Big fire at Balestier Rd coffeeshop!

Stooky

This coffee shop is right in front of Balestier Hill Primary School.

Seems burning vigorously in all the stalls and cashier counter.

Hypersonic

:o Everything burnt! Very serious. Used to pass by there quite often. Now it's all gone. Hope nobody was injured.

just beside the kopi thiam there is a old time bar there, which is in front of the nus stop.

really stink every time if i pass by there....

to think that I was there yesterday when I sent my car for servicing at Sin Ming.....hope that no one is injured.....

is this the coffeeshop that has a old man selling bat kut teh there?

The bah kut teh with the purple signboard that they will put along the side of the road? Used to be in the coffee shop (now some interior design stuffs) just across the lane, open air makan. There used to be a mess up stairs. Spent a good part of my youth there. Mainly advising wayward youths on the danger of drugs and gangs. Really. Anyway, the coffeeshop recently like nothing good except for the entrance side char siew rice. The old bar next door is still around with a new name but i bet the titties are as saggy as before. Rakyat clinic still around. Awesome.

The bah kut teh with the purple signboard that they will put along the side of the road? Used to be in the coffee shop (now some interior design stuffs) just across the lane, open air makan. There used to be a mess up stairs. Spent a good part of my youth there. Mainly advising wayward youths on the danger of drugs and gangs. Really. Anyway, the coffeeshop recently like nothing good except for the entrance side char siew rice. The old bar next door is still around with a new name but i bet the titties are as saggy as before. Rakyat clinic still around. Awesome.

I think last year or so the coffeeshop just renovated.

I was there for the BKT, so it has moved opp.

I prefer that stall BKT than the one at Sin Ming corner coffeeshop or the FaQiRen at the overhead bridge.

• Praise 1

SINGAPORE: A fire broke out at a coffee shop along Balestier Road on Sunday morning, leaving the entire premises gutted.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said no one was hurt due to the blaze, although a man from a neighbouring unit suffered minor cuts and abrasions as he was evacuating the premises.

There were at least six food stalls in the coffee shop, which can accommodate about 50 patrons.

The SCDF said it was alerted to the incident at 10.45am, and eyewitnesses said firefighters arrived within 10 minutes.

It sent one fire engine, two red rhinos and five support vehicles.

There were some 20 people at the coffee shop at the time and they evacuated safely.

According to eyewitnesses, customers at the coffee shop saw thick, black smoke coming out from the back of the unit.

They ran out and were followed by workers at the coffee shop.

After the evacuation, they heard a series of small explosions.

About 20 others who were attending a religious meeting at the Buddha Dhamma Mandala Society on the second floor also evacuated the building.

Venerable S Dhammika, adviser at the Buddha Dhamma Mandala Society, said: "We tried to put out the fire, not realising that downstairs, the fire was getting out of control.

“One person very bravely ran downstairs (and) opened the door, and by opening the door, cleared all the smoke from the stairwell, and we managed to get out that way. If it hadn't been for that, we might have had to jump out the window."

Padma Lim, committee member of the Buddha Dhamma Mandala Society, said: "I saw from the glass window, (there was) fire and smoke. I told everybody, 'Look! There's a fire! It looks bad!'

“I wanted to make sure that all the electrical points were switched off and all the lights had to go off. Otherwise, there might be electrical current and people might be electrocuted."

The blaze was confined to the coffee shop and was extinguished within 20 minutes with the use of two water jets.

SCDF is investigating the cause of the fire.

Channel NewsAsia understands that it originated from the coffee shop's cooking exhaust system.

- CNA/xq

• Praise 1

arson or accident ?

This is what happen when flipping of prata overdone

:o Everything burnt! Very serious. Used to pass by there quite often. Now it's all gone. Hope nobody was injured.

Time to demolish and change to condo

Wow, u know this place well.

The titties are not saggy hor. They've got younger PRC ard. Anyway, this bar has been there since I attend primary school there in the early 80's!!!

That coffeeshop used to be my final stop after pedalling back from Pulau Ubin. The rear of the coffeshop is spacious. Used to frequent the ze char and old chang kee there too.

so many coffee shops burning down nowadays... just 2 or 3 weeks ago the entire coffee shop at marine terrace burned down too, everything was gone within a matter of minutes.

Wow, u know this place well.

The titties are not saggy hor. They've got younger PRC ard. Anyway, this bar has been there since I attend primary school there in the early 80's!!!

That coffeeshop used to be my final stop after pedalling back from Pulau Ubin. The rear of the coffeshop is spacious. Used to frequent the ze char and old chang kee there too.

Heh, grew up there from 84 to 95. Seedy neighbourhood.

This coffee shop is right in front of Balestier Hill Primary School.

Seems burning vigorously in all the stalls and cashier counter.

of late, i seeing a lot of oldhouses and buildings and those 'with strategic locations' catching fire. Rochor recently too.

If mammary serves me well, i recall some 'much older' incidents with the same plight i read about in the archives. Is it just me?

Think i need to bury more ppl to get my mind of these. [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

so many coffee shops burning down nowadays... just 2 or 3 weeks ago the entire coffee shop at marine terrace burned down too, everything was gone within a matter of minutes.

Rochor recently too?

↡ Advertisement