How to parallel park perfectly, every time

Lotr

Turbocharged

Better just leave your door unlocked n the key in the ignition. So much easier for everybody............incl the thief. Hahahaha. [laugh]

Have you tried parallel parking using head-in method? [grin]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

parking_FINAL.jpg

Step 2 is the key.

Most people who have trouble parallel parking, do step 2 wrongly.

They turn the wheels instead of having it straight.

The wheels should be straighten and how far you go in, decides how deep you land inside the lot, or maybe hit the kerb.

4th Gear

Practice makes perfect! [thumbsup]

The lots downstairs my house are parallel parking only. I am expert no need this guide :ph34r:

Internal Moderator

The lots downstairs my house are parallel parking only. I am expert no need this guide :ph34r:

What kinda house you stay sia?

Supercharged

I know that feel bro! Damn shiok!

My house outside also parallel parking, then always got one lot in the middle nobody dare to park or think their car very big. I always squeeze in, just nice one leg gap only. [laugh]

Eat Wind House must be!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Conservation shop houses in Tajong Pagar / Joo Jiat etc?

Neutral Newbie

Then you should try parallel parking in Hong Kong. On a tight road, both sides are parked with cars. Very difficult to park.

Just try Zion road food centre during lunch. or little india in the evenings. close enough :D

question is, if there's available lot for reverse parking, will you park in paralle lot or avoid it at all and park at somewhere else?

You can be an expert in parallel park, but not others. High chance of your car being bruised by front and rear vehicles.

Turbocharged

question is, if there's available lot for reverse parking, will you park in paralle lot or avoid it at all and park at somewhere else?

You can be an expert in parallel park, but not others. High chance of your car being bruised by front and rear vehicles.

This is Singapore, unless you valet everywhere and have your own private lots with nobody parking next to you ever, you car will eventually get battlescars.

So far my car only got small scrapes on the right rear corner of the bumper from parallel. It's got far many more dents, dings and paint chips from vertical parking lots cos farkers love to anyhow open doors.

Parallel parking is easy. I drove a 13 feet truck and parallel park into a car lot before. All about gauging the axle and turning. Even my mum is shock when I easily park a truck into a lot. After that incident, no more restriction when I take my car to.

• Praise 1

I considered myself very good at parallel parking as I do it daily under very very tight space condition between my neighbour's cars.

And they have always come out of their house to praise my parking skill...hahaha more like being afraid that I might dent their cars. Imagine having your neighbours stare at your every move when you park. But they are old foggies so I can understand why they park like tua LP when in front and behind got so much space for them thereby leaving such a small space for me to squeeze in.

Having said that, I'll try this technique this evening when I arrive home. Thanks for sharing [thumbsup][flowerface]

(edited)

Lorries and all rear-wheel drive vehicles like MB, BMW are easier to park than FWD vehicles (as long as got powder stelling :D ).

Parallel parking is easy. I drove a 13 feet truck and parallel park into a car lot before. All about gauging the axle and turning. Even my mum is shock when I easily park a truck into a lot. After that incident, no more restriction when I take my car to.

Edited by Kangadrool

parking_FINAL.jpg

Rules of thumb and experience help, but we prefer repeatable experiments. And if you see this and laugh, you're probably not as good as you think you are. Thankfully, the recipe for a one-move parking job is pretty simple.

1. Pull alongside the car ahead of the space you want. Align your rear axle with that car's bumper. Turn the wheel toward the curb at full lock.

2. Back up until the center of your inside rear tire aligns with the streetside edge of the forward car. Straighten wheel, continue to reverse.

3. When your outside tire aligns with that same edge, turn the wheel the other way.

4. If all went according to plan, you're in the space, bodywork intact. Get out and admire your work.

Thanks for sharing.

This is good.

Turbocharged

Ok let's play identify the cars in the diagram.

Front car - American landbarge/musclecar, looks likes a 1966 Pontiac GTO maybe

Rear car - VW Golf

Parking car - 2-door hardtop..ummm...not an MX-5....BMW Z8?

Also abit weird cos the cars are LHD but parallel parking on the left kerb where they'd usually be on the right kerb.

I sibeh free.

Since most xmm drivers can hardly even vertical park, let alone parallel park, they badly need others to park for them. You can be the white knight to save xmm drivers in distress in car park!! [sunny]

hahaha..happened to me once near joo chiat.but in my case,i was too fedup of waiting with cars lining up behind me and the car in front insisting to parallel park! dunno how many times she reverse and go out again that after 5mins of waiting,i went up to the car and offered to park for her without realising what a SYT she is! after parking,i just drove off to find another lot.thinking back,what a waste not getting her number.. [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1