Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Me and wife took UBER from valley point to TB plaza, tiong Bahru market, great world. All don't need to pay a single cent. I gave $2 tip anyway. Really pei say. How do the driver earn? Wifey said got promotion $5 per trip.

Ikea Alex back to valley point. Only $1.

From this it is easy to understand quite clearly the scheme is not sustainable and why Uber is doing this. While I like the competition they gave to the otherwise arrogance taxi, some form of controls are required to regulate them. It is the same problems with those bicycles that were thrown all over the place and occupying pedestrian walks. 

Whoever is responsible for their regulations and decide to open up without planning should leave his office by now.

↡ Advertisement

this is good news !! I have been considering to use my car to drive in my free time but the conversion to business entity means I have to refinance and incur loan penalties. 

Shall go get more info ! Thanks 

Not too sure about refinance but insurance for Z10/11/16/17 is a must which is not really an issue.

If you are thinking of driving part time now, it will take at least 3 months for anyone to get the PDVL. The passing rate as far as I know is quite patheic (probably not more than 10 per test session), I really wonder how many of the current 40k+ PHV drivers can be "certified" by 01 July 2018. Probably this is part of LTA's strategy to create a balance between Taxi and PHV drivers.

saw a brand new S class (SLL plate) drop off passengers in my office ... wiith a big blue private hire label on the windscreen

if i wish to uber/grab to meet client - how can i choose a S-class huh? more expensive rate?

Edited by Wt_know

saw a brand new S class (SLL plate) drop off passengers in my office ... wiith a big blue private hire label on the windscreen

if i wish to uber/grab to meet client - how can i choose a S-class huh? more expensive rate? lol

i took a new C200 on normal uberx, S class should be executive 50% more.  

when you uber that time can choose car?

i was told cannot choose car!

only upon accepted then know what car is coming

Edited by Wt_know

if i wish to uber/grab to meet client - how can i choose a S-class huh? more expensive rate?

PH doesn't necessarily mean uber or grab right?

Think those Limo service companies can provide you. RR also can  :D

Exact model cannot la. But they will give you similar range.

Eg. 7 series, S class.

quite pissed with grab lately, got driver canceled my booking a few time liao, duno was it because they are able to see the cost and destination of the trip, then decide to cancel after they think not worth it.

quite pissed with grab lately, got driver canceled my booking a few time liao, duno was it because they are able to see the cost and destination of the trip, then decide to cancel after they think not worth it.

May I ask what destinations ?

May I ask what destinations ?

one was east coast road, driver took the booking and on the way to drop off passenger, after 5min he just messaged 'I'm here' and canceled and full amount was charged to my account. I was looking at the apps and he just dropped off the passenger. Wrote in complain via the app and got reply within 5min to waive the charges.

One was on a raining day going to clementi, he cancel the booking after 2min but no impose charges. Edit: just check my history, I was charged the full fare again, just wrote in again [mad]

one was east coast road, driver took the booking and on the way to drop off passenger, after 5min he just messaged 'I'm here' and canceled and full amount was charged to my account. I was looking at the apps and he just dropped off the passenger. Wrote in complain via the app and got reply within 5min to waive the charges.

One was on a raining day going to clementi, he cancel the booking after 2min but no impose charges. Edit: just check my history, I was charged the full fare again, just wrote in again [mad]

Looking at destination POV, it doesn't look like it's cancelled bcuz of that.

After all, Grab driver can see both destination and price and can don't accept in the first place, unlike Uber driver. [:p]

Or myabe it was a grabtaxi. he see's someone flagging him down and get better fare ?

But I didn't know Grab has a cancellation charge.

If I can see destination as Uber driver, I'll probably skip those going to orchard/town. [:p]

Bcuz i hate the traffic there.

I also kena. This taxi driver ask me to cancel because he said he got 'tyre puncture'.

Sent a complaint to Grab. They shouldn't be allowed to do this.

My very limited experience with Uber is like what you mentioned.

Only after confirming the trip, the app starts looking for driver and notify the driver info.

• Praise 5

I always find grab same as like last time those taxi driver, can choose and pick the passenger they want. Esp if you use grabcar, both taxi and car can accept rider request. So still got chance to bump onto those taxi driver. Uber is far better as driver cannot see the destination.

Recently i also quite pissed off with grab. I requested grabcar and one taxi driver accepted my ride. After i boarded the taxi and tell the taxi driver to go the route that i want, he told me the route is further and dont want to use that route, and told me the fare you are paying is already low, i dont want to waste my time taking longer route. If the taxi is by meter, i believe that taxi driver confirmed dont mind taking a longer route. Looks like taxi driver mindset really cmi, until today they still very choosy where and what they want to do and go.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

I also kena. This taxi driver ask me to cancel because he said he got 'tyre puncture'.

I don't know about grab.. But for Uber, we driver have can select do not charge rider when we driver cancel on rider. So if any of the Uber driver message rider and ask rider to cancel the ride for whatever reason, the rider can actually wrote in to complain.

The do not charge rider is there for a reason, like your case, Tyre puncture. Or sway sway, met onto accident halfway when on the way to pick up rider or any other reasons, it's not fair to put cancelation charge to rider.

I have select do not charge rider too many times already. All of the time is really bo Bian. Like when I received the ping, it put 10minutes, I accept it. Skally I passed the traffic light as it's too late to turn left. The GPS then calculate the time to reach now become 15 minutes. I feel it's not too right to let rider wait for so long so I cancel with do not charge rider. Max for myself is 10minutes. There are also case where, when reach the location, don't know where exactly is the rider even after on phone talking to the person, I have no choice but to cancel with do not charge rider.

One thing bad about Uber app is that the app will give ping to driver when driver is still on the way to drop off another rider that is say 10minutes. The app will based on the route timing, but will never consider the timing that driver have to drive to basement carpark to drop off rider, collect cash, go into guardhouse, all these may take additional 2 to 5 minutes, end up become 15 minutes. Then nevermind, driver can don't accept right? But if driver don't accept will affect the acceptance rate.

Edited by Yewheng

I always find grab same as like last time those taxi driver, can choose and pick the passenger they want. Esp if you use grabcar, both taxi and car can accept rider request. So still got chance to bump onto those taxi driver. Uber is far better as driver cannot see the destination.

Recently i also quite pissed off with grab. I requested grabcar and one taxi driver accepted my ride. After i boarded the taxi and tell the taxi driver to go the route that i want, he told me the route is further and dont want to use that route, and told me the fare you are paying is already low, i dont want to waste my time taking longer route. If the taxi is by meter, i believe that taxi driver confirmed dont mind taking a longer route. Looks like taxi driver mindset really cmi, until today they still very choosy where and what they want to do and go.

One thing for sure, if you want to go longer route, make sure the arrival timing and the exact drop off location is not too far off from the original drop off location that you selected. If let's say one of it is not fulfilled, it will not be fix fare. The fare will be based on distance and also the timing that is stationary. Then the longer distance will be more expensive then the shorter distance.. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Err.... fixed amt lor. Taxi driver is rite this time as he become grabbed in this moment..... know like our red car park lots. Magic.

But then dun expect 15dollar value when u choose 10dollar value service bqr

• Praise 1

took grab this morning, first car cancel few seconds after confirm.

Asked the 2nd driver why grab keep canceling booking lately, he blame it on the pin

took grab this morning, first car cancel few seconds after confirm.

Asked the 2nd driver why grab keep canceling booking lately, he blame it on the pin

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1