2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Dear forum friends,

In case you are not in the Facebook group and missed this out. I recently participated in a trial and installed this dashboard integrated 12.1" Android HU. Still testing in progress and will share more information when available!

Meanwhile, made a video highlighting some features for sharing!

https://flic.kr/p/UfrC2x

https://youtu.be/98aEwDKuzCQ

How is it? Any updates?

How is it? Any updates?

Hi! There was a minor issue (FM radio only outputting from L channels) with the HU during testing so currently waiting for the supplier to send a replacement unit!

Hi! There was a minor issue (FM radio only outputting from L channels) with the HU during testing so currently waiting for the supplier to send a replacement unit!

Interesting, aites do keep an update for this yeah? Anyways how much does it cost?

Collected my X-Trail and immediately installed Integrated TPMS. Works beautifully. Total cost S$164.29. This forum seems rather quiet, so I posted the steps to the Nissan X-trail Club (Singapore) facebook page.

post-89424-0-87575900-1497532306_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Collected my X-Trail and immediately installed Integrated TPMS. Works beautifully. Total cost S$164.29. This forum seems rather quiet, so I posted the steps to the Nissan X-trail Club (Singapore) facebook page.

I am interested.  Please show us how you get the Integrated TPMS installed into the Xtrail here.

(edited)

Step 1: Buy Integrated TPMS (for Nissan) from taobao via this link:

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000005592990.html?src=10006

Cost fluctuates but is now S$122.60 plus S$1.69 shipping (self collect from Raffles Place MRT or your preferred location). I previously paid S$177+. There is agent fee of S$7.46 but waived during promotion period. Parcel should arrive within 2 weeks.

Step 2: Go to Chin of RST Auto Accessories to install the TPMS. Call or whatsapp him first. S$40. You can of course do this at any tire shop but Chin has done this for many Qashqai and yesterday for my X-Trail. So he is very familiar.

post-89424-0-96718100-1497584054_thumb.png

post-89424-0-04257500-1497584068_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kstoh
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Step 3: Once TPMS installed, just drive above 20 km/h and the tire pressure readings will come on. No configuration needed! For Qashqai, you may need to go to Settings > Tire Pressure to change unit from psi to kPa

What happens if one of your tires got a nail etc? This happened to my Qashqai and I took this picture in a panic mode. Hence it is a bit blur. The pressure went down to below 100 kPa but I was too panicky to take a picture of that reading.

Without TPMS, most drivers would not realise that the tire is deflated, until the tire goes completely flat and it is too late to drive to nearest tire shop.

Installation procedure involves (1) Changing the 4 tire valves - done by tire shop. (2) plug in the OBD below the steering wheel - anybody can do this.

post-89424-0-50798600-1497584369_thumb.jpg

post-89424-0-34967900-1497584376_thumb.jpg

post-89424-0-14530100-1497584601_thumb.jpg

post-89424-0-80705800-1497584610.jpg

Edited by Kstoh

Cost fluctuates but is now S$122.60 plus S$1.69 shipping (self collect from Raffles Place MRT or your preferred location). I previously paid S$177+. There is agent fee of S$7.46 but waived during promotion period. Parcel should arrive within 2 weeks.

Step 2: Go to Chin of RST Auto Accessories to install the TPMS. Call or whatsapp him first. S$40. You can of course do this at any tire shop but Chin has done this for many Qashqai and yesterday for my X-Trail. So he is very familiar.

Thank you for your prompt and detail clear instructions to benefit everyone.  Really appreciate your sharing!

Wondering how reliable is this Integrated TPMS, any idea?

I have no idea. The item brochure says the battery can last between 5 to 6 years, if I understand it correctly. So far, the TPMS in my Qashqai has been working for the past 6 months without any problems.

Kstoh,

What about tyres rotation.  Do you have to remove them and reinstall when tyres are swapped around?

According to the manual, no need. There are 4 switches hidden in the OBD. Flip switch 1 (front left), inflate/deflate front left tire until light stops blinking. Front left registered. Then flip switch 2 for rear left, inflate/deflate rear left tire and so on.

Or you can just don't bother about the positions. As long as one of the tires deflated, just check all 4 tires!

post-89424-0-70319800-1497621649_thumb.jpg

post-89424-0-05750100-1497621660_thumb.jpg

According to the manual, no need. There are 4 switches hidden in the OBD. Flip switch 1 (front left), inflate/deflate front left tire until light stops blinking. Front left registered. Then flip switch 2 for rear left, inflate/deflate rear left tire and so on.

Or you can just don't bother about the positions. As long as one of the tires deflated, just check all 4 tires!

great sharing! will be the next toy for my ride.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for sharing the TPMS info. Does anyone know how I can allow DVD to be played for kids when I am driving?

Thank you, anything else you got do for your car?
↡ Advertisement