Fatal drink driving accident at Tampines

Stooky

No where in the article mentions drink-driving.

It is premature to assume that the driver and/or the passengers were intoxicated, and give comments that assumes that they were.

↡ Advertisement

No where in the article mentions drink-driving.

It is premature to assume that the driver and/or the passengers were intoxicated, and give comments that assumes that they were.

the front passenger who survived has already said what happened..

lazy to paste facebook links here. refer above

• Praise 2

It's funny reading someone's facebook when they die. They post every small little things in life but the Biggest event of their life but no selfies and status.

• Praise 1

It's funny reading someone's facebook when they die. They post every small little things in life but the Biggest event of their life but no selfies and status.

sad but very true.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

If the male driver drink and drive, he should be jailed plus ban from driving for minimum 20yrs...

I disagree. He doesn't respect that a car is a machine and already knows he is going clubbing, all the more there is a possibility he might take a sip or two. Therefore, he should be banned for life.

• Praise 3

I disagree. He doesn't respect that a car is a machine and already knows he is going clubbing, all the more there is a possibility he might take a sip or two. Therefore, he should be banned for life.

Yup. Why give him another chance to make another mistake? Need to be harsh on people who drink and drive. It's lives that is lost here and not just another car turning into scrap
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

when a person knows he is dying, what are the chances of him knowing that he is in peace.

as for this case, would it be in peace? i truly hope it will as it will be worse off for their loved ones.

can we eradicate this problem of drunk driving? probably not.

how many of us drivers here in mcf have been caught drunk driving? and did you do it again?

many would disagree with me on banning those caught drunk driving for life. but when you are sober, would you want the possibility of getting behind the wheel and injured/killed pple if it didn't happen before to materialise?

no matter how remote, wouldn't it be in everyone's interest this ban for life is implemented?

that is unless one is psycho n can live with the guilt of having their hands stained with blood.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Never drive to drink so you will never drink and drive. Life too short to be dead by accident...

Convenience or no convenience, I told myself never drive to drink, if I drive no alcohol for me. Whether or not people laugh at me is immaterial, I'm staying alive for my parents, for my friends and most importantly for my family.

IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY FOR ALL PUBS TO BE EQUIP WITH BREATH ANALYZER

Apparently, we have not done enough to prevent drink driving... DRINK DRIVERS MUST BE BANNED FOR LIFE

Supercharged

Never drive to drink so you will never drink and drive. Life too short to be dead by accident...

Convenience or no convenience, I told myself never drive to drink, if I drive no alcohol for me. Whether or not people laugh at me is immaterial, I'm staying alive for my parents, for my friends and most importantly for my family.

IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY FOR ALL PUBS TO BE EQUIP WITH BREATH ANALYZER

Apparently, we have not done enough to prevent drink driving... DRINK DRIVERS MUST BE BANNED FOR LIFE

It is a good suggestion to mandate all watering holes to be equip with BA but there are those who buy alcohol and drink elsewhere. So, like you, I believe banning for life is still the best option.

why 19 years old go drinking till so late? parents dun bother?

18-19 years olds, no more chewren aleadie la. Even if the parents did bother, cant rein them in at this age all the time.
  • Praise 1

Rear seat passengers not wearing seat belts? The report said they flew out the window. Could have been alive if seat belt was used?

can't imagine how the 2 girls flew out the rear window,

the impact came from front, rear seat passengers even if w/o seat belt, should fly to front, and impacted driver and co-driver seat back to injure

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

can't imagine how the 2 girls flew out the rear window,

the impact came from front, rear seat passengers even if w/o seat belt, should fly to front, and impacted driver and co-driver seat back to injure

could be the way the car fish tail and they never wear seat belt?

Sad about the victims. Its a tragic accident and one that should have been avoided.

The driver (we come to know from the front passenger) insisted on driving even though he was drunk. That was his first lapse of judgement. Second time is when he sped through that twisty old road. Both the times, the contributor was the alcohol and stupid testosterone.

Hopefully, this serves as an example to the other young bloods out there to stop their friends from driving when they are drunk or in extreme cases, walking away and not getting into such cars if a lift was offered.

Nowadays, with binge drinking and alcohol as a pre-requisite for having a good time, maybe a more pervasive tech that can stop such people from sitting behind the wheels is needed.

Edited by ins1dious
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3