Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Ya. Last time my dad ever drive some angmo passengers when his driver on MC, they usually give between $50-$100 tip per trip. Ask him use the money buy toys for his kids. Lol.

Some angmoh stay in rented house cost 40-50k per mth.Still smaller house than T2.So 100 dollars mean nothing.OK no need think too much.
↡ Advertisement

I see it as them being overpaid  (in their own country or here as FT). 

If I am overpaid 2 to 3 times my job is worth, I also have no qualms about tipping $100 each time I eat at hawker centre.

Now who is willing to employ me at the rate such that I can tip like that? PM me please :D    

Disclaimer: I am not ang moh although I cannot deny the DK part. :D

Ya. Last time my dad ever drive some angmo passengers when his driver on MC, they usually give between $50-$100 tip per trip. Ask him use the money buy toys for his kids. Lol.

I see it as them being overpaid  (in their own country or here as FT). 

If I am overpaid 2 to 3 times my job is worth, I also have no qualms about tipping $100 each time I eat at hawker centre.

Now who is willing to employ me at the rate such that I can tip like that? PM me please :D    

Disclaimer: I am not ang moh although I cannot deny the DK part. :D

Yup,if you can pichar lobang can considered DK. :mellow:

Edited by MTL

Can someone GrabHitch driver explain promotion fees, e.g., the total ride is $10.00

Hitcher pays S$6.00. The rest is on Grab.

Does it means the passenger still pay the driver full fare of $10.00 or only $6.00?

Thx U

Can someone GrabHitch driver explain promotion fees, e.g., the total ride is $10.00

Does it means the passenger still pay the driver full fare of $10.00 or only $6.00?

Thx U

Hitcher pay $6, Grab top up $4, driver gets $10.

• Praise 2

Me and wife took UBER from valley point to TB plaza, tiong Bahru market, great world. All don't need to pay a single cent. I gave $2 tip anyway. Really pei say. How do the driver earn? Wifey said got promotion $5 per trip.

Ikea Alex back to valley point. Only $1.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Me and wife took UBER from valley point to TB plaza, tiong Bahru market, great world. All don't need to pay a single cent. I gave $2 tip anyway. Really pei say. How do the driver earn? Wifey said got promotion $5 per trip.

uber will pay them the $5.

I see. So they really loose out picking customer on short trip.

No la, it work like this.. Let's say the fare is 5 bucks and just nice the rider use promo code with 5 bucks. So rider pay nothing and Uber will take 20% from the fare and the rest 4 bucks Uber will pay the driver.

So driver never lose anything.. 

KO

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/uber-loses-its-licence-to-operate-in-london

LONDON (REUTERS) -London's transport regulator on Friday stripped Uber of its licence to operate from the end of the month, affecting over 40,000 drivers in a huge blow to the taxi app.

"Uber's approach and conduct demonstrate a lack of corporate responsibility in relation to a number of issues which have potential public safety and security implications," Transport for London (TfL) said on Friday (Sept 22).

The final day of Uber's licence will be on Sep. 30.

Uber, which has the right to appeal the decision within 21 days, did not offer an immediate comment. It is unclear whether Uber will be able to operate in October whilst any appeal is being considered. In London, Uber has faced criticism from unions, lawmakers and traditional black cab drivers over working conditions.

Globally, Uber has endured a tumultuous few months after a string of scandals involving allegations of sexism and bullying at the company, leading to investor pressure which forced out former CEO and co-founder Travis Kalanick.

The app has been forced to quit several countries including Denmark and Hungary and faced regulatory battles in multiple US states and countries around the world. London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he backed the decision.

"All companies in London must play by the rules and adhere to the high standards we expect - particularly when it comes to the safety of customers," he said. "It would be wrong if TfL continued to license Uber if there is any way that this could pose a threat to Londoners' safety and security."

Edited by Mockngbrd

Thx U

Passenger pays $6. Grab tops up the rest for the driver.

Driver will still be paid la. Grab/Uber will pay the amount.

Edited by Benarsenal

KO

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/uber-loses-its-licence-to-operate-in-london

LONDON (REUTERS) -London's transport regulator on Friday stripped Uber of its licence to operate from the end of the month, affecting over 40,000 drivers in a huge blow to the taxi app.

"Uber's approach and conduct demonstrate a lack of corporate responsibility in relation to a number of issues which have potential public safety and security implications," Transport for London (TfL) said on Friday (Sept 22).

The final day of Uber's licence will be on Sep. 30.

Uber, which has the right to appeal the decision within 21 days, did not offer an immediate comment. It is unclear whether Uber will be able to operate in October whilst any appeal is being considered. In London, Uber has faced criticism from unions, lawmakers and traditional black cab drivers over working conditions.

Globally, Uber has endured a tumultuous few months after a string of scandals involving allegations of sexism and bullying at the company, leading to investor pressure which forced out former CEO and co-founder Travis Kalanick.

The app has been forced to quit several countries including Denmark and Hungary and faced regulatory battles in multiple US states and countries around the world. London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he backed the decision.

"All companies in London must play by the rules and adhere to the high standards we expect - particularly when it comes to the safety of customers," he said. "It would be wrong if TfL continued to license Uber if there is any way that this could pose a threat to Londoners' safety and security."

In SG they provide jobs and props up the coe.

Likely encouraged to stay for as long as possible.

London fail, bcuz of security (crime) and medical issues not addressed properly by Uber. Possibly backed up by frustrated taxi and Uber drivers.

In Sg, unlikely to happen. Crime is not a real issue here. LTA has addressed the training and certification of drivers to taxi standards.

• Praise 1

21752322_1565916086765289_38908874199407

this is good news !! I have been considering to use my car to drive in my free time but the conversion to business entity means I have to refinance and incur loan penalties. 

Shall go get more info ! Thanks 

↡ Advertisement