Honda Vezel

Hsiao

somehow, i feel the ride is different after switching from 95 to 98 petrol. anyone share the same?

Hi all.

Long time lurker but first post.

Got my Vezel X earlier this month and already felt comfortable driving the car since was mentally prepared after picking up all the tips shared in here.

Things I have noticed about the Vezel but may have missed out in the threads.

- the meter showing avg km/l actually takes idling state into account.

I watched my avg km/l drop from 14 to 12 while waiting to pick up someone.

- quite a few times the engine stop doesnt happen even when I dont disable it. I have a habit of immediately pushing into neutral gear upon stopping but I dont know if its the steering moving or the neutral gear causing it. (I have a heavy brake foot)

- during the engine stop, the following action starts up the engine

releasing the brake pedal

Slight turn of steering wheel

switch from neutral to drive mode

White Vezel X (pi: wheelersdealers)

FYI, all start-stop systems (regardless of brand) behaves in this manner.

So do not shift into N while waiting at the lights. Your engine will not switch off.

somehow, i feel the ride is different after switching from 95 to 98 petrol. anyone share the same?

I only tried vpower before and sure can feel the diff.

Its a really old discussion, but many modern high tech engines runs better with 98 octane fuel, engine tends to be quieter and there's more power on hand. Fuel economy Is typical slightly better too.

And it has little to do with the actual octane numbers.

Its the additives the respective manufacturers adds to their fuel mix that makes all the difference.

FYI, in Thailand, esp Bangkok, 95 octane is their premium grade gas and they are E10 (10% Ethanol mix) as well. Even the current gen Ford Fiesta 1.6 got noticeable difference when I switch from their cheaper E20 gas to 95 octane

I only tried vpower before and sure can feel the diff.

And our Vpower stocks and Bolehland Vpower 97 or Racing are quite different in terms of additives used.

Ours seems to be the same grade as what North America and Europe Vpower....

• Praise 1

Hi fellow forumers,

I am now encountering a terrible experience with a particular PI. I put a downpayment for a Vezel X from them in Mar at a time when the COE dip momentarily - they are supposed to deliver in end May as per contract but now they are now giving a lot of excuses for not delivering.

I think they are using gangstar tactics to either get me to top up or walk away from a deal which they are not making good money even though they have earlier committed!

Have any forumers encountered something similar and any advice??

Tks in advance!

I think just talk to them nicely. If they think the deal cannot go through, just cancel and return you everything. If they still think can go through, then when can they finally deliver? No point to buy from a PI which you encountered bad experience and not forgetting after getting the car, the after-sales service. PI does not have the financial power as an AD. Definitely they will not want to make a loss unlike AD. If your deal is not guarantee, then you would need to top up or withdraw.

• Praise 1

I think just talk to them nicely. If they think the deal cannot go through, just cancel and return you everything. If they still think can go through, then when can they finally deliver? No point to buy from a PI which you encountered bad experience and not forgetting after getting the car, the after-sales service. PI does not have the financial power as an AD. Definitely they will not want to make a loss unlike AD. If your deal is not guarantee, then you would need to top up or withdraw.

Sorry, sent comments to you by mistake. Ignore.

Good day!!

Hi fellow forumers,

I am now encountering a terrible experience with a particular PI. I put a downpayment for a Vezel X from them in Mar at a time when the COE dip momentarily - they are supposed to deliver in end May as per contract but now they are now giving a lot of excuses for not delivering.

I think they are using gangstar tactics to either get me to top up or walk away from a deal which they are not making good money even though they have earlier committed!

Have any forumers encountered something similar and any advice??

Tks in advance!

Can u provide name of PI?

• Praise 1

Since you guys are on this topic comparing the Kia Forte K3 and the Vezel, allow me to do a quick run down since I'm quite well informed with the Forte :)

We use the latest Forte SX Sport model as comparo

Advantage Forte SX Sport has over the Vezel:

- factory HIDs and factory sunroof.... well obviously LEDs is the future but HID still wins in terms of absolute illumination distance and beam spread... for now la.

- Rear aircon vents.

- Dual zone climate control with LG Air purifier built in.

- Power driver's seat with 2 memory settings.

- heated front seats, vented for driver as well

- Full suite of controls on the steering wheel including CC, audio, Bluetooth, trip computer, menu selection

- Semi OEM integrated large screen HU with GPS, reverse cam, WMA, MP3 audio. This unit is local fitted and made in China, but its designed for the Forte and it fit perfectly in dash. No ugly 2DIN unit that sticks out from the dash.

- Forte offers conventional parking brake lever vs Vezel push button parking brake, The lever allows handbrake turns easily... hehe ok this point is silly... moving on. :)

- Speedometer not limited to 180km/h... not that you can drive faster than 180 everyday in SG.

- Overall quieter cabin.

- Conventional torque converter 6AT... I still don't think CVT is robust enough for heavy duty, long term use.

- Paddle shifter

I was on the side line of FORTE vs VEZEL X vs M3 at that time; well Vezel's advantage were :

- SUV - higher and better frontal view , especially for long distance drive

- Better fuel consumption

- Lower long term maintenance cost ; Lower cost of spare parts ( 3 Options : Japan , Malaysia or Thailand )

- Better and easier to resell if intend to change in less than 10 years

- More Solid Looks (personal preference.... but in term of looks still prefer M3)

Actually advance features at times are like double edge sword , Nice to have but when spoil quite expensive to fix and may not use it often :

- Rear Aircon : good if most of the time of travel are more than 2 , some warn about airduct cleaning especially when run at the bottom of the car more dust will collect and servicing will require to open center console

- Ventilated seat : Personally like this feature alot , concern will be 3 years down the road if dust clog can it be clean easily ?

- Paddle shift & Bluetooh : How often will it be in use ?

*Could have added 2-5k for S version where there is Paddle Shift & Bluetooth

Turbocharged
(edited)

I was on the side line of FORTE vs VEZEL X vs M3 at that time; well Vezel's advantage were :

- More Solid Looks (personal preference.... but in term of looks still prefer M3)

Vezel appearance wise is a mixed bag for me. I find the front 'face' really ugly, but I really like the side profile and rear clusters. I don't find the K3's shape overall appealing, to me it's a bit understated especially compared to the sculpted-looking Elantra. Too rounded and bulbous, but at the same time it's still got a business like classy handsomeness. Problem is that the large KIA badge kind of spoils the look as a whole. I respect the brand a lot, but I find their logo with its big lettering just kind of ugly.

As for paddle shifters, it depends on how engaged a driver you are. If you are not a manumatic/tiptronic type of person who prefer to let an automatic (or in this case a CVT) just do its own thing, you will never care for or even like paddle shifters, let alone a +- manual-gate on the stick. But for some (like me) the auto-box just doesn't do what we want it to do sometimes (well my current car's, anyway) and we want to take matters into control. I would inherently prefer paddle shifters over a gear-stick manual gate only, as it requires less movement of the hands, though in its own way pulling a stick is also very enjoyable.

Bluetooth I think is a must have feature in any modern car now. People are on phone so often. If not for calls, for music streaming. But maybe it's just because I'm on the tech-forward side. Besides, Bluetooth is no longer an "advanced feature", even bargain basement phones usually have Bluetooth.

Edited by 7hm

- Lower long term maintenance cost ; Lower cost of spare parts ( 3 Options : Japan , Malaysia or Thailand )

Actually advance features at times are like double edge sword , Nice to have but when spoil quite expensive to fix and may not use it often :

- Rear Aircon : good if most of the time of travel are more than 2 , some warn about airduct cleaning especially when run at the bottom of the car more dust will collect and servicing will require to open center console

- Ventilated seat : Personally like this feature alot , concern will be 3 years down the road if dust clog can it be clean easily ?

Ah well if you are able to service your Forte outside and that workshop offers comphrensive aircon cleaning equipment, their technicians can actually connect a cleaning jet (with special non liquid and non abrasive fan coil cleaner) into the fan suction area behind the glovebox.

Hehe I use my paddle shifters in my FD1 on a daily basis, need it to blast through messy traffic and some blur aunties driving big expensive cars doing 50km/h on the right most lane! [furious][smash]

Bluetooth is required to connect your phone to the onboard speaker and mic ya. Else how do you take calls when you are driving?

I am looking to buy Vezel too, can you PM me the name of the PI so that I can avoid them in my hunt?

Thanks.

Please dun PM. Just list out here, spread it to help other.

Would like to know if anyone has booked the Vezel after the recent COE bidding exercise. I went to AML earlier today and was informed by some PIs that it has gone OOS and the new stocks will only be here 3 to 6 months later.

Agreed. Actually if a car is known to be reliable and efficient, one does not need to have those extra features. I always fall back onto the car eng/powertrain which I feel is most important.

Agreed. Actually if a car is known to be reliable and efficient, one does not need to have those extra features. I always fall back onto the car eng/powertrain which I feel is most important.

Same here bro, too many electronic components would also mean more maintenance cost coming your way too.

Turbocharged

Same here bro, too many electronic components would also mean more maintenance cost coming your way too.

Toyotas and Hondas also have a lot of electronics on other models, so I don't really see the comparison... :mellow:

Lexus have their RemoteTouch system and electroluminescent cluster as well as ventilated memory seats, but nobody has complaint about their electronics... [knife]

Toyotas and Hondas also have a lot of electronics on other models, so I don't really see the comparison... :mellow:

Lexus have their RemoteTouch system and electroluminescent cluster as well as ventilated memory seats, but nobody has complaint about their electronics... [knife]

I rem once i asked KM agent why honda got smart key entry when so many jap brands already got. He said it is a honda, no need all these features. People still buy. I was like...duh.....but anyway vezel now got most of the practical features required at least to me...

↡ Advertisement