Honda Vezel

Hsiao

Anybody encounter alot of city driving??

I understand if put to N gear, Engine cut off wun be activated???

My job requires me at least 99% city driving with alot of start stop in short distance. My only worry is that wear and tear...I not afraid of the reliability of the Honda engine..

↡ Advertisement

My job requires me at least 99% city driving with alot of start stop in short distance. My only worry is that wear and tear...I not afraid of the reliability of the Honda engine..

I am also having a lot of city driving. Find that if you don't step on the brake too hard, the engine cutoff would not activate. The other way is to turn ur steering wheel a bit just as you are stopping. That seems to prevent you from getting into stopping the engine as well.

A bit out of the Vezel topic, but did any bro's out there try out the Renault's Captur 1.5 diesel?

Test drove it yesterday and was very impressed with the torque performance. Heard one single tank about 40-45L can travel easily 900km!!! which turns out to be at least 24-27km/L????

But cabin can't compare to Vezel.. other than that equipment wise n pricing looks very attractive.

$119,999 with 5yr warranty to 150k and free 3yr servicing, coe rebate 66k?

Very close fight agaist Vezel if cabin size is not an issue.. superb fuel saving if it's really true plus its diesel more savings.

Maybe some bro's can share some views..

Turbocharged

A bit out of the Vezel topic, but did any bro's out there try out the Renault's Captur 1.5 diesel?

Test drove it yesterday and was very impressed with the torque performance. Heard one single tank about 40-45L can travel easily 900km!!! which turns out to be at least 24-27km/L????

But cabin can't compare to Vezel.. other than that equipment wise n pricing looks very attractive.

Very close fight agaist Vezel if cabin size is not an issue.. superb fuel saving if it's really true plus its diesel more savings.

IMO, raptor buyer belongs to juke buyer type... Not for average joe... Hehehe

IMO, raptor buyer belongs to juke buyer type... Not for average joe... Hehehe

Ya, agree.. but from my understanding the Captur is one of the best budget european car base on its specs and fuel economy.

However not sure about its reliability and after warranty cost :)

I am also having a lot of city driving. Find that if you don't step on the brake too hard, the engine cutoff would not activate. The other way is to turn ur steering wheel a bit just as you are stopping. That seems to prevent you from getting into stopping the engine as well.

Actually just wanna know about the N gear wun activate engine cutoff that's all..

Cus i stop alot

I test drove it and liked the way it drove, though i thought the interior was a bit garish, more like sitting inside a kids toy than a car. Main stumbling block for more was the high road tax due to diesel engine. Only suitable for those bro with very high annual mileage where the fuel savings can offset the tax bill i think. For my slightly below average 17-18k per year it didnt make economic sense....

Ya, agree.. but from my understanding the Captur is one of the best budget european car base on its specs and fuel economy.

Diesel no doubt provides better fuel economy but the main concern is always the maintenance because you need to service the filter and clear it. Also, if you drive to Malaysia, there are very few petrol stations there that can pump Diesel to our SG Diesel cars cos of the Diesel grade difference.

Other than that, I think Diesel engines are good if you clock very high mileage.

Diesel no doubt provides better fuel economy but the main concern is always the maintenance because you need to service the filter and clear it. Also, if you drive to Malaysia, there are very few petrol stations there that can pump Diesel to our SG Diesel cars cos of the Diesel grade difference.

Other than that, I think Diesel engines are good if you clock very high mileage.

The ruling is foreign vehicles can't pump diesel in msia right? correct me if i'm wrong...

The ruling is foreign vehicles can't pump diesel in msia right? correct me if i'm wrong...

This one i'm not so sure but what I do know is that Diesel cars sold in SG all need to pump Euro 5 Diesel grade but Malaysia very hard to find petrol stations that have this grade.

You just take a look at the sales figure you can roughly know. Renault is not known to have decent resale value either. Unless u want to drive it for ten years and if it can last ten years. I was looking at it initially though. Was attracted by the insane fc and attractive package.

The reason why start stop is there is for regulations purpose. It is detrimental to the car (ie wear and tear). More suitable without air con in temperate/cold climate.

Just turn it off.

You just take a look at the sales figure you can roughly know. Renault is not known to have decent resale value either. Unless u want to drive it for ten years and if it can last ten years. I was looking at it initially though. Was attracted by the insane fc and attractive package.

Bro Andy, agree. So far read thru the web and Renault did really improved a lot on it's earlier days issues. Guess they have improved but still the Vezel is still a better all rounder in terms of reliability, economy, cost and resale.

My wife like the Captur look more thou.. hai... if only Vezel have more color selections would have been perfect :P

Turbocharged

Bro Andy, agree. So far read thru the web and Renault did really improved a lot on it's earlier days issues. Guess they have improved but still the Vezel is still a better all rounder in terms of reliability, economy, cost and resale.

My wife like the Captur look more thou.. hai... if only Vezel have more color selections would have been perfect :P

never let a girl decide which car to get IMO :D

• Praise 1

Those who got your Vezel can share info on the servicing at your workshops.. eg: Hitachi C., mbm , world Auto etc

Any free servicing from PI including EO?

Does our warranty get voided if we do our servicing at other WS like what usual AD practises [thumbsdown]

Hi Vezel brothers!

Had the car since December, so about 6 months now. Very happy!

Wanted to ask you guys if you know how to turn off the car without turning off the Head Unit? I still haven't figured out how. So like say you're waiting for someone in the carpark, how to turn off the engine (to wait) but still leave the music on?

The reason i'm asking is that i mainly listen to music from my DVD filled with MP3s. Everytime I turn off and on the car (and head unit), the stupid Head Unit takes about 2.5 minutes to "format read" the whole DVD before it can start playing music.

Speaking of which, mine is the most basic Pioneer AVH-165DVD player. Not sure if you guys also encounter this very long "format read" time duration also?

I wondered if the "format read" time will be reduced if I use USB input. however for whatever reason, the USB input can't seem to work (nothing happens when i connect the USB drive to the cable inside the glove compartment) so didn't get to test this out.

Next, i wonder if you guys found any way to get rid of the irritating "auto brake" thing. even when i turn it off, randomly it'll activate - sometimes it's a carpark barrier, but sometimes it's really just no visible obstacle, e.g. waiting to turn right at the traffic light.

Lastly, wanna share with you about the engine oil. Before my 5000km servicing and oil change, i was using whichever oil that came originally with the vezel. Each tank could get around 550km. But the SPARK centre changed to W40 oil (which they claimed is "good for hondas") and after that the fuel consumption dropped to 470km. Damn pissed off. Went to buy the recommended OW20 and to SPARK's credit they changed for free. Now going to monitor the new FC.

↡ Advertisement