2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Neutral Newbie

I got this delivered last week and it didn't seem to fit in fully. I think getting from Taobao is a hit and miss kinda thing. Any fellow XTers with the same problems?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-set-Car-Accessories-2014-2015-X-Trail-Xtrail-Stainless-Steel-Trunk-Plate-Guard-Plate-For/32359019082.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.9.aRawtp&scm=1007.13338.46806.0&pvid=217bb01d-b8f8-496c-b132-0d04b7e6918b&tpp=1

Plan buy from online too. But chose a more well known car auto supply brand in China, called KUST. They got AliExpress shop too, although much more expensive.

There's a small button on the gear shift that you can press to go to "Sport" mode. Haven't really tried it before though.

That Sport mode button does not adjust the steering weight.

cut the pink wire

Can explode or not .... haha just joking. Make sure cut the correct wire. If anyone has done that can share a photo here for everyone benefit. Cheers!!

Price of X-trail just went up another $2k. It's listed at $138,300 now!

$138,300 NG 8 bids. Anyone has been lucky with 8 bids so far?
  • Praise 2

Price of X-trail just went up another $2k. It's listed at $138,300 now!

Weird.

Cat B COE price dropped, but car price increased by $2,000  :blink:

Weird.

Cat B COE price dropped, but car price increased by $2,000 :blink:

Guess they run out of existing stock or already achieved sales target, so no pressure to move more sales.

Is it normal for some warning light on when power on but without engine running (short press the on botton without stepping on brake)?

I just noticed today some steering wheel icon light up which i did not notice previously in my few weeks of ownership.

Edited by Xtrailer

Is it normal for some warning light on when power on but without engine running (short press the on botton without stepping on brake)?

I just noticed today some steering wheel icon light up which i did not notice previously in my few weeks of ownership.

Yes I believe it's normal for most of the dashboard lights to light up for a few seconds when the car is ON (ignition off). Supposed to be for us to check if any of the lights have blown.

Yes I believe it's normal for most of the dashboard lights to light up for a few seconds when the car is ON (ignition off). Supposed to be for us to check if any of the lights have blown.

But for my case the steering wheel icon will stay on while others light will go off (except seat belt as i did not wear).

let me post a picture later on.

Edited by Xtrailer

Wanted to check with you all: does the safety features like Active Trace Control and Active Ride Control work in 2WD mode? Or is it necessary to have the car in Auto mode?

As per picture, the power steering warning light stays on when power on the car without engine running. Other warning light only flash a second then go off. Is it normal? Do you have the same light?

post-181082-0-38774100-1478880952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtrailer

As per picture, the power steering warning light stays on when power on the car without engine running. Other warning light only flash a second then go off. Is it normal? Do you have the same light?

Let me try later, I tot this happens cause you power ON without turning the engine on, which basically means you're using the battery only