Recommendation for solar film

Eric76

Turbocharged

Done the platinum series. Good enough for me.

how dark is the Platinum and Platinum99? The website says things like up to 99% IR and UV, but I don't want that if it means the film is dark.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

It's not dark enough for me. Can be darker. 

The film passes LTA specs.

how dark is the Platinum and Platinum99? The website says things like up to 99% IR and UV, but I don't want that if it means the film is dark.

(edited)

Mine is 70 VLT in front, 25VLT at the back, i.e. legal.

The front will have lower rejection rate (80% I think) compared to the back which will be 99%+.

Edited by Mason016

Turbocharged

It's not dark enough for me. Can be darker. 

The film passes LTA specs.

I'd prefer to keep all VLT above 70%... or 80% even. My windows are already of darkened glass except for the front windshield. What I'm looking for is heat rejection and glare reduction without the dark tint because I don't want to affect night time visibility.

Do you remember the ratings they told you for your film?

Mine is 70 VLT in front, 25VLT at the back, i.e. legal.

The front will have lower rejection rate (80% I think) compared to the back which will be 99%+.

That's too dark for me. I used to sit in a car with 25% rear windows and cannot see anything outside at night.

If Platinum99 only comes with 25% rear windows, then it's probably not the package I'm looking for.

But 3M Crystalline is also very expensive, although that one offers very high VLT ratings... the solar energy rejection is low (<50%), but the claim is 90+% IR and UV. Hmm.

Turbocharged

I do not remember the settings but i feel my rear film VLT rate is just a bit lesser then the front. Thats why i intend to overlay the rear with a darker film to mmake it all 25%.

I'd prefer to keep all VLT above 70%... or 80% even. My windows are already of darkened glass except for the front windshield. What I'm looking for is heat rejection and glare reduction without the dark tint because I don't want to affect night time visibility.

That's too dark for me. I used to sit in a car with 25% rear windows and cannot see anything outside at night.

If Platinum99 only comes with 25% rear windows, then it's probably not the package I'm looking for.

But 3M Crystalline is also very expensive, although that one offers very high VLT ratings... the solar energy rejection is low (<50%), but the claim is 90+% IR and UV. Hmm.

You can select the type of VLT you want.  The package not set in stone. 

Despite the low VLT, you can see quite clearly. It's not dark on the inside.

If you are going to do 3M crystalline, I suggest you use the provider at Eunos, Kaki Bukit.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Any idea how much 3M Crystalline is? I went to check out COOL'N'LITE today. Based on the simulator system can really feel the heat reduction, but dunno if the simulator is rigged [:p]

@Mason016, does Infratint Platinum99 have a 80+% VLT version?

(edited)

Any idea how much 3M Crystalline is? I went to check out COOL'N'LITE today. Based on the simulator system can really feel the heat reduction, but dunno if the simulator is rigged [:p]

@Mason016, does Infratint Platinum99 have a 80+% VLT version?

Last I recall, 1300 for 3M.  I am not sure.  Give Sherman a call. 

Edited by Mason016

Just installed 3M Crystalline 2 mths back at $950.

So far works well with my f750 dashcam but my google map occasionally lost connection not sure is it due M1 network or the solar film.

In term of hear rejection, my skin told me V kool in my previous ride is better.

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendations for solar film just for the front windscreen? Existing one warped and affects visibility while the back and side windows are all fine. Not sure if previous owner installed an inferior quality for front. Looking at VLT that is compliant with the law and moderate to high heat rejection depending on price. TIA :)

EDIT: Oops! I saw estimate of $100-200 after reading the previous page. Would this rate be of reliable quality? not looking at top end

Edited by Phoenix

I just wanted to share that my Rikecool film started getting wrinkly on the 10th year (Rear: after 9.5 years & Front: after almost 10 years), but they honoured the 10-year warranty even though I couldn't find any warranty card, and replaced both for me at no charge. 

Functionality-wise, I don't know how it compares against other brands though. But I don't feel the sun burning on my arm like I do outside the car.

Turbocharged

Anyone tried Metrolux? Just saw them pop up in an advertisement here. They use films produced by ASWF (American Standard Window Film).

I just wanted to share that my Rikecool film started getting wrinkly on the 10th year (Rear: after 9.5 years & Front: after almost 10 years), but they honoured the 10-year warranty even though I couldn't find any warranty card, and replaced both for me at no charge. 

Functionality-wise, I don't know how it compares against other brands though. But I don't feel the sun burning on my arm like I do outside the car.

Bro, almost 10 years old and you still want to replace? Why not close one eye and use until scrap? Or are you renewing COE?

Bro, almost 10 years old and you still want to replace? Why not close one eye and use until scrap? Or are you renewing COE?

Oh, yeah, I was going to renew COE. Just did, in fact.

Otherwise, that would have been quite horrible of me. :p

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Just installed 3M Crystalline 2 mths back at $950.

So far works well with my f750 dashcam but my google map occasionally lost connection not sure is it due M1 network or the solar film.

In term of hear rejection, my skin told me V kool in my previous ride is better.

Does Vkool affect GPS map signal? Especially HU GPS and phone Google map.

Turbocharged

Interesting. Metrolux says their MTX series films are their own formulation and the "TRC" films are photochromic.

However their infrared rejection rates are not so impressive.

Edited by 7hm

Does Vkool affect GPS map signal? Especially HU GPS and phone Google map.

Doesn't seem to affect my phone GPS, but installer says will affect the IU and cut a hole on the film on it.

But I do notice the film seems to affect the DVB-T2 signal a lot...front windscreen, side window, moonroof all cannot, so I rerouted my antenna to the rear quarter metal frame.

Hi all, just got my Toyota Wish (2015) windows solar film installed with Tintsy Cool International Pte. Ltd. The stock 3M solar film was terrible. I park a whole day under the sun, the car feels like a sauna. 

First time trying Tintsy Cool. I really hope it works!!

Pretty interested to see how it goes for me. 

I went for the Tintsy Platinum. $660. 

Tintsy is having a discount. Mine was 30% off. I got a 10- year warranty with them plus they change my sun visor stip at the top of the front windshield.

The installer was pretty patient and friendly and they do demonstrate the solar film with a bright light and then ask you to put your hands behind it and ask you to feel the heat with or without the film. 

How have your experiences been so far with other places?

Tintsy Classic
VLT : 25% - 89%
UVR : 99%
IRR : <45%
5 years full warranty. - Nano-Ceramic Technology

Tintsy Premium
VLT : 25% - 89%
IRR : 60%-70% 
7 year full warranty. - Nano-Ceramic Technology

Tintsy Platinum
VLT : 25% - 85%
IRR : 70%-80% 
10 years full warranty. - Nano-Ceramic Technology

The only film to achieve 99% of Infra-Red rejection!! 
High superior scratch-resistance.High visibly and clarity.
Life-time transferable warranty.

Tintsy Platinum Plus
VLT : 30% - 80%
IRR : 92%/63%-99%
Life-Time warranty. - Nano-Ceramic Technology

Tintsy Platinum 99
VLT : 30% - 80%
IRR : 99%/63%-99%
Life-Time warranty. - Nano-Ceramic Technology

Edited by y2kjericho86