Kena charged by Paypal and other unknown website

i see this thread, kan jiong alreadyquickly go call credit card bankheng boh dai jeee [sweatdrop]

so far i already see many credit card company take initiative to change customer credit card without request. UOB call me to tell me that they saw i had transaction history with CGW and wanted to cancel my card and issue the new one (though my card has not been compromised). OCBC act immediately when they knew my card was compromised without asking.

So far only DBS no sound no picture which i used it in several sites.

so far i already see many credit card company take initiative to change customer credit card without request. UOB call me to tell me that they saw i had transaction history with CGW and wanted to cancel my card and issue the new one (though my card has not been compromised). OCBC act immediately when they knew my card was compromised without asking.

now outside got many fraud, got

gold

timeshare

investment

subshine

credit card

email

so many, damm scary

• Praise 1

Scary. Lucky i check my CC bill every month.

I seldom use paypal unless necessary.

Haha have to ship my stuff thru CGW now...

TS, If I'm you, i will refuse to pay. It's an unauthorised transaction.

gold

timeshare

investment

subshine

credit card

email

so many, damm scary

Need to teach your kids how to be savvy. Even adults have a lot of trouble keeping up with the scams.

Turbocharged

No such thing they hold yr amt.

U can have a s$0 in paypal to operate. Dont need any bank guarantee.

If someone will to transfer the money to yr paypal account, u can use it immediately to transfer to another paypal or withdraw it out.

For TS case, he only realized it when he saw the statement. Usually, bank will only post the transcation on the statement 2 to 3 days later.

Paypal is one of the merchant that dont required OTP.

They always stress that their system is the best.

Without OTP, there will be many fraud case like TS.

I purchased smthing online in dec and paid thru PayPal. But when my item didn't arrive, I contact PayPal and they refunded my $ in full amt. I asked the operator and that was what they told me..

Bro MCF777 is very knowledgable about this stuff [thumbsup]

Scary. Lucky i check my CC bill every month.

I seldom use paypal unless necessary.

Haha have to ship my stuff thru CGW now...

TS, If I'm you, i will refuse to pay. It's an unauthorised transaction.

Need to teach your kids how to be savvy. Even adults have a lot of trouble keeping up with the scams.

it is true

now many crooks outside

DBS???..................I gave up long long ago........... <_< <_<

I think someone got your card details liao. Wonder if paypal can track which account the card is linked with.

how to? the accounts and name are fake, and IP address can be anywhere.

Supercharged

u shouldn't have paid....

Super agree.. once you pay.. it is so hard for them to refund it...

gold

timeshare

investment

subshine

credit card

email

so many, damm scary

even whatsapp also got people circulating rumours already...

anyway, for people that does online transaction.. even if it requires FOB hard token or what ever...

please do it only on your personal PC that you don't surf prawns with..

better still, if you're from a MNC, do it on your company laptop...

usually they are very much well protected..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Today, when I print out my Credit Card statement..... I nearly fainted..... nearly 1K was charged through Paypal and some website that I have not heard of for some nbzzz CCB games (Elder Scroll or simi LJ)..... i check through all my stuff and very sure my kid did not buy it... he is using an iPad, and I already disable the payment long ago.....

I call DBS and cancel the card..... nbzzz CCB.... tell me must pay for the charges first, else next month will charge interest..... LL pay up and hope that they can resolve this......

I check my Paypal account (so far, have not bought anything through Paypal), the credit card info inside is diff from the card that was charged.....in any case, I already deleted the credit card info in Paypal..... I really cannot understand how the dark Paypal can charge me..... <_<[knife] ... NBCCB.... pui

Paypal will always send a notification email with a transaction ID to you when u use it.

u shld call Paypal abt it. Everything is traceable. U can ask them for the transaction ID. If they cannot produce it and show that u make the purchase, u have the right not to pay

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I call DBS and cancel the card..... nbzzz CCB.... tell me must pay for the charges first, else next month will charge interest..... LL pay up and hope that they can resolve this......

Are you paying by GIRO ? If by GIRO, then a bit hard to cancel the payment.... [sweatdrop]

If pay by cash or cheque, don't pay them at all.

If there are other genuine purchases in the same CC bill, then pay only for those items only!

Turbocharged
(edited)

Okay, I called Paypal..... they did mention that they are refunding one of the transaction to me as their system only show 1 transaction.... will give them time to check..... told me some nbzzz cb char bor never hear before one buy the game.... CCB.... in fact before I called, they already refunded the amount recently, thats why not shown on statement yet..... I am waiting to sere if they refund me the other 4 transactions....

Ya, give up on DBS Card..... nbzzz.... other bank will call.... they all no sound no sight..... learn something..... will not pay up if it happen again....

The problem now is another $500 or so the farker charged directly to this this simi 7Entertainment, Steamgames.com and Elderscrol website.... DBS will need to chase that back for me...... nbzzz CCB.....

Are you paying by GIRO ? If by GIRO, then a bit hard to cancel the payment.... [sweatdrop]

If pay by cash or cheque, don't pay them at all.

If there are other genuine purchases in the same CC bill, then pay only for those items only!

I pay them through internet banking.... never mind, already pay..... first time gong gong..... will wait for them to get back.... pui....

Edited by Nlatio

Turbocharged

Okay, I called Paypal..... they did mention that they are refunding one of the transaction to me as their system only show 1 transaction.... will give them time to check..... told me some nbzzz cb char bor never hear before one buy the game.... CCB.... in fact before I called, they already refunded the amount recently, thats why not shown on statement yet..... I am waiting to sere if they refund me the other 4 transactions....

Ya, give up on DBS Card..... nbzzz.... other bank will call.... they all no sound no sight..... learn something..... will not pay up if it happen again....

The problem now is another $500 or so the farker charged directly to this this simi 7Entertainment, Steamgames.com and Elderscrol website.... DBS will need to chase that back for me...... nbzzz CCB.....

I pay them through internet banking.... never mind, already pay..... first time gong gong..... will wait for them to get back.... pui....

OT

I had an issue with DBS' credit card while overseas many years ago and called the line and had to wait for more than 1 hour and yet wasn't served. M1 slapped me with a few hundred dollars bill just for that call which I claimed back from DBS after speaking with their head of customer service - I told her I will take further action if they choose to ignore my claim for reimbursement LOL.

Edited by Porker

Today, when I print out my Credit Card statement..... I nearly fainted..... nearly 1K was charged through Paypal and some website that I have not heard of for some nbzzz CCB games (Elder Scroll or simi LJ)..... i check through all my stuff and very sure my kid did not buy it... he is using an iPad, and I already disable the payment long ago.....

I check my Paypal account (so far, have not bought anything through Paypal), the credit card info inside is diff from the card that was charged.....in any case, I already deleted the credit card info in Paypal..... I really cannot understand how the dark Paypal can charge me..... <_<[knife] ... NBCCB.... pui

Sorry to hear your story, my DBS amex also kena the same problem last month, dun know which mfk [furious] charged close to $400 to my card from Playstn in UK. The case still pending. After talking to their CSO, i was told that the default SMS alert spending amount is $1K, then a SMS alert will be sent to customer. i told them to reduce the SMS alert amount to $1 only, it means i will receive SMS for all my credit card transactions which i dun mind. Hope you can get back all your money soon.

Turbocharged

I have many paypal accounts.

All using ah beng ah seng name to registered.

After two three months close it and open another new acct to trade.

Turbocharged

Sorry to hear your story, my DBS amex also kena the same problem last month, dun know which mfk [furious] charged close to $400 to my card from Playstn in UK. The case still pending. After talking to their CSO, i was told that the default SMS alert spending amount is $1K, then a SMS alert will be sent to customer. i told them to reduce the SMS alert amount to $1 only, it means i will receive SMS for all my credit card transactions which i dun mind. Hope you can get back all your money soon.

Thanks Bro.. guess I will ask them to do the same for all my Credit Card..... see ghost already better play safe..... those marter farker really spoil our day..... <_<[rifle]

OT

I had an issue with DBS' credit card while overseas many years ago and called the line and had to wait for more than 1 hour and yet wasn't served. M1 slapped me with a few hundred dollars bill just for that call which I claimed back from DBS after speaking with their head of customer service - I told her I will take further action if they choose to ignore my claim for reimbursement LOL.

Walau you let them play the music while you eat, shower, sh1t and sleep right? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement