Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

I see, meaning the ppllooking at Q50 are those who can well afford the higher sparepart/servicing charges and lower resale value......

That make sense, thanks bro

so sour....hahahah...then people buy bentley or ferrari also same lor....last heard super cars resale is lose big money wan. come all the way here to give sour remarks...very free lei.

↡ Advertisement

Yes for C180 with trade-in rebate.

As for the centre 2nd row, all rear wheel and AWD drives has a transmission tunnel. Trade-off for performance.

This is an issue with my wife, thus she prefer the M6 for front well drive vehicles.

bro, although i drive the 528i now i sometimes take my wife's Q50 out. you need to go check the c-180 n Mazda 6 specs again....they are not in the same class as the Q50...the C250 is comparable to Q50.

paiseh mazda ...very nice car but not in this catergory in anyway. so you are comparing all the wrong cars to Q50. of course, as far as badge is concern.....C180 still win infiniti brand lah... but i tested both and i will not choose C180 over Q50...but i am over the lure of the badge long ago.

I think he cannot take the brand, maybe people all ask if he bought a QQ. His emblem are all plastic dip until cannot see which brand.

he trying to copy the Q50 eau rouge...infiniti must be doing well...so many sour comments ..hahaha...good good.

(edited)

he trying to copy the Q50 eau rouge...infiniti must be doing well...so many sour comments ..hahaha...good good.

I think high servicing cost and poor resale is quite true. You don't expect cheap servicing from weanes. And the brand acceptance in Singapore is not high.

But Infiniti price is is very value for money, and how poor can the resale be. I would say Infiniti brand belongs to people who see quality over brand image in Singapore.

To add, if you are brand conscious, don't lie to yourself, do not get a Infiniti. But if you are above that, go for a test drive.

Edited by Coltplussport

Thanks carma 1965 for your inputs.

For the recent new Infiniti owners, for those who have installed the GPS can you advice me on the third party GPS upgrade? I understand that there was issues earlier this year and according to Wearns, they have fixed the GPS issue.

Any feedback on this?

Alternatively, can we use the google map on IPhone and Samsung to be displayed on one of the screens. It seems to be able to serve facebook.

Thanks a lot.

so sour....hahahah...then people buy bentley or ferrari also same lor....last heard super cars resale is lose big money wan. come all the way here to give sour remarks...very free lei.

I have my info, you have your peace

I think high servicing cost and poor resale is quite true. You don't expect cheap servicing from weanes. And the brand acceptance in Singapore is not high.

But Infiniti price is is very value for money, and how poor can the resale be. I would say Infiniti brand belongs to people who see quality over brand image in Singapore.

That's the trade-off right there......cheaper initial price against maybe higher service costs, but higher costs compared to what. C&C also have high service costs but also high initial price?

Mondeo has slightly lower initial costs than Q50 but also high service costs and, arguably, a lesser brand image. Infiniti are really pushing their marketing budget around the world with the Q50 to build the brand. I've seen adverts at Frankfurt airport right in front on Lufthansa's Senator Lounge(!), on FoxSports during the F1 races, a flying Q50 in HK and at various spots around KL.

Cannot complain about the efforts they are putting now. They really believe in the car and, hopefully, when it comes to sell or trade-in our units we can take advantage of better recognition to gain that slightly higher price back.

For the recent new Infiniti owners, for those who have installed the GPS can you advice me on the third party GPS upgrade? I understand that there was issues earlier this year and according to Wearns, they have fixed the GPS issue.

Any feedback on this?

Alternatively, can we use the google map on IPhone and Samsung to be displayed on one of the screens. It seems to be able to serve facebook.

Thanks a lot.

Wearnes are still working on a proper upgrade......hopefully available in 4-6wks though I don't know what it is yet. There was an interim measure and it worked okay for me, but was slow. The screen is slow and the directions come a few metres after I've already past the turning unless I'm doing like 40kph, which on a highway is already more dangerous.

With regards GoogleMaps, it only recently became an option when their maps became available Offline without data charges, the same way Nokia did it forever, for use in Malaysia etc. The option was not available when I bought the Q50 so I stick to my Windows Phone worldwide, though I have no idea how to output that to the car screen if it's even possible.

Any feedback on this?

Thanks a lot.

Wearnes told me a couple of days ago that they are in the final stage of testing. It's a new hardware. Supposed to be more responsive to the GPS signal. The current one takes too long to receive the initial signals. If I'm lucky, it takes about 4 minutes before the unit catches on to the first signal. Worst case me is about 10 minutes.

I was told I will be placed on the 'guinea pig' list when they release the new hardware.

bro, although i drive the 528i now i sometimes take my wife's Q50 out. you need to go check the c-180 n Mazda 6 specs again....they are not in the same class as the Q50...the C250 is comparable to Q50.

paiseh mazda ...very nice car but not in this catergory in anyway. so you are comparing all the wrong cars to Q50. of course, as far as badge is concern.....C180 still win infiniti brand lah... but i tested both and i will not choose C180 over Q50...but i am over the lure of the badge long ago.

You are right. The Mazda 6 (Even for the 2.5 Luxury) is not in the same class as the Q50. The C180 brand-wise if above the Q50, but the Q50 specs and features are above the C180. I would probably compare the 200/250 specs against the Q50.

I personally will not go for the Mazda 6/2.5 Luxury, which has a higher road tax for a lower power/torque spec. The Mazda is about 7 cm longer though.

As with most of you, we were vying between the Q50, Volvo S60, CLA200 and Jag FX for around the same price range. We liked the brand and the quality of the CLA200, but it was small. It has a really low headroom at the back and no rear aircon. The S60... well... the console was just too outdated. We decided to drop the S60 even though Wearnes dropped it's price for us by about $20K with lots of fringes thrown in. So, we ended up with either the Q50 or FX. We loved the FX but then it was priced much higher than the Q50. We couldn't get any further discounts over it, so there goes.

Why did I like the Q50? Well, for the price, it has lots of good features, a good solid body, unique brand on the road (I prefer not to see the same car that I have when I look left and right... :grin: ), reasonably good acceleration and smooth drive.

And for those who thinks the middle back seat is small, you should compare the entire back seats, which are really deep and wide compared to most other makes.

so what's the OTR price for the Q50 (no sunroof) now?

rebate level is 53k?

I heard $163,800 with COE @ $58k... Which is high considering price was $169,800 with $75k COE.

Wearnes told me a couple of days ago that they are in the final stage of testing. It's a new hardware. Supposed to be more responsive to the GPS signal. The current one takes too long to receive the initial signals. If I'm lucky, it takes about 4 minutes before the unit catches on to the first signal. Worst case me is about 10 minutes.

I was told I will be placed on the 'guinea pig' list when they release the new hardware.

Hmmm... the SE told me that it was fixed by increasing the RAM. Want to verify.

Can I check which third party brand they are using?

even bmw 3 series and merc c-class ... rear seat also can sit 2 person only - comfortably

the center seat is practically useless even for short drive out for lunch unless it's a petite charbo ... [sly]

in mini skirts only :)

I heard $163,800 with COE @ $58k... Which is high considering price was $169,800 with $75k COE.

Infiniti don't want ppl to wait,they've been setting their rebate level at the Coe price to ensure people dun lose out in a down trend situation...

150k would be a good price eh...

Infiniti don't want ppl to wait,they've been setting their rebate level at the Coe price to ensure people dun lose out in a down trend situation...

150k would be a good price eh...

Q50 now @ 159K....super tempting now.. @ 150K would have being even better..haha

For those who mind the back seat should avoid rear-wheel drive car.

This also why Lexus came out with ES250 that's front-wheel.

And for those who thinks the middle back seat is small, you should compare the entire back seats, which are really deep and wide compared to most other makes.

↡ Advertisement