Not at fault motorists penalised for fault reporting/claims!

Vin002

GIA choose not to reply me despite email to them and writing to them via ST forum for response. I wonder which side they are on...

Drivers think carefully your options during accidents whether at fault or not at fault...

post-12953-0-46763900-1399508400_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

fault or no fault ... insurance has their own "protect my ass" risk analysis

2 years 3 accidents = red flag

you can say all you want ... people bang you ... what to do

they have a template to key in parameters and if the system show higher risk ... premium increase lor

if you were at fault ... red flag all over the screen liao

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Even not my fault I will opt for private settlement for sure.

Why give chance for insurance company to raise my premiums?

You wonder which side they are on? LoL...$$$$ side of course.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

fault or no fault ... insurance has their own "protect my ass" risk analysis

2 years 3 accidents = red flag

you can say all you want ... people bang you ... what to do

they have a template to key in parameters and if the system show higher risk ... premium increase lor

if you were at fault ... red flag all over the screen liao

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. When I got rear ended, once at the 6th or 7th year, successfully claim the vehicle behind, my prem also increased the following year.

• Praise 1

6th Gear
(edited)

2 years 3 accident even if 100% not your fault also shows that you have problem driving defensively. Unless you offend a lot of ppl and they deliberately want to bang you.

Edited by GLZT
  • Praise 2

easier said than done.

Some $100 also will not fork out.

Supersonic

Agreed. Get the cheapest insurer you can find (don't bother with "ease of claim", blah blah) and drive carefully. If a minor mishap happens, settle everything privately with your workshop, everything in black and white, with a clause stating no further reporting to insurance/police agencies.

If they break that clause, the worst that happens is you get penalised by the insurer, which would've happened *anyway* if you'd reported.

Screw the GIAS "regulation" that protects the special interest group more than the consumers.

• Praise 2

2 years 3 accident even if 100% not your fault also shows that you have problem driving defensively. Unless you offend a lot of ppl and they deliberately want to bang you.

Teach me how to drive defensively when one incident, my car is stationery and the other incident people bang into my rear.

What to do when one happened to be unlucky on a particular day? This should not be penalised by the insurer again!

not true.....claimed once 14yrs ago for $3500, my premium has been increasing yr after yr......

I have maxed the available discounts (NCD 50%, Merit 5%, Loyalty 15% etc) and yet still have to pay $800 this yr for my 9 yr old car.....

btw: i am 39 yrs old....

not true.....claimed once 14yrs ago for $3500, my premium has been increasing yr after yr......

I have maxed the available discounts (NCD 50%, Merit 5%, Loyalty 15% etc) and yet still have to pay $800 this yr for my 9 yr old car.....

i bet none of the insurance will go below $500 regardless of age, car model or age of the car (even after whatever discounts). If 60 years old retiree own a 15 year old car, and only use his car twice a week, his premium will be at $200?

The coverage not only for yourself, it takes into consideration of the other vehicle.

could be the make/model of your car. Also, try different insurers every year.

Teach me how to drive defensively when one incident, my car is stationery and the other incident people bang into my rear.

What to do when one happened to be unlucky on a particular day? This should not be penalised by the insurer again!

your butt must be to appealing to hit at the rear a few times.....down here got mcfes who likes to see people's butt....just be careful! Best is to leave some space in front and back......the car behind may not have a good braking system!
  • Praise 1

yup, even for spork cars like WRX........

People just don't realise that it takes quite a lot braking distance even in stop-start traffic. That's why there are many rear-ending cases.

your butt must be to appealing to hit at the rear a few times.....down here got mcfes who likes to see people's butt....just be careful! Best is to leave some space in front and back......the car behind may not have a good braking system!

With so many expensive cars running around, if I am the insurer, I also increase the premium. It is not about how old is your car, it is about how new and expensive is the car that you are going to accidently bang

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i bet none of the insurance will go below $500 regardless of age, car model or age of the car (even after whatever discounts). If 60 years old retiree own a 15 year old car, and only use his car twice a week, his premium will be at $200?

The coverage not only for yourself, it takes into consideration of the other vehicle.

you just lost the bet, if you had bet with me... mine is $380. 3rd party only.

• Praise 1

you just lost the bet, if you had bet with me... mine is $380. 3rd party only.

oh i should add comprehensive coverage [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement