Fatal drink driving accident at Tampines

Stooky

wah, the police got evidence to prosecute the driver based on the gal's account [thumbsup]

was she drunk? if drunk how to trust her statement?

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

It's funny reading someone's facebook when they die. They post every small little things in life but the Biggest event of their life but no selfies and status.

It's even stranger seeing comments on their FB walls from friends etc even though you know they will no longer be able to read. Sometimes some words can only be spoken from the heart and posting on their social networks won't reach them.

Our society has evolved in such a way that even grieving takes place on the internet.

Treasure your loved ones while they're still alive because you never know what's gonna happen the next moment.

RIP to the two girls.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

can't imagine how the 2 girls flew out the rear window,

the impact came from front, rear seat passengers even if w/o seat belt, should fly to front, and impacted driver and co-driver seat back to injure

car was damaged at right rear so:

spun, right rear hits tree, girls' inertia and lack of seat belt restraint throws them out of car through the rear door window.

based on the name "TANG ZILIANG",

is the guy china nationality?

they know how to say 'la', 'aimai', 'aiya'??

Supercharged

based on the name "TANG ZILIANG",

is the guy china nationality?

could it be hanyupinyin?

i not concerned about his nationality but i do know the toughest centre to get driver licence is in Ubi!

all my cmi who tried Ubi got their licence either at SSDC Woodlands or BBtok on 1st attempt after transferring over. n their licence is now hanging on their wall to certify that they paid $3k+. that is the most exp decoration considering the time spend on getting it.

Turbocharged

Reminds me of the bugger who buang the Integra along corporation road. His gf not wearing seatbelt at the front flew out of the car and passed on. She happened to be my friend's cousin.

could it be hanyupinyin?

i not concerned about his nationality but i do know the toughest centre to get driver licence is in Ubi!

all my cmi who tried Ubi got their licence either at SSDC Woodlands or BBtok on 1st attempt after transferring over. n their licence is now hanging on their wall to certify that they paid $3k+. that is the most exp decoration considering the time spend on getting it.

wah....lucky no have SSDC Ang Mo Kio. I got my license there!

Supersonic

Sad about the victims. Its a tragic accident and one that should have been avoided.

The driver (we come to know from the front passenger) insisted on driving even though he was drunk. That was his first lapse of judgement. Second time is when he sped through that twisty old road. Both the times, the contributor was the alcohol and stupid testosterone.

Hopefully, this serves as an example to the other young bloods out there to stop their friends from driving when they are drunk or in extreme cases, walking away and not getting into such cars if a lift was offered.

Nowadays, with binge drinking and alcohol as a pre-requisite for having a good time, maybe a more pervasive tech that can stop such people from sitting behind the wheels is needed.

There should be a campaign on this.

Educate both driver & passenger.

• Praise 2

So sad and so young too :( I always remind my kids to put on seat belts. Cars should also have alarm if rear seatbelts not put on. RIP.

• Praise 1

Wonder what will be the comments if Driver driving other makes/models for example, civic, wrx?

If our government takes serious views that our driving schools CMI, lives could be save.

If government can be more proactive setting up roadblocks everyday, it will also further deter people from drink-driving.

Wonder what will be the comments if Driver driving other makes/models for example, civic, wrx?

If our government takes serious views that our driving schools CMI, lives could be save.

If government can be more proactive setting up roadblocks everyday, it will also further deter people from drink-driving.

You know the stereotypes associated with certain makes and models.

I do feel that our driving schools already make life tough for most people getting a licence nowadays. Most of the time, unless you're an NSF with SPF, you usually won't pass on your first attempt. Go ask any guy who got their licence as an NSF in SPF. Most of them will tell you they passed on their first attempt. Some say this is deliberate while others say that it's cos the person can't drive. I do feel that at times, it is deliberate. Most of the time, testers will purposely give you points for not checking your blindspot even if you did so in their presence and make it super obvious. It seems that priority is given to those in SPF.

Roadblocks are conducted everyday.

↡ Advertisement