetsk a day before the crash of a Malaysian passenger plane on Thursday, making the downing of the aircraft by one of the missiles highly probable, an expert source said.

"According to reconnaissance data, a Ukrainian army battalion of Buk air defense systems was deployed near Donetsk on Wednesday morning,” the source said.

Earlier the same day, adviser to the Ukrainian Interior Minister wrote on his Facebook page that a Buk surface-to-air missile system was indeed used to down the plane, but insisted that the self-defense forces had done that.

On July 14, Kiev announced that its missile defense forces in the east Ukrainian combat area were put on alert to “fight off Russian aggressors.” “I guess this combat readiness did its job,” he noted. local defense forces are not capable of bringing down airliners that usually don’t go lower than 8,000 to 10,000 meters. Boroday said that missile systems at their disposal couldn’t launch a rocket higher than 2,500-3,000 meters. Boroday also extended “deep condolences” to those bereaved by the tragic crash of the Boeing jet and vowed to conduct an objective investigation “involving international experts.”

Flight controllers reported that the plane disappeared from radar screens while flying at an altitude of about 10,000 meters (some 33,000 feet).

But, if it was really the separatists that fired the missile, and Putin's plane was nearby as well, I don't think he would have been pleased to have been near any sort of flying missile.

the separatist said that they did the job

they also said they got the sam stuff after capturing ukrian airport

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I thought report say 298 on board?

ya hor i read abt 3 infants onboard therefore 295+3 lol.

anyway just some trivia since so many 7s

this event could be the "sparks" that will start a war b/w Russia and the West.

I don't think the West has any interest to start a war with Russia, nothing to gain everything to lose. [hur]

http://www.businessinsider.sg/igor-strelkov-comments-on-malaysia-mh17-2014-7/

Pro-Russian Rebel Leader: ‘We Have Warned Them — Not To Fly In “Our Sky”‘
Christina SterbenzMilitary & Defense Jul. 18, 2014, 3:57 AM

igor-strelkov.jpg?maxX=480

AP Photo/Dmitry Lovetsky

Igor Strelkov, a pro-Russian separatist commander

Russian leader of separatist “Lugansk People Republic” Igor Strelkov posted a statement on Russia’s largest social network that may help explain what happened to Malaysia Airlines flight 17 on Thursday morning.

The Ukrainian Crisis Media Center shared and translated a screenshot of Strelkov’s comment, shown below, on Facebook.

Strelkov, also known as Girkin, posted on Thursday at 9:50 am EST on VKontakte, Russia’s version of Facebook. Most notably, he wrote, “We have warned them — not to fly in ‘our sky.’” The word Strelkov used for sky “небо,” can also mean “heavens,” hinting at pro-Russian rebels’ strong claim to the area.

Strelkov also referenced a shot down “AN-26,” a Ukrainian military transport plane. He put that crash somewhere near a mine called “Progress,” located in Torez, the same city where the Malaysia passenger plane reportedly crashed. Thus, the Crisis center noted the terrorists likely mistook MH flight 17 for the Ukrainian aircraft.

Ukrainian officials also accused pro-Russian separatist rebels of shooting down an AN-26 on Monday. They’ve already shot down multiple other planes this month.

Strelkov’s statement also mentions a plane “Su,” which likely refers to the Su-25 war plane shot down in Ukraine Thursday morning, in addition to flight MH 17.

Expect secret or not-so-secret initiatives to take out the "Perpetrators"...

i think krelimin people ownself will clean up their own house

rather ownself do than other people do

the separatist said that they did the job

they also said they got the sam stuff after capturing ukrian airport

Yeah, I posted that link not knowing the latest development.

Turbocharged

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/17/world/europe/malaysia-airlines-crash-missile/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

"Such weapons travel with Russian troops at the division level, Francona said.

"So the Russians on the other side of the Ukrainian border will have all of this weaponry available to them," he said.

Other possibilities include Russian-made S-200 missiles that are operated by the Ukrainian military as well as the Russian S-300 and S-400 missiles. The latter weapons are the Russian equivalent of U.S. Patriot missile defense batteries.

What seems unlikely is that pro-Russia separatists might have gained control of such a sophisticated piece of weaponry and used it to shoot down an airliner, Ryan said.

"It takes a lot of training and a lot of coordination to fire one of these and hit something," he said.

Typically, a surface-to-air battery missile consists of a command post vehicle, a radar vehicle, several self-propelled launchers, loader vehicles and even more vehicles to carry new missiles to the batteries as necessary, according to Dan Wasserbly, Americas editor for IHS Jane's.

Ryan concludes then that if the plane really was shot down, a professional military force -- either on purpose or by accident -- was responsible."

i donno whether the so called separatist chaps are actually russians army chaps doing black ops

if not how they know how to operate all these sam things

reminds me of the movie where 2 usa planes kena sam over some eastern europe site

the the pilot got to escape on foot for long distance

Behind Enemy Lines with Owen Wilson

Good movie [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/separatist-leader-igor-strelkov-tells-vk-a-bird-fell/story-e6frg95x-1226993041738?nk=e4c3e2535dbe53b7f324d1c071d21cc1

Separatist leader Igor Strelkov tells VK a ‘bird fell’

• by:
  • July 18, 20148:02AM

A SOCIAL media site attributed to a top Ukrainian rebel commander says the insurgents had shot down an army transporter at the location where a Malaysia Airlines plane crashed near the Russian border.

The comments by the commander of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic suggest the separatists shot down the Malaysia Airlines plane by mistake, believing it was a large Ukrainian army transport plane.

“We just downed an An-26 near Torez. It is down near the Progress mine,” said the VK page attributed to Igor Strelkov, which is frequently quoted by Ukrainian media.

The rebels shot down another An-26 in rebel-held eastern Ukraine on June 14, killing 49 government servicemen.

The website did not identify the weapon used to down the plane, which Ukrainian officials said had been flying at an altitude of about 10,000 metres.

But a post on the official Twitter account of the Donetsk People’s Republic, and later removed, claimed that the separatists earlier had seized a missile system called Buk from the Ukrainian army, capable of downing a jet at that altitude.

“dnrpress: self-propelled Buk surface-to-air missile systems have been seized by the DNR from (Ukrainian) surface-to-air missile regiment A1402,’’ said the post.

The Buk system’s Russian maker, Almaz-Altey, says the missile can hit targets at an altitude of up to 25 kilometres.

The post attributed to Strelkov notes that separatist fighters “had warned (the Ukrainian armed forces) not to fly in our sky”.

“And here is a video confirming that a ‘bird fell’,” said the post.

The website then provides a link that is identical to that published by Ukrainian media in reports about the Malaysia Airlines jet.

The video shows locals referring to the Progress coal mine mentioned by Strelkov.

Yeah, I posted that link not knowing the latest development.

i hope his russian boss clean up his arse deep deeeeeeeeepppppppppp

If it is true that the Russia backed separatists shot down the flight, Russia has a major PR disaster to control. :huh:

Its not the first time Russia has directly or indirectly shot down a civilan plane.

They also shot down KAL 007 in 1983.

US has a history of building planes and Russia has a history of shooting them down.

:D

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/17/world/europe/malaysia-airlines-crash-missile/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

"Such weapons travel with Russian troops at the division level, Francona said.

"So the Russians on the other side of the Ukrainian border will have all of this weaponry available to them," he said.

Other possibilities include Russian-made S-200 missiles that are operated by the Ukrainian military as well as the Russian S-300 and S-400 missiles. The latter weapons are the Russian equivalent of U.S. Patriot missile defense batteries.

What seems unlikely is that pro-Russia separatists might have gained control of such a sophisticated piece of weaponry and used it to shoot down an airliner, Ryan said.

"It takes a lot of training and a lot of coordination to fire one of these and hit something," he said.

Typically, a surface-to-air battery missile consists of a command post vehicle, a radar vehicle, several self-propelled launchers, loader vehicles and even more vehicles to carry new missiles to the batteries as necessary, according to Dan Wasserbly, Americas editor for IHS Jane's.

Ryan concludes then that if the plane really was shot down, a professional military force -- either on purpose or by accident -- was responsible."

siang ho these so called separatists shoot down their own russian planes