Most neighbours just say 'hi' and 'bye'

Darthrevan

Twincharged

would you pop over to check things out at your neighbor if you heard a child crying and screaming for almost 3 mins ?

and this neighbor may not be even on the same floor ?

would you pop over to check things out at your neighbor if you heard a child crying and screaming for almost 3 mins ?

3 mins is a very short time.

If you are my neighbor, you will be coming over everyday?

come to show concern and say 'hi'   [laugh]

some time i can see from the window that people quarrel like going to kill each other at the block opposite, and the kids usually frightened and cry very loudly.

My neighbour always making all sort of noise in their house, dont know should i pay them a courtesy visit and ask them is there anything that i could assist?  [laugh]

Twincharged

if you heard the cries and screams also, you might not think the same way.

then next you might say why don't I just do so ?

coz although I am concerned about the kid but also if I pop over and it turns out the kid is having some kind of sickness like "autism", then it might make the parents feel worse.

my wife says this is happening quite often.

Neighbours may exchange greetings and make small talk, but that's as far as many Singaporeans go.

Displays of trust, such as looking after house keys or lending and borrowing items, are seldom heard of in Housing Board estates.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/most-neighbours-just-say-hi-and-bye-20140608

I heard some men borrow their female neighbour's underwear.

Who says people never borrow from their neighbours?

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Gday

I think it is how Singaporeans communicate.

Have you caught yourself and others apbrutly abruptly speaking to somebody without social manners?

Somehow along the way, the greeting disappeared and to the point communication became the norm. Perhaps it is the high stress environment or rude people being in charge of uneducated folk.

The other day i had a police officer ask me for a toilet without so much as professional courtesy.

No wonder fisticuffs is not against the law. God forbid the police officers from breaking the law while engaging in fisticuffs.

And the other day while wsndering searching for the boiler restaurant i was offered a road rage event. The body language and facial expression was far in excess of the issue. Anyway he was wrong, thank goodness for front and back cameras.

What happened to a gentler and kinder nation?

If you are familar with linguistics, do you notice people speak gently and in polite Bahasa in Melaka versus say JB. Its very noticeable if you listen carefully and mind your speech pattern which in turn is the result of our operation rubric.

Oh well. I go remember my excuse me and good afternoons.

Boiler jin ho jiak.

↡ Advertisement